Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins of Steel-the new Detroit area show June 5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustom66cat, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I'll be there, with some of my Pinstriper friends.

2. springer

springer

I know the site said there will be a model contest, but will it be canceled before I get there like Billitproof ? I had been looking forward to the show and model contest for months and when I got there they said there was not enough interest in the model contest so they did not even set up for it. I want to see tables and tables full of models when I get to Sins of Steel.

3. Detroit Poor Boy's Tim and Bobby are die hard Model guys ( they have model rooms in their homes !!) There will always be a model contest as long as the those 2 are involved. Look forward to seeing you there with some of your creations. If you got any other builders you know let em know and tell to come out to the show. Thanks for your support

4. I sent a PM with this question but thought it good to ask here as well. Thwe Flyer states that pre redistration needs to be in by may 12th BUT the registeration form states by may 25th. I want to sent it in but want to know if it will be processed...Check and form are ready for the mail

Tim

5. GET THAT BAD BOY IN THE MAIL!!! I just checked the entry form and it says by the 25th of May

$20.00 before May 25th - $25.00 at the gate

Send your $$$ to

Sins of Steel
    5845 Dixie Hwy
    Clarkston , Mi, 48346

Short trip in the little white Jeep from Ypsi to Clarkston. See you there. Thanks

6. envelope sealed and headed your way

Thanks for the quick response

Tim

7. Just got off the phone with Tim and not only will there be a Model Contest but for the first time ever in Davisburg a Model Car Swap Meet. Jimmy Flintsone is making the trip and Tim has some serious vintage sellers coming to the show. Hell I might have to bust out the Testors for this gig.:D

8. resinjeff

resinjeff
    from detroit

model swapmeet? any info on that as far as vendors go?...

9. I'll have to bring extra cash now.

10. TIm invited them at the Macomb model swap and that promoter has also invited some swappers. Macomb is good , so this should be too!

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  11. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

If we registered on line will we be recieving an email to confirm it?

12. I don't know the answer off the top off my head. I will get one for ya though. Hold Tight and thanks for making the trip out.

13. You will get your info packet in the mail. Thanks again , let's all pray for weather like we had last year!!!!

14. springer

springer

I was at that show, there was a lot of nice stuff there. Unfortunately I brought my three year old with me and he wanted to go home after about 15 minutes so I never really got to get a good look at the swap meet stuff. This is sounding like it will be an awesome show.

15. We are doing everything we can to make this show a great for everyone. Davisburg last year was the biggest as far as car count goes, so far this year pre-reg is up on the car side and we have added several new " attractions" to the show. All of us local guys putting this show together appreciate the support and hope you all have a great time this year at Sins of Steel. See you all there!!!!!!!!!!

16. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Less than two weeks!!!

17. Sins of Steel Pre Party Friday June 4th Sylvan Lanes in W. Bloomfield come out to see the musical stylings of everybodys favorite local Roots Rockers, the guys that have entertained us all in the basement at Autorama year after year the Twistin Tarantulas. Come out and support some local music, bowl a few rounds, have a couple drinks and check out some hot rods and kustoms. Less than 2 weeks!!!! kick it up to the top if you will be there!! See Ya

18. dart165

dart165

sweet! that's basically in my back yard! Just sent in my vendor check for the show. i guess I'll see everyone Friday!

19. Just checked the weather. Looks like 73 and sunshine for Firday the 4th. Lets hope for the same Saturday.

20. 10 day forecast calling for 73 degrees am clouds pm sun 20% cahnce of rain. Perfect weather for a car show!!!!!!!! If this holds out the weather will be better than last year. There was a meeting on Tuesday and we made some changes. The first is if you Pre Reg'd you will drive right in, those that didnt wait in line. So bring your stuff with you. We are moving the Swap Meet near the general parking. We are looking for more room to park cars this year. If you are into it check the FaceBook page for the latest news. See you all in a little over a week.

21. 7:30 am Gates open for Vendors, Swappers, Pinstripers, Model Car swappers, 9:00 am for Cars , 10:00 for Spectators. See you there!!!

22. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

The swap meet this year will be in the grass where the spectator parking is. We will be using some of the spectator parking area and the vendor row will spill off of that. The dirt will be where the show is as well as the grass to the right off the barns. The panel jam will be in it's same location.

23. hotrodgary

hotrodgary

Is there a separate area for the "shiney-blingy" old cars?... ie my car? lol. JK I know it goes in the spectator lot!!
    I will be there though!
    -Gary

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Gary, I will smash your headlights with a ball-peen hammer if you try to get in.......ha ha ha! See everyone there!

25. Gator

Gator

I can't make any promises but IF I get the steering on my '55 sorted out next week I'm gonna try and make it.

26. We will have a spot all set up for ya and lots of Detroit Hospitality. Would love to have ya make it up.