Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Absaroka State Takeover, Wy,MT,SD,Co,ND,ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, May 16, 2010.

1. Calling all Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Idaho, and everyone else, with a traditional hot rod sensability to join us for...

[​IMG]

In 1939 a man by the name of J.R. Swickard lead a charge to form a new State by hacking off parts of Wyo, Mt, and SD and reclaiming the old Indian land of Absaroka as the 49th State! They went as far as making license plates and crowning a Miss Absaroka... So we honor that rebellious spirit and invite you to The Absaroka State Takeover Traditional Hot Rod & Kustom Gathering.

Here's The Scoop.
    Pre-65 Traditional Hot Rods & Kustoms. Bikes By Approval
    $25 Registration Fee gets you Car entry, Hog Roast Meal Tickets for Two, Event Participant T-shirt, and Other T.B.A. stuff.
    All Vehicles have to be PreApproved for entry... HAMB Friendly Only.
    Event Starts Saturday Aug 21st, 2010, at 2p.m. to 11.p.m.
    Cars & Participant need to be at the Bozemen Trail Inn before 2p.m. for Parking
    Judging and Awards will be given before 6p.m.
    Live Music Starts Around 6p.m. (Band T.B.A.)
    We are working on a drink special (possibly $1 PBRs on tap)
    Preregistration ends July 31st.
    Other Information I will add to this post as needed.
    Contact me as well for more Details.

(yeah I know its the same day as the HAMB drags :(,)

[email protected]
    or PM me on the HAMB for Registration Form and Info

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. Absaroka, Nice man! As a Student of upper Plains History that rocks!

3. Man, I want one of those license plates!

4. Those plates are impossible to find... my Bro has one and its mighty valuable.

5. Heck ya, it felt like that right choice.

You gunna make it over for it Tman?

6. [​IMG]

Just for some background... here is the original hand drawn Proposed map...

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Same weekend as the Gunnison (CO) Show as well...

R-

8. Yeah, I had to look at the region... the weekend after (not that its even worth it) is Kool Deadwood Nights, and the weekend before... Sturgis.

9. dsr_54

dsr_54

Just noticed something. There would have been two towns named Buffalo, Absaroka.
    [​IMG]

10. Maybe thats why it failed... you just can't have two Buffalos

11. 61bone

61bone

Isn't two buffalos buffeli?

12. Doll Kustom

Doll Kustom

Hey everybody. Stutz has put in a lot of brainstorming time and effort into this show. you all know first year shows are hard to do. come support him and his buddies putting this thing together. get your heap back in the garage, lube it up, change the oil, throw on a new set of tires, and HIT THE ROAD!
    either that. or be trampeled by "buffeli" xoxo

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

WISH I was even that close...went to pick up the car on Saturday and ended up damaging a hood corner...couldn't get it to fit...damn...!!! Now it's more body work and primer...one of these days it'll get painted...

Want to see it, go here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

R-

14. Hey if you havent check out Rogers Build thread its awesome

15. Big Dad

Big Dad

I had forgot all about this since my country school days !

16. Thanks Doll... I hope to see everyone who can come there.

17. Dude, I'd love to make it .......but that's like 600 miles for me. Sounds like fun though, how soon do you need a head count? Pre- registration only or can we just show up? Might be a last minute thing for me...

18. The preregistration is so we get a grasp on the number of cars, and participant Shirts, ect.... the location (cool as it is) is only lending so much space that we can control to keep the cars together. If you just show up, you never know, things can be worked out. And it would be worth it even if you didnt enter your car. If more cars show up, we do have alot of space to put them.

19. Sorry man, gotta choose my time off wisely this year. Bonneville is taking some and our alternating schedule has me working that weekend.

20. Bummer, send the rest of them Sodaks over.

21. Anyone planning on coming yet?

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Give it a week or two Stutz...no one makes up their minds that fast...you just announced it yesterday...!!!

R-

23. dsr_54

dsr_54

Also would have had a Hot Springs National Park ( Thermopolis) , and a town Hot Springs (SD) man this would have been confusing.......................

24. [​IMG]

I took a picture of a Absaroka plate today, when I was in Gillette to see my brother. Short trip to drop some stuff off, but I am glad I remembered to get a photo

25. 6inarow

6inarow

Now that is cool

I need one

26. Dan

Dan

gonna do my best to make it, thanks for the time and effort getting this thing going...

27. erock805

erock805

It looks like the took the best parts of wyo and sd....

28. dsr_54

dsr_54

The plate is sweet Stutz. Is you brother going to bring it to the show? Just the history behind the name is cool.

29. Yeah, I'm sure he will. He'll prolly bring a shit load of plates.