Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Jim Street Golden Sahara?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dooley, Apr 19, 2010.

1. A very small sampling of what he did.

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I understand this is a small sampling of his work. The search I did was by date, and there is no indication of him being involved with the Golden Sahara/movie. Stu

3. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

How about any pics other than magazine and movie of this car, like perosnal pics from a show or crusie night?

4. #81 Cinderfella (1960)(uncredited)Gold chauffer.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

6. Ok so we know that Jim Street has the Barris golden sahara hidden away but does anyone know where the other golden sahara is it was built by Gary's custom shop in Sea Cliff,N.Y. it was owned by Russ Grady of Stamford,Conn. It was a 57 olds that had a plexiglass roof and too many other mods to list.It was a cover car in the November 63 Customs Illustrated going by the name of the golden sahara.

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its alive and well there was a story about it and its ongoing resto in Kustoms Illustrated last year...you do read it I hope :D

8. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

the russ grady car was called the oriental - chopped black 57 olds with a blown 371 -in its first build after that it got painted gold ( i think) and had the plexi roof put in it ,also some where along the line the interior was all bamboo - i believe it's in mass in the care of a nephew or cousin , i think there was a post on this a while back --

9. S.F.

S.F.

It was just at a local cruise night at a hamburger stand, who would have a camera on them there?

10. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I have to apologize to Jim Street and all the readers of this thread. After some soul searching I find in my own small way I have done the same thing I put him down for doing. I took my finished, dependable Mustang powered roadster and changed it. Maybe not for the better but just because I needed to change it.
    We do need to keep this thread open just in case someone gets a glimpse of the two fine cars of his.

Attached Files:

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  11. 31Atudor

31Atudor

Well said. Street got a lot of undue criticism for doing what HE wanted to do with HIS property. At times, this thread has been like watching the lookers at a cruise or show telling how you should have done your car and how theirs is going to be better. I'm sure when he wants to he'll let the cars out. If he doesn't that's his prerogative.

Nuff said

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Me, mine is always with me, always.;)

13. And thank goodess it is!

14. McCoy

McCoy
    from Seatown

Yeah, I bump dead threads. Great car(s) and some great information on this thread.

If I were Mr. Street and read your smear on him in your posts I would have gotten a red ass. Questioning his worth on a public forum is a cunny hair away from character assassination. I think you would be better off cobbling and redoing your tribute car. So you saw some colored pictures and took an about face?

Sorry, I have to agree with Mr. 600 post.

15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

This was my appology to him!!!! I hate it when people only hear parts of the conversation and make comments.

16. tikiman13

tikiman13
    from dayton oh

So..... What do I win if I know when Mr.Sreet lives and also stores his cars. No shit!

17. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

nothing, unless you get pics of either car...

18. tikiman13

tikiman13
    from dayton oh

Give me a couple weeks Im gonna have my dad talk him into letting me get over to check out his warehouse.

19. tinmann

tinmann

Forget those dusty old cars!! How's his monkey?

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

What's with all the erroneous flap about the 'Lincoln being wrecked towing the R&C Dream Truck'???

Spence Murray was driving a new Chevy Cameo pickup when a tire blew, flipping the Cameo AND the Dream Truck. There are many pics of the aftermath, with the Cameo prominently displayed in the foreground.

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

[​IMG]

The Lincoln towing Dan Landons car after his motor blew in the Chevy.. George was flat towing the car..

On another note I just found 10 more pictures from this wreck that have never been seen.. I'll post them up soon..

22. Rikster

Rikster

YES please!!!

23. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Everybody here in town knows where it is, where he lives etc.
    It will come out when the time comes....
    hell, Johnny Vance was talking about it today...

So you win nothing and don't pester the old fucker....:eek:

LGW13 likes this.
  24. Dont hold out on the pics.lets see em!

25. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Yo Evel...where's the pics :)

26. 'Mo

'Mo

Now that you mention it, does anyone know whatever became of the Dan Landon Chevy?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  27. RAY With

RAY With

Well any way you cut it he has the cars and when ever he feels good and ready he may bring them out so the public can once again see them.

28. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Back again from the dead...anyone have any new inof on this vsr or possible resto????

Mr. Street are you out there???

29. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Wow, how I missed that I dont know....great stuff...so how was the kookie car and what are the plans if any