Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn: "Back to the 50's" bound H.A.M.B.ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, May 25, 2010.

1. It's getting closer:eek::D
    I brought up the idea of a HAMB Ground Zero/Greet and Meet location a few months ago. Since BTT 50's is less than a month away I thought I'd Get some feedback and ideas.
    I got permission from Ryan to make some kind of banner and or signs.
    I was thinking of having a spot for HAMBers to meet, touch base or just hang out and cool your heels. Shade. Trees and/or an awening. A few chairs, cooler with beverages, Maybe a table or two. We can still have a schedualed Meet and Greet like last year too.
    We met at the Horse Barn area last year. I thought I'd see if I can secure something more centrally located and a little more park like.
    Any ideas or support would be appreciated:)
    Thanks gang
    Mark

2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

It seemed like there was a lot of leftover space on the grandstand main floor last year...

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I look forward to seeing you again, Mark. Keep us posted and thanks for taking a leadership role

4. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

there's a lot of benches by the bandshell, I think there's some shade there too...

5. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

I'm not super familiar with the fairgrounds , but wonder if something in the area of the DNR buildings would work. If you get very "centrally located" you end up with the issue of just to many cars and people and hard to get around.
    The bandshell area is another idea, usually not to hard to find a place to sit until a little while before the concerts in the evening. Also a fair number of food vendors and restrooms near by and plenty of shade.

6. let see, I am the disabled one, who usually parks up nord dere on machinery hill:eek:
    if I am gonna walk down to horse barn better have a chair and a sugar cookie for my recovery:p

well after going to two car shows there this spring at least I know a little more about the layout of the fair seems so lonely without all the throngs of people during the event!!!

well i can easily walk the 4 blocks to the bandshell, and hope it dont rain out like last year!!!

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  7. I like the bandshell idea. Shade is good, 'specially if you're talking about mid afternoon on Saturday (assumption on my part). Thanks for taking the lead Mark - great idea!

8. Were are going, name the time and place.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I will be there with bobwop, my pal eugene vik and of course hang out with seesko---can't wait. will be my first time.

10. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Good luck finding some place centrally located. I would plan on being there EXTREMELY early if you are going to try that. Last year I drove in with about 4 other cars and met a couple other people at a pre-determined pretty unpopular area. Even at 6:30 AM we couldn't get spots all together. Even though they say the doors open at 6AM I know they must be letting people in earlier than that. I can't think of any other way 80% of the really good spots would be taken that early.

If you're just looking for a place to meet with people and socialize you might be ok but getting parking together for more than a couple of cars is very frustrating.

I'll be watching to see how your plans progress. I'd like to stop by and say 'hi' and put some faces with names (or in this case fake names:D).

Jay

11. The first HAMB meatngreet was next to Snelling by the Greenhouses and under? the watertower? Ask BobK for sure, there were a dozen of us. 2000

12. Billet

Billet

Thanks seesko for the reminder and taking point on the HAMB meetngreet - I just got my MSRA confirmation letter. Another reason to mark the calendar for June 18-20.

13. The Band shell area sounds pretty good, T-Mans idea is good too. I usually park my car by the DNR with a group friends. I'll do some further research.

14. yes, the band shell sounds great.....let's stay away from the DNR building

15. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, 6:30 am is about 3 hours too late. I swear that some guys leave when the grounds close and pull around to the entrance to wait in line. The last couple of years I was in line by 4am and still had a mile or two of cars already in front of me....:confused:

16. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I believe it. It's kind of annoying and kind of funny at the same time. These guys are all hustling to get their good parking spots at 4 am and them by 3 in the afternoon you walk around and they're all heading home or asleep in their lawn chairs.:rolleyes:

Jay

17. Band shell it is.

18. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'll be there !

19. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

I'll be there, my truck has been in storage for 7 years, Just got the transmission rebuilt and I am stoked about making the trip down this year and not just being a pedestrian again. See ya at the band shell......Scott

20. Good to hear you got your truck going. It took me 25 years until I had a car that was BTT50's worthy. It's sure fun sitting with the cool kids!

21. Hey Mr Falcon:)

22. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

What time and what day????

23. Last year the major Meet and Greet was at 12:00 on Saturday. Does that work for everyone else? Any other suggestions?

24. carryallman

carryallman

hey how about a phone # or sign if this meeting place dont work out ? i am also meeting a group of "metal meet " guys and the problem is where ever we meet ,some other group is also trying to meet there ? thanks guys mike "carryallman" wahl

25. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Band shell, not a good idea, you might find room for two cars if you got in line at 2am.....................Rich

26. AntiBling

AntiBling

I was at the M&G two years ago, the first time at 50s, it was at the Horse Barn and everyone that showed up with cars, they fit them in, but it was a crunch.

After that I walked down the street, I guess if you're looking at the map it would be the Judging Arena but at the time it had "Horses" written on it, it was just a covered barn, down by the Swine Barn, it was over the hill and you couldn't see it from the Horse Barn but it was pretty much wide open area there, not really any cars parked there. And the street in front of the Swine Barn was completely empty.

I would say if you want a meet & greet you can get cars to, get to the edges of the show away from the gates, and have people bring their own chairs if they want to sit.

27. sinks88

sinks88

I have a question, what if I lost my registration letter with the confirmation number? (the packet that came with the HUGE B2T50's stickers) Can I call somebody? am I screwed?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

28. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I doubt that too may will drive their car to the M&G. Most get there early and secure a spot. Driving around at noon to relocate to a M&G is next to impossible unless you meet in the big old parking lot on the west end, and give up your spot to get there.

29. titus

titus

you should be able to go the host hotel and get in line and talk to a bttf official, you should be able to get it taken care of.

i second that, you could walk there but you aint never gonna get A car let alone many cars there.

i would suggest someone get a nice tent and set it up in the midway, or the race track pits, its not the most desirable location but theres lots of parking and room for everyone, just kinda of make your own meca, if you found a nice little quit area go and part there and people will come, two years ago i found a huge parking lot behind famous daves right by the grand stands, and parked there, it was perfect, but i think last year it was made into a handi cap parking area, dunno.

JEFF

30. AntiBling

AntiBling

I guess I've only been to the one but most everyone that showed up to the meet and greet, either drove their cars to it, or were like me and didn't have a car at the show.