Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I wish I was going with you.

2. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Come on Nads! We can stop on the way and pick up WhiteDevil to, make a week of it!

3. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

I wish I could make it have a safe trip!!!

4. Albie

Albie

This is just crazy. Your on a whole other level man. Enjoy the drive!

5. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys, Isaac, you sure you can't make it?

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I made it! Holy crap that was a long drive!! See yall in the morning, I'm going to sleep!

7. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

I WISH! Glad you made it safe turkey

8. Turkey, Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to document your amazing build. The detail was perfect, and the whole package is perfect.

9. daddio211

daddio211

Hey Turkey, now that you've put some miles on the car; looking back on all of the work, was it worth it to build a glass car or would you have rather done steel? I know you said early on that the $20K price difference made the decision easy, but would you do it again?

I dig the car and have NO problem with glass! Just wondering if the labor (of love) was worth the savings in the long run?

And where the hell is our burnout video??? :)

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I will post a burn out, promise. Would I do it again? No, not a glass car. I don't care for the itch, but I did have fun doing it. I spent more money on the glass body, way more. If you add in the time and labor I could have bought two steel bodies. I put my heart and soul into this build and would not change a thing. I learned more than I could ever tell you and the finished product is far more than I ever imagined it would be. I pinch myself ever time I take it for a spin and it makes me smile til it hurts. I still drive it as hard as I can and have it side ways in every turn! I love this car!!

11. daddio211

daddio211

Too cool man! That's what I was expecting to hear, LOL!

12. shainerman

shainerman

this thread makes me want flip my desk over at work, walk out, and tear my whole car apart and start fresh! Fucking incredible, just read the whole thing

13. daddio211

daddio211

Well DAMN, I want YOUR job! Paid to sit and read 54 pages on the HAMB? What a cool (or oblivious) boss you have! LMAO!

14. eeluddy

eeluddy

I traded a 80 Corvette for a 29 Model A Shay replica years ago and had to sell it to pay bills. This is what I always wanted to do with it if I had the time & dough. Great car! I love fiberglass again!

15. Chris VCR

Chris VCR

Amazing... I just finished this post and I am blown away. I am going to have to go back to the garage, take apart the stuff on my car that I just cleaned up and put back together and clean it up more. I feel like a slacker now! Great build and you have a new fan.

16. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

17. barnfind08

barnfind08
    from minnesota

Saw the car at Garlits. It looks even better in person and you are a great guy also> Took the time to talk and answer some questions. Congratulations.

18. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Very cool cat with an awesome car!

19. RamblerClassic

RamblerClassic

That is so adorable it is unbelievable.

Wish I would work im my fathers car when I was that little.

20. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

I watched this from the begining but missed it's ending. Just wanted to bump for the ones who did the same and the new members who may have missed it all together.
    DD

21. moter

moter

I got to see the car in person at the Round Up this year....very nice!! Pictures do not do it justice

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  22. dlotraf

dlotraf

Nice looking build. will follow this one thru, just started reading this thread, but thought I just had to comment on this post. Original steel, and original hot rods definately are super cool. But so are the other ones. And even if it's a steel Brookville, or a new construction of a period hot rod, doesn't that make them fakes too????????? I don't care. But those snooty ones sure do. Even though some have copied old builds or bought that Brookville body. Anyway super build. :D

23. Roughneck Josh

Roughneck Josh

I LOVE THIS CAR!! Great job keep it up!

24. dragster dude

dragster dude

what he said:D

25. gsport

gsport

wow, what a build.... they could make a movie out of this.

26. austin514

austin514

nice build ! i`m wanting to do some of the same mod`s to my glass car in the future .thanks for posting up your work there a lot of good info .

Attached Files:

27. Brahm

Brahm

great build thread man, you nailed it!

28. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thanks guys! I am working everyday now cutting lawns and sure miss working on the coupe, posting pictures and talking with all of you. I have not had the car out in weeks and miss it. Just today I was in the shop getting ready to sharpen blades for the mowers and decided to move the old girl out of the shop and into the sun. After I fired her up I could feel her wanting to scream down the street, I couldn't let her down. Damn I love this car!!

29. That's all it takes, once you fire her up you better be ready to roll lol. I got your pm BTW. Tell momma we said hi.
    Now, Get back to work.

30. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I just washed off the dust, guna take her to cruise night. Been way too long. I miss you guys....
    Need to start another build this winter.