Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

I collect Hot Wheels, specifically vintage racers and stock muscle cars. The coolest one of these is the Alfa Romeo BAT 9, with the Chaparral 2 a close second. I just buy the new ones; I don't wish to spend the money on the red lines at this time, although I have a couple including the Plymouth cop car which is my favorite. I also have about 2 dozen Tomicas that I picked up in Japan, still in their "matchboxes". I have about 10 1:18 scale cars too.

I also have a small collection of hot rod magazines, including Hot Rod Deluxe #1 and 2, Garage #1 from the HAMB giveaway, and every issue of Gearhead with records, including #1 which I found in an antique store in its factory wrap, with 45 rpm record, for the cover price of $5.95.

I have a few fountain pens including the 1936 Wahl Eversharp "Doric" in the green "Kashmir" pattern that my grandfather gave me which I used in high school (lucky I never lost it!), and the sterling silver 1964 Parker 75 Sterling Cicelé that I found on the floor in junior high school. Other than that, I just don't like having lots of stuff that I have to pack up and move every so often.

2. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

3. Ha! Broom Handles!

4. Brahm

Brahm

I have spent the last year actively trying to reduce my clutter and hobbies.. My goal is to shrink it down to cars, camera (and only 1 camera setup), snowmobiles, and some electronics. I used to have just way to much clutter I'm over it. If anybody wants I've got a bunch of 80s toys, cards, ect that I'm hoping to pull out of the loft next and get rid of.

5. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I have a lot of gas station stuff in my garages and in the shop, but I have been collecting promos before I could drive, for about 25 years now. I would love to have 1/4 of what you have!!!! :eek: I'm just amazed.

If you would leave these to me in your will I would give them all a great home... I promise!!!!

6. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Im into comic books alot, have boxes full. Some of them are worth $$. I also have a bunch of superhero action figures.

Other than that i also collect basketball cards and money like old coins and bills:D

7. Other than old car parts I collect memorabelia from Ol' Ireland.. My Great Grandparents emigrated here and it's just kind of a link to my past..

8. LostInOC

LostInOC

I own a hobby shop, so naturally I've got tons of RC airplane junk.....old OS and nelson engines, kraft and futaba radios, yada yada. Lately I've been getting into 70's and early 80's metric motorcycles. got some hondas and yamahas. here's a pic of a little honda rebel I morphed into a bobber. Harley guys hate it because it steals thier thunder. I've also got a fully restored and airworthy Bowlus baby albatross originally kitted in the early 30's along with a BD-5 micro jet. Just got bit by the hot rod/rat rod bug so we'll see where that obsession fits in with all my other B.S.

Attached Files:

9. I have more crap here than I know what to do with. So

10. Beg pardon...a WHAT Sir?

11. LostInOC

LostInOC

Due to the wonderful generosity of a good customer of mine.....I have a fully flight worthy Bowlus Baby Albatross hanging in my shop.....The brown glider with a mahogany fuse and cloth covered wings.

12. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

I've held onto every issue of Rod & Custom from December '88, been a subscriber since December '89. My Holy Grail was finally getting the first issue off of the 'bay last year. I also collected Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning,Matchbox, and a few Aurora Speedlines over the years, since I broke most of 'em during childhood. I have a light blue interior Custom Camaro that I am proud of, and a purple Classic '36 Ford Coupe redline that I treasure as well, also have an early '66 Mattell collector case with cardboard inserts that is pre Hot Wheels. I've managed to get all four Street Rod Pictorial's that Petersen published from '68-'74, I also have an incomplete collection of Street Rod magazine, from the Portland area, which filled in the vacancy left when Rod and Custom was killed the first time around in '71.

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

What I have been really getting into lately are the old Catalog guitars such as Kay, Harmony, etc.....especially the old Archtops and Hollowbodys. Anybody got any for sale ???

Attached Files:

14. EDGEFIND

EDGEFIND

I come from a family of hoarders and enjoy reliving my childhood. Other than my toy car collection, I also collect comic books and primarily, action figures. Here's a sample:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Frank

Frank

16. Old fans=stand ups and desk tops...weird, I know,old fishing lures and tackle,old colt revolvers,and of course vintage car stuff. Still have my old toys.....plugs,license plates,old bikes(cha ching) and a bunch of other "collections'' sickness =you bet!

17. plan9

plan9

edgefind... NICE Mask & GIJOE collection ... what kid wouldnt want a giant Cobra army? haha

18. EDGEFIND

EDGEFIND

Thanks, man. I was fortunate enough to have hoarder parents that hung on to all of my old stuff including many original boxes. Now I surround myself with what would have been my childhood fantasy dreamworld. My son absolutely LOVES it.

19. bathcollector

bathcollector

I have a bunch of castiron clawfoot bath tubs, leather flying helmets, Top and bowler hats, Yoda figurines, model car kits, rod and bike magazines, V8 engines, minibikes and of late Villiers single cylinder 2 stroke lawn mower engines along with the usual array of incomplete car projects. On the lighter side of this, i was at K Mart looking at gel seat covers for bicycles. (Have an OT cafe racer project needing some seat padding) Had a few laid out on their shop floor working out how many i would need when my 6 yr old son comes over, looks at me funny and says "are you gonna collect these now Dad ??"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  20. Met a guy about a week ago who has a huge German Military collection. Helmuts,guns,medals,uniforms,knives,flags,photos,even a Staff Car. He wouldn't let me take any pic's,cause many people don't care for Nazi stuff. I just wondered where he got all that stuff,and how he got it here in the USA. Young guy,so he didn't bring it back with him from WWII.

21. Lil32

Lil32

Collect 1/18 diecast model V8 Aussie racecars,GMP Hot rods and R&R Sprintcars Collection worth about $40000

22. upspirate

upspirate

I get a hair up my ass and "collect" a few things here and there.

3 Mercury outboards from the '50's,2 from the '60's,11 boats from 8' to 38'.
    A few Ertle die-cast car banks from grocery stores, a few UPS die-cast trucks,a UPS die-cast Ranger Bass boat/trailer/Mercury motor.
    Some old metal electric toy outboard motors including one from "occupied"Japan (1940's I think),some new issue Die Cast electric Mercury display outboard motors.
    About 10 sets of 1950's Mercury outboard controls.
    Various car truck parts I picked up here & there (Corvette hubcap spinner,Diamond Reo horn button,etc) My old Street Rodder, and R&C magazines filed away for reference!
    E-Bay and alcohol don't mix sometimes!!!

Just a couple shots....I also build boats,and in the garage shot if you look close at the rear is a new Model A chassis hanging on the shelf as well as 20 years of collecting parts for the coupe including a tri-power somewhere in there!!(no body yet)

Attached Files:

23. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

Vinyl is my addiction too. Have a decent punk collection (70+ Clash alone). I have had the same conversation dozens of times...

Why do you have 10 copies of the same record? They are not the same, see this one was the UK pressing with a different track order, this one has a blue cover because it is the Canadian release...etc., etc., and the blank stares follow.

Also have a sizable Johnny Cash collection (100+) and at one time I was buying every $1 copy of Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and Other Delights I could find for no apparent reason other than to see how many I could find! I find the hardest thing about record collecting is avoiding being a "completist"...you will drive yourself crazy...for every 100 Johnny Cash records you have there are 200 you don't!

Other problem is that with any collection it isn't worth anything unless you are willing to sell it. My friends always ask when they see the 5000+ records...what are they worth? I tell them I would be embarassed to say how much I have paid for them but as far as what they are worth I have no idea because I don't plan on selling them!!!

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Scars and Tattoos

25. I try really hard not to collect stuff, but it just happens. Mostly car related anything, and tattoo machines. (used to be girlfriends, but got too expensive);):D

26. mmtoyman

mmtoyman

AMT,SMP,JoHan "annuals"
    Redline Nomads in Blisterpack Only
    Vintage toy car carriers, with original cars- Hubley,Tootsietoy,Marx,Barclay
    Pressed steel trucks-Tonka,Structo,Buddy L,Nylint
    Old california Chevy dealer license plate frames
    Vintage automotive advertising metal signs-Bardahl, Atlas batteries, Purolator
    "Arts & Crafts / Mission" furniture
    Antique Stained glass windows and panels
    "Royal" Easy chairs-c1898-c1928-First fully mechanical recliners- have 3 in various styles and looking for more

27. Oh my God Yes, I am afflicted with the collecting bug, besides cars & trucks, I have sports cards, beer mugs, Jim Beam decanters, did Radko blown glass Xmas ornaments with an ex wife years ago & of course ex wives: I have 3 of those in my collection!

28. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

I don't have any for sale but I admire your collection..<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>;)

29. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

I enjoy vacations in the Caribbean in the cold months and have a collection of license plates from each island/country I've visited. Got over 30 now.Did have to steal some of them from cars that I thought were'nt being driven any more. At least I think they were'nt being driven. Sometimes in those islands it's hard to tell if they are being driven or abandoned.