Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Michigan 2010 - May 15, 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Apr 13, 2010.

1. I'm here and was wondering if I missed the memo about the Hamb meet and greet?!? Is there one?Stop by my copper and white 54 Ford and say hi. I'm on the riverfront by the pavilion.
    Dave

2. springer

springer

what happened to the Model contest ? I drove for two hours to the show and then was told you were not going to have it. I called Shaggy the day before and he didn't have any info and said he would call back. He didn't call back, I figured he was just to busy. I worked on stuff all week to get it ready for nothing. I am not happy. I didn't even enjoy the rest of the show because I was so pissed . There needs to be a pre-registration for the model contest. That way you could let people know in advance if there is not enough interest in it and it is going to be canceled.

3. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Just got home from the show. Had a great time, very nice weather and a great turn out at the show. Saw quite a few very nice cars. The Cafe' racer shop in Deopt Town was cool to. Some neat bikes for sure! Here are some pictures I took for those that couldn't make it.

Picture out the back of the wagon of Brad (R1Fighter), Matt (JustMatt), and thier buddy Mike on the way down to Ypsi
    [​IMG]

Lined up
    [​IMG]

the setup at the park
    [​IMG]

view back toward the entrance
    [​IMG]

to the side
    [​IMG]

to the back
    [​IMG]

4. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

really dug this 32

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

LOVED this Buick!!

[​IMG]

quirky but cool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very cool roof on this gold chevy
    [​IMG]

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

More

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Awesome A, loved the color on the wheels and intake manifold!

[​IMG]

Yes it is an awesome color in person...
    [​IMG]

Pavillion where the bands played, these guys were good!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Dug the Divco!

[​IMG]

who let this in I'll never know:p
    [​IMG]

Pretty cool to see in person
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

crescent wrench shifter!
    [​IMG]

Some of Dave's work

[​IMG]

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

nice roadster..
    [​IMG]

singlefinger
    [​IMG]

Shiny!
    [​IMG]

It ain't a party without the Sha-booms :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

cool truck,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

really cool truck

[​IMG]

Roadstar's car, sorry I missed you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The End!
    (My boy Garett and Matt's girl Elayna in the back of the wagon:D)
    [​IMG]

10. hippie6

hippie6

Hey Springer, I hear ya on the model contest, what a bummer, I know a couple of other people that brought models too. Some cool pics from the show but...... I guess I'm gonna be the first one to say it so here it goes.
    What was with all the fluffmobiles!! When the wife and I left around 3 at the front entrance was a tri5 chevy that might as well been carved out of a GIANT piece of billet. Everything under the hood was billet or chrome. And this wasn't the only one. In my opinion 30%-40% of the cars there didn't belong. The '67ish vette at a billetproof show??? Really?? I don't think the public even understood the concept, but atleast the Ford Lightening and Duster were turned away at the gate.
    I'm sure some of you will disagree but next year I'm just gonna save my money and go to Davisburg, instead of the regular car show with the funny name.

I might try to post some pics later.

11. We had a great time! Aaron, it was really nice to meet you and your family.

Man, I thought I had a few more years before I had to start worrying about this....;)
    [​IMG]

12. Choptop

Choptop

seriously? 30%-40%? So there were 100-150 cars that should have been there? come on.

The tri-5 chevy at the gate snuck in after we closed the gate. Happens every year, always will.

please refer to previous years post I've made when people have complained about cars that didnt belong at Billetproof Detroit.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  13. lowongas

lowongas

This was my 3rd show and all I can say...IT F*CKING rocked..!!! The location was the most perfect place to be.!! Had a AWESOME time and met some more people from the HAMB.You know something about you whiners...? Want some cheese with that whine..?? Good lord man,cant you just enjoy and have a good time..?!?!? So some cars were that that didnt belong...?? Can you honestly tell me that EVERY car show you go to has the correct car there..??!! ENJOY yourselves...good weather..great friends...CANT WAIT until next year..!!

14. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Great show today. Had a good time once the shoes dried off.

See you all there next year:D

15. And the 2 Sha Booms should not have been there either, even if they were in the "special' display area. They do not represent what the show is about.

16. Choptop

Choptop

you are correct, they should not have been in the show. Bob Fryz was originally going to bring the Golden Sahara, but when he went to drive it this morning the brake pedal went to the floor, so he brought Shaboom instead. He also brought a Barris custom. We bit the bullet and let him bring it in. It was a judgment call. Shaboom was definitely off topic for the show.

17. I didnt have a car ready so I rode with a friend and his dad followed in a '67 Ford, my friend asked the lady at the "gate" where his dad should park since his cars too new for this show and she told him that he could come in..and I agree I saw a few of cars that didnt meet the criteria

but that being said, it didnt bug me..I had a great time, I liked the location and I met quite a few HAMB guys that I havent met before..I think it was a good show and hope everyone had fun, cant wait until next year when I can actually bring my own car!

18. Never2low

Never2low

I really liked the location, and the surronding area. The Hudson museum was cool as hell, even after I realized I had Dairy Queen on my cheek and chin:eek:. I was suprised to see some OT cars, sad to see so many ratrods. Picked up a shirt and a sunburn, plus a nearly perfect Olds sombrero hubcap for five bucks!:eek: All in all I had a great time. And the bands kicked ass!

19. I believe that I spoke to you caring the hubcap. Small ding in the edge right??? Great price! we were the ones offering to buy it...

moose

20. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks for the pics, Aaron. Looked kind of like the park at Fmuth. I like that. We ended up shearing 10 goats and 1 sheep (sheep are all done now, 21 goats to go!) On the other hand, as a deal with Courtland, we finished up around 6 and then worked on his seat belts in his truck until almost 9 tonight. A few modifications and we'll have that task complete so we can move on to his exhaust! He'll be driving it on his own with real license plates next Michigan BP!

21. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

You wont have to wait till next year, come out June 5th that is when we will have sins of steel at the Davisburg location. I am sorry you had a bad time at the show. You have to realize you cannot please everyone all the time. These type shows are very difficult to put on. It takes alot of time and effort to do it right and that has a lot to do with the participants as well as the staff. Alan has a great name with Billet proof now he just has to fine tune it towards his new location and new crowd. We spent a lot of time and planning to make our show what it has become so give Alan a chance to see what he can do on his own.

22. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

Well this was my first Billetproof show, brought the Willys down for the special display. My wife, son and myself had a great time. I thought it was a great show. Saw a bunch of old friends, and met a few more. Good car count, great attendance, and we even sold pretty good in the swap meet. Thanks for havin us Alan.

23. great weather, un-beliveable location!!! drove my dd cherokee up and walked in...i made a loop around the area with Randy and Jocko...forgot to pick up another carb:( for $10 for my 48 cj2a.....grabed a dog and a coke to help support the food vendors...walked with Martin for a bit , nice car big guy!!,.....heard the first band do a bit of music and split about 1:00.......went back home to my garage and Lil Beast .............getting harder to hang out around all the cars when i got too much to do on the topo.. . turned off the mig and locked the garage about 1:00 am...

24. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

What a great weekend! Alan and Melissa out did themselves putting on a great show. It had everything-great cars, great music, great people and lots of good times. Can't wait until next year.

25. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

I had a great time as well. Thought the venue was awesome (althought a little further from my house than the old location). I think the folks that put it together did a great job and I hope to see it continue.

Thanks again.

Mike

26. F1 Flathead

F1 Flathead
    from Michigan

Was there with my roadster. Had a great time. I love that location because of the shade and interesting layout. This was my cars first trip of any length (30 miles) and it performed well. Only had to change the coil once on the way home. I enjoyed talking to the specators and car owners. Even picked up a decent Stewart Warner 5 hole gauge panel for cheap. I hope you do it again next year!
    Dan

27. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

haha nice turn out alen that's what happens when you shit were you eat hope you have a good flight home

28. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

I'm glad i took this year off , Looks from the pictures like Billetproof is the Walmart of car shows now. It served a purpose at the start just like punk rock did, then the rich guys buy in and it turns in to the Warped Tour... just not my gig.

Keep it Local!

29. Choptop

Choptop

what happens? You put a nice car show with significant Detroit are hot rods and customs that people enjoy?

seriously, if you want to chat about this instead of posting insults on the internet I'm in town for a couple of days, lets meet up and talk. Call me 916-207-4645

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  30. Choptop

Choptop

Now available exclusively at WalMart :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010