Register now to get rid of these ads!

C9 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retorq, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I know..its got to be tuff.

I lost my Grandpa a while back..The last surviving member of my grandparents..He was a WW2 vet and the service was very moving 21 gun salute and all..Its carved into my memory for life..and so is he. And another reason why i fight so hard for all our freedoms.

Jay was kind soul..and thats hard to do without

2. His wife has been posting with his log in as well.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone

I will miss reading C9's posts on the HAMB, they were always both informative and enjoyable reads.

Very sorry for the loss to those that knew and loved him.

CT

4. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I missed the note of Jays passing, he was right to help me when I broke down in Kingman, by the help of hotrodladycrusr Denise... Jay was right there, was great to meet a very kind man, and a real hot rodder. God Speed and may God bless his family
    racinman Rick

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh man, I had no idea, I loved reading his stories. He was unique, I'm gonna really miss him.

6. atch

atch

I hope you guys all saw the editorial in the latest issue of Kar Kulture Deluxe (at least I think that's where I saw it).

7. wow...i`ve only just seen this...what a great guy jay was...his writing/story telling was second to none...i read his red roadster novel a few weeks ago...

8. nexxussian

nexxussian

CRAAAPPP!!!!

Color me late, just read about this in a magazine.

I will certainly miss seeing him post.

Asked him for some pearls of wisdom over the years (via PM) he always replied thoughtfully.

9. fuel

fuel

This is the first I've heard about this as well. I was wondering why I hadn't seen a post from him on the Chip Maker's social group in a while. My deepest condolences to his family. R.I.P.

10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I was out of town when this happened, I just found out when someone posted RIP C9. I'm stunned. I never met him, but man did he know a lot of stuff and was generous in sharing it! I was always stoked when he replied to a thread I started, because if he posted then you knew you were being taken seriously, and were getting an answer you could take to the bank.

I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

He really touched a lot of people.

11. It was Traditional Rod and Kulture, as in Zombie"s excellant mag.;)

12. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Missed a few weeks here and there on the HAMB and didn't know this....Jay helped me quite a bit with my roadster build, and always had positive constructive comments...I never got to meet face to face but considered him a friend and mentor..

13. Jay used C9 as a shortened handle for his last name Carnine.
    I still feel the loss of my terrific friend, Jay, so many months later.
    He's greatly missed by all of us.

His Doofus and Whiny story was like no other gear head book I ever read.
    California Hot Rodder is another one well worth reading.

14. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Sad to hear of his passing.. RIP

15. 1Bad67

1Bad67

At work we rate past engineers by how long drawings with their initials are used after they are gone.

C9 would be one of the greats.

16. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I am still learning from Jay. I hit on one of his threads last week. Good to have so much preserved in the HAMB.

17. So true. Always looked forward to a couple or five well thought out, concise paragraphs answering some Tech question.

18. got a call from a freind last night.he was having a problem with his hot rod and wanted to tweak my brain and see if I could help him out.after some ideas I mentioned I had a bunch of saved info from posts on the H.A.M.B.

Well,guess who had the answer for my pal and I.Mr C9.it came as no suprise.then I realized just how many C9 saved topics and posts I have,WOW.

thank you C9.I never had the pleasure and privilege of personally meeting you.but you continue to enrich and teach people with your knowledge and experience.God bless and God speed.

thank you.......

a grateful brother of the road :)

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think Jay would be pleased to know how many of us he has touched with his writing and just from the kind of person he was in general.

He is living on through us.

Would be nice if somehow he had some knowledge of his legacy back here in the land of the living.

God bless you and keep you Jay.