Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown '10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cosmo49, Mar 18, 2010.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

You can pick up a schedule at the museum.

2. Clark:

As always, you get 1st pick! And the best way to insure you get 1st choice is to reserve us a Swap Meet spot near your infield encampment!

Can you guys scope us out a "Dry Spot" to setup our tables? Last year, I had to change my socks three times:eek:

Keep an eye out for Alan's, Big Blue, Four Door, Ford Pickup. It will be loaded to the top and very Heavy. So, we need High Land!

Just waive us over to where you want us. Hell, you can even help us setup!

See ya Saturday!

Jay

3. synthsis

synthsis

Gettin some new tires for the Scotty camper this week to be safe. Who woulda thought trailer tires are so damned expensive?!?!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So....that must mean you got someone to watch your dogs over night or are they gonna be pooping in the Scotty with you??:eek:

5. synthsis

synthsis

No comment. I've been sworn to level 10 secrecy. :cool:

6. rodknocker

rodknocker

Denise, I wasn't planning on bringing anything, but if you're interested, I'll throw them in the back.I think they are 58 pontiac? they are about 71" and 8" wide at the spear.They have a few small dings but nothing major.I'd like to get $40, but cookies talk:D Let me know. Not trying to sell stuff here mods, but I can't figure out how to post pics in a private message.

Attached Files:

• trim.jpg
      trim.jpg
      File size:
      486.2 KB
      Views:
  7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

PLEASE bring those! I LOVE them! They will look so cool around one of the kitchen windows. I WILL have cookies with me with your name on them to barter AND cash if necessary....... your first cookie taste is free. ;):D

8. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

THank you sir, will do.

9. synthsis

synthsis

I've got a proposal for someone who's coming from the great state of Maryland. I love me some Natty Boh, but it's kinda hard to get up here in South Jersey. Maybe someone can pick me up a case and I can bring them a case of something they like in exchange? If you're in PM me.

10. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

This is certain... A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

11. Spike!

Spike!

I'm not going. Doesn't sound like a fun time. Plus, I have a hair appointment that day..again.

Spike

12. synthsis

synthsis

there aren't enough hair appts in the world to make you pretty. but secretly you already knew that.

13. Spike!

Spike!

It doesn't stop me from trying.

14. Hey guys I'm a jalopy showdown virgin. Can I take my 51 coe around the track? Cant wait to get there. A bunch of us are convoying down friday at high noon and stayin till sunday.

Attached Files:

15. synthsis

synthsis

dude. that COE rules. Can't wait to see it on the dirt.

16. Thanks man. I cant wait to do a lap or two. Any other COE trucks goin?

17. I so cant wait to blast flt-blks el camino around the track!..just cant get it muddy :(

18. Brian C

Brian C

This nice rig was there last year. From talking with them it sounds like they're coming back again.

Beautiful truck and car

[​IMG]

19. To whom it may concern???

So, I really had counted myself out for the Showdown... my gal had our 1st baby on Wednesday. Wahoooo!!! Car is in the upolstry shop as i work on it every Sat with the upolstry shop owner. So my plan was to finish the top this Sat. and miss the Showdown once again as I need to stay close to home to help my gal and be with my boy.

But since I've been such a good Dad... Mom is giving me a pass for the day. A brief day, but good enough for me. I only wanna take the three hour ride up, and three hour ride back, if I could run it around the track. I'm not going to get out much this summer, so love to see some friends!

Is it too late for a banger powered three two??? I know it is a lot to ask... love to run her if I could? Can't stay long... and I would have to trailer up and back as I have a short time frame, ... and the car has only been an hour from home under it's own power so far. Sorry, I despise hot rods on trailers. Thanks for any info, and I totally understand if I'm too late.

Attached Files:

20. Oh, and don't look at my wheelwells! Didn't get there yet. hahahaaa...

21. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Ahh my first year going I am so excited. The sad part is taking my motorcycle and not the truck. So bearded guy with tattoo's on a red harley sportster is me say hi. I will be with the richmond guys.

22. Is tyler coming??

tok

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm out. Money issue came up and I'm not coming. Have fun everyone!

24. not this year :(

25. Do you have any idea how hard it is to put 4 days worth of clothes, tent, sleeping bag, pillow, folding chair, snacks, tools, and 6'2 255 lb guy in a T-Bucket!? If you see me driving, don't laugh!

26. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Ha! Yeah..., I do...well, in a Model A coupe, anyway...pretty impossible either way!
    Gonna be easier this year, for sure, in the Ranchero!
    Hell, it IS my tent.

27. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I am coming on a motorcycle so you know I am packing super light.

28. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Nice ride.

No pre-registration this year, just pay your $10 and you're in. You've gotta go to the Driver's Meeting, then line up for track time when the time comes.

As for the trailer, you'd be best to unload somewhere other than the entrance way, maybe up at the Museum?

Congrats on being a new Baby Daddy!

29. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Mark-
    Here's the setup that you need for your Ranchero-

Attached Files:

30. timmy25252

timmy25252

Looks like I will be making my first voyage out to the showdown but just for saturday....