Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown '10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cosmo49, Mar 18, 2010.

1. What time do the gates open on Saturday?

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I think 10am is a good time and please push your car in from the road so as not to wake the sleeping, hungover campers on your way to the infield. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter. :D

3. We will not disturb a single sole ............... Until Clark starts digging through are Swap Meet stuff. He might get a little excited!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I call first DIBS on all the stainless and tail lights!! please!!!;)

5. retro54

retro54
    from PA

I bet the infield is filled up by 10-11am this year... hahahaha... I'm joking, but who knows?

6. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Got the camper on the truck and I'm ready to go.No car this year,just a camper full of parts and beer.I'll be there Friday afternoon.Sounds like good weather Saturday.Hopefully tomorrow will turn out good also.See you there.

Attached Files:

7. I have no stainless, but I did pickup a set of '40 ford tail lights last week. Let me know, an I'll put them aside.

Jay

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Just brought my Mom home from the hospital. She knew how much the Showdown means to us and told the nurses to take her off the Morphine and pull the catheter so she could roll. God bless her........ now if I can just keep out of the woods.

9. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

I know what you're dealing with. Two people and gear for a couple days doesn't leave much room for anything else. Here's a picture from last year. Luckily I only have about a 200 mile trip. I'll be heading out sometime tomorrow.

Attached Files:

10. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Gotta' keep the streak going, been there since #1. Flamed Coupe and I pulled our campers up yesterday and will be there for the Friday night shindig. Can't wait for another year of mud, fun and whatever floats your ...

11. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

just spotted JR heading out 194 toward abbotstown, maybe picking up swap meet stash ? i'm going to the garage to give the 32 one last chance to back out,because sat morning she gets on the road to the showdown for the first time,i can't wait!!!!!

12. Clark

Clark

Redz....how many boards do you have strapped to the roof? :)
    Clark

13. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

if the white wash dries and i don't need them for fire wood at the bluegrass festival icould have enough for the exit of turn 4 SO LOOK OUT !!!!!

14. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

all gassed up and ready to roll

15. Wish I was making this one, I will be there in spirit though.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looking more for 60-61 Imperial ones, something spaceage looking. Thanks anyway.

17. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

rain or shine, i'm gettin on the highway around 5 tomorrow. with about 6 other goons a little behind. lookin foreward to seein old friends, settin up our compound,campin, and havin a good old hot roddin time. might even take my 56 out for a little dirt action. see ya'll there

18. synthsis

synthsis

just figured I'd bring this up from a couple pages back. Any takers?

19. playtag

playtag

I plan on loading up the truck in the morning and heading up,Debatting bring the "A" fenders.I am bring some chrome,tail lights,glass lenses,some flathead stuff.Still digging through.Any anglia fans coming might even throw some of that stuff in.Really looking forward to this! Wishing everyone a safe trip and happy motoring!

20. Once again, we're bringin' the nephews so we can continue our streak as "favorite aunt-n-uncle!" The rocket ride usually clinches our victory.

21. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

Showdown or bust:

I'm thrashing to get my roadster back together, freaking Mig welder ran out of wire last night......... never happens at a good time (and of course i don't have a spare spool)....

I'll be wrenching tonight and tomorrow morning, i do plan to be there again this year.....(i guess i could drive it without an exhaust system)

any other last minute late night wrenching going on?

22. noboD

noboD

Yes, I'm planning to debut the noboD speshul. Have some issues to take care of tonight.

23. putting head collector gaskets in the 59 el camino,and fixing the hood release i fucked up,Oh and giving the ole girl a bath

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  24. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last bump before I leave at 9 AM to head to the showdown......................:D

25. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Doug... really? can't wait to see it... we are all leaving Zach's about 7:30 am. I will PM you with my number in case you would like to meet up.

26. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

HOLY CRAP!
    Damn...and here I thought I was creative....;)

Maybe one day I'll step up to that...

We're on the road around 3, or 4...

27. Oh man! Was just lettering the car when a buddy noticed I had slipt my belt, we then saw that my bottom crank pulley busted. Fugg!

Anyone going to the Showdown that may have a spare " Model A" crank pulley? I must have did it last night when I went for a short run, luckily it was short and didn't over heat.

I also dropped my phone at my buddies house while hooking his trailer up to my truck this morning, think it is in his yard. So I can't call all my local buddies with A& B stuff. Going to go get it now.

Also just gave all my spare banger motors away to clean this yard up... DAMN!

Thanks for any help! See ya at the show!

28. evol55

evol55

I will be there but without a car this year. The engine, 4 speed and power steering install did not go as planed.

29. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Dirtyest...I can probably bring a good crank pulley, you just need to get me a good original one in the future...
    I gave my good one to Suhr when his broke, he sent me a replacement, will bring you the replace ment (if I can find it tonight), you gotta replace that...will keep it up until I've had a pulley on every damn banger in the HAMB, I guess.