Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's got the coolest shift knob?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Where can I get one of those sugar skull shift knobs?

2. JAWS

JAWS

This is on my bike.

[​IMG]

3. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Nice pewter knob

Attached Files:

4. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2010
    hipster likes this.
  5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I love that white one....

6. Ghastly,
    If you're referring to the sugar skulls in my opening thread, we'll have them
    at the Lone Star Round Up this weekend. Lot of different colors and styles. You'll also find them on the HotRodShiftKnob.com, thanks.

7. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

One of a kind "Frankenskull"

Attached Files:

8. themachine

themachine

that old microphone is awesome

9. 50merc808

50merc808

Definately not the coolest here but here's the one i just switched to . i was using a 30mm round ,but was making me nervous my daughter or wife was gonna get impailed if something were to happen. The hook on the top also makes a good hat hanger.

Attached Files:

10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I'll throw my hand in. This is a one off made piece machined out of 1" thick aluminum,designed by myself to the exact dimensions of a real pair except for thickness with machined speed holes to lighten it a little more (Needed enough meat to make a mounting post off of the end that could be tapped and drilled). Made with a flat section on the mounting post that can be tapped for a set screw(Don't want anyone stealing it):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice job on the knuckle duster would make a cool kick pedal for a bike also

12. Well I told myself I'd contribute something more if it was brought to the top again. This is our small case. Has from R to L Top: Some kind of gorgeous rock, Green w/ Gold Flake only on top, Regular Daka-Ware, Blue Swirl Marble Type. Second Shelf: Cal Custom "El Toro", Eelco, Cal Custom "El Toro" (The El Toro's are original but there is some guy repopping but they aren't as heavy or feel as good). Bottom: Eelco Foot, Mr Gasket Chrome Hex "T", Eelco Foot.

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG]Here is mine it may not be as cool as some of those posted, but it is one of custom Have a Great Day! Jim

Fabulous50's likes this.
  14. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

heres mine its made out of a retired surgical instrument..yep its been inside someone..

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

No pictures of this. I had a pretty crazy uncle by marriage. He did several tours in SE Asia. The legend goes that on a patrol in the middle of nowhere they ran into some VC. There was a quick battle and several of the VC were killed. The bodies were left to the jungle. Many months later uncle odd is patrolling the same area and finds the bones of the long decomposed VC. He decides at this point he wants a souvienier from the dude that tried to kill him and takes his thigh bone. In the eyes of the .gov taking bones of the dead is bad. Right before returning to base he chops the top of the femur off and stashes it in his gear. He somehow keeps it and gets it back to Iowa. He drilled the bone out, filled it with fiberglass resin or something, and stuck it on the shifter of some tri five chevy he had. It was there for several years until it was removed by the Iowa state patrol during a traffic stop.

I didn't say it was the coolest, or even remotely nifty. It is however the creepiest shifter handle I have ever seen.

16. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

WOW ! now thats gonna be hard to beat ! some cool shifter nobs here but i dont see how you guys even shift with these big-ass things , must be an automatic thing , lol , just give me white ball or a hurst T-handle to row my comp. plus
    FINK

17. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

This is cool!

Be really cool if it would disconnect quickly...you know...in case 'ya needed it :D

18. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Anybody that has a "Norm" one.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Set screws are where it's at! I'm in the works of having a second one made just in case something happens to this one. I also have a normal steel one that is going to replace the Ford logo hood release on the Galaxie.

20. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

yup #1...its got some class...i dont get the skulls ???dead guys are cool ????

21. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Chris Jetter from Denver custom makes the wildest shift knobs made from glass on the planet.His selection is awesome.He can custom make one for you .He also makes radical glass 59 Caddy taillights with custom flake sworl in the glass. He is HAMB member Roger Jetters son. Hay Roger show his us his work!

22. Wow...without a doubt one of the coolest and rarest collections I've seen. Nice work, WB's. Cool case, too.

23. I second that!...

24. mckustoms

mckustoms

25. mckustoms

mckustoms

26. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

This is a handle off a WW2 machine gun.Its made of bakelite.The nut on top is off a old outboard. Fedcospeed

Attached Files:

27. BISHOP

BISHOP

I have seen only one other Eelco foot. Purty cool.

28. Rail9222

Rail9222
    from oregon

Nickle plated alum.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. My lucky shift knob isn't much to look at and I don't even have a pic.

Its just a white knob that is now stained and has a few cracks I'm not sure what its made out of but its not that plastic that was used in the '60s.

I've had it for over 50 years now its been in a ton of old hoopties. A friend of the Ol' Man gave it to me just after I got out of the hospital when I was about 4 or so. He took me for a ride in his roadster, when we got back to the shop he spun it off and handed it to me. Told me to keep it for luck. I saw Mr Roth at the world of wheels the year he passed, he asked about the shift knob and I took him out to the parking lot to show it to him. He just smiled and said you're still here it must have worked.

I guess its not all bitchin and knarly and stuff but its mine.