Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Would you do Christine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, Jan 25, 2010.

1. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

You keep on knockin' but you can't come in!!!!!!!!

2. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I had a '57 and a '58 Belves but I would build it like the Watson '57 and not a stocker.

4. flamed34

flamed34

First car I ever restored was a '60 Plymouth Fury - started when I was 13....I really wanted a '58, but couldn't find one even in the mid-80's not rusted out to the door handles in WNY. Second car I bought was a '60 Belvedere with all the goodies. Both long gone, and I can only find 1 pic of the Fury with me standing in front of it!

I'm still trying to find a solid '58 Fury or Belvedere...26 years later! I do have a relatively solid '57 Plaza 2 door post...and if the right deal doesn't come along before I get to it I'll probably build it, but I'd rather sell and find the '58 hardtop!

5. id do christine.... for sure i to have allways like the 58 furys

one of my uncles had a red 58 belve 4 door that got cut almost in half length wise when he ran into a wire that was being used to flat tow another car back in 64
    of course that the story i heard i wasnt born until 70 so itys all here say i do have a black and white pick of him and the car

a while back i had a 65 belvedere 2 4 door and one night while it was ideling in my garage i walked out in nfront of it and uttered "SHOW ME" for shits and giggles the car actually coughed and sputtered and died it never did anything like that before nor did it ever do it again

but as far as the way the car acts in the movie towards its owner ive known a few mopars that seemed to have picked thier owners ive seen mopars that wouldnt run for shit for one owner and not give the next owner one even small probnlem and ive

my mom had that effect on mopars my first 69 charger i had it never gave me a problem at all i took it over to show my mom and as long as she stood in front of it it wouldnt start up for shit so my mom said typicall dodge and walked back in the house and as soon as the door closed the charger fired right up never gave me any starting problems after that wierd but true

6. I have a buddy with an Ex- wife named Chistine. :rolleyes: YES!

7. If she had nice tits, sure I'd do a Christine.

8. DougHH

DougHH

heh yeap...

9. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

10. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

It's been 20+ years since I read the book, but as I recall, the book ended quite differently than the movie.

In the book, several years after the "story ended" [where the movie left off], the surviving characters were killed off "very mysteriously" in "hit and run" accidents with no witnesses.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

11. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

My FIL was a big fan of the 57,58,59 sport Fury's, he owned and totaled one when new.
    He sold most of his about 5 years ago but still has a "restored" (good quality) '58 Sport Fury, with the 2-4's and the gold trim. I prefer the '59, black with red int and swivel seats!

After he got the cars done, he maybe drove them a couple of thousand miles, then they just sat.

David

12. 1952henry

1952henry

13. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Yes, my favorite movie and favorite car.

14. did her....maybe she did me......

And, yes, I'd love to have a Plymouth like that. Even more, though, I'd like a garage big enough to put it in!

15. Info & Pics about the junkyard where the movie cars went:
    http://www.forwardlook.net/features/billandeds.htm

Ran across the page in the link a couple years ago, one more place to visit when someone finally get's around to building that car hauler sized time machine.:cool:

Attached Files:

16. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Read the book when I was in grade school,(long Time ago) for some reason I remember dennis using a shit truck with petunia on the side????to destroy Christine. dont recall the hit and runs at the end. I love those cars, An old guy down the street from me had a cream or white colored one with gold insets or paint on the fins.
    Closest thing I ever had was her ugly stepsister, a red 1960 phoenix 4 dr with a poly motor.

Movie gets award for best use of a first gen camaro.

Shit wipes off,......... kinda like Moochie welch got wiped off.

17. Squablow

Squablow

I have a '60 Fury and even I get Christine comments, even though it's black.

I make the bumper "wings" new if anyone needs a set. Mine are castings, the only other repops made are fiberglass.

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Clones are pretty lame in my opinion. I sure as heck wouldn't clone a stocker either.

Customs are the shizzle.

19. No, I would not clone Christine..or any other car for that matter (not into "cloned" cars). I like the original car, and the movie.

20. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Clone it? No. Love to own one though!!!

21. I got a 59 Plymouth (similar), but even if I had a 58 I still wouldn't make a Christine clone. It's sad to see when too many take a car made popular by a movie and clone them. No originality...

To Necro... It doesn't work. I've tried several times and the car still sits there in the garage... Unfinished...

22. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

I wish my car would fix itself...great movie!

23. Miss3Four

Miss3Four

Stole my words!

We have a 61 fury... but I agree with others on the board, no originality. Build it drive it, don't reproduce.

24. Now that's funny!! The drag car version is pretty cool.

25. When I was young my uncle, who played with Bill Haley and the Comets came to visit. He rolled up with a 57 Plymouth popped the hood and showed me the two fours. I was gleaming and he said that it would really go fast. My Aunt heard him and said yeah, but it can pass everything but a gas station. He smiled and with that country slow drawl said " I recon". They are both gone now and so is the car but all three left me with a fond memory. One, two, three o'clock rock! I would certainly like to have one today. I bought my son the movie and he loved it . A Spielberg masterpiece. I thought the hoodlums were well portrayed. :cool:

26. lowlife matt

lowlife matt

This thread is right up my alley. I have a 57 Belvedere. Its painted red and white to look like Christine but Its more of a mild 50's custom. Lowered, lakes, and white tuck-n-roll,
    The car been autographed by Big Daddy Ed Roth and Boyd Coddington

Attached Files:

27. swi66

swi66

Christine is cool..........
    But, so many have already done it.

I'd love any finned MOPAR

28. John Carpenter(Halloween, Escape from New York, The thing, etc.) directed Christine.

29. Christine was Autumn Red.

30. I've read it several times, first King book I read, back when it was first published. She was crunched by Dennis with Petunia, but Arnie wasn't in her; ha died with his mother in a car crash coming home from a chess tournament(weird that it was no spectacular death). Also, Darnell died when Christine destroyed his house, not crushed by the steering wheel.