Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are there any chrome shops in the Seattle or Bellingham Washington area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrhotwheels, Jan 31, 2010.

1. mrhotwheels

mrhotwheels

I haven't been able to find any chrome shops in my area and am hoping to see if ya'll know of any around that are reasonable in price. I am not looking for show quality chrome, just a good job that won't flake away after a year.:D

2. narlee

narlee

Haven't had any chrome work in a while. Art Brass had a good reputation but I think they are spendy. I think it's all pretty spendy anymore.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Queen City Plating in Mukilteo spendy but the best
    EFS? in Port Orchard, ma & pa shop, very nice quality and fair prices

4. rustdodger

rustdodger

I'm not sure if things have changed but years ago it was said to be much cheaper to have plating done in the lower mainland BC.

5. You could try Specialty Plating in Mt Vernon. (360) 336-2355.

You'll want to talk to Forrest. He moved his plating business from Whidbey a few years ago...

They've got both of my bumpers in for plating right now...

6. VenturaMotors

VenturaMotors

EFS plating does great work.Nice people and great quality.

7. forty1

forty1

Like he said,,
    EFS Plating Co. 8320-A Barney White Rd. SW., Port Orchard , Wa 360-674-3825,
    Good people, great work,
    -41-

8. elvi411

elvi411

Big d's custom crome send it to mexico! 1/4 the price

9. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Try Lynnwood Plating. They're north of Seattle. Haven't had any contact with them in years, but back when I worked in a body shop, they did all our bumpers, and did a good job.

10. 53PlymCran

53PlymCran

If your looking to get smaller parts done, trim and what-not (instead of bumpers and grills) you could also look into taking the pieces to a gun refinisher. They're used to working on small parts and doing detailed work.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm gunna kick this back up and ask how everything worked out, i'm looking at getting some polish and mabey the start of my chromed stuff for my model t done in the near future

12. Superior Plating in Cloverdale (Surrey) B.C. 15 minutes north of the truck border crossing in Blaine, Wa.

13. Shag - Specialty Plating did a nice job on my chrome stuff, they just take a long time.

14. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

What he said. back when cars had chrome bumpers they were the best. I talked to the daughter of the owner recently, and they're still up and running. they specialize in restoration work also.

15. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Ok. Ive been to EFS twice. It looked amazing but they literally used a ton of copper.so much i couldnt get my throttle on a motorcycle handlebar, and they polished the inside of a bearing race on a spool hub.i had to remachine the whole hub for bigger OD bearings.the time before...no problems.
    The last two times i used don at american plating in centralia.he was honest fast and very reasonable price wise. He has a location in seattle too. Using them again soon.

16. caseyrod

caseyrod

chrome plating its becoming expensive&hard to find.it would be nice to have a list off reputable shops in the US permanently post it in this site for the benefit of all of us.

17. pappawheelie

pappawheelie
    from everett

Lynnwood plating hasn't been around for years. Art Brass' Quality has slipped alot, but the prices remain. I know nothing about EFS. Specialty plating always does a nice job, but hes a one man show, so patience is key. His prices are fair. Queen city does beautiful work, but be prparedfor the price, it reflects the quality. The Mexi chromers do a great job, if youre going to sell the car or aren't asking for detail work. You get what you pay for!.