Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage O'Reilly's Auto Part Warehouse Show, Puyallup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, May 9, 2010.

1. This was put on with the local Kiwanis Club off Levee Road in Puyallup with all the proceeds going to The Kiwanis Club scholarships, had a great time saw few faces I knew and got to chat. Dig the Chevy pick up, I talked to the 82 year old guy ( retired body man) lots of cool tricks on the truck .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. more pics

Attached Files:

3. some more

Attached Files:

4. the end ! battery died ! oh well ! fun show about a 110 cars total.

Attached Files:

5. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

That chev pu belongs to one of the best metal guys I've ever met , Don Chapmen is his name , He has owned that truck for ever, and I bet theres not a drop of mud in it ,I would love to own it . I remeber when I was in high school I would see him getting his mail at the post office every week in it .

6. Hey Marshall ! That truck was awesome I must have spent over a 1/2 hour looking it over and taking pictures. I did get to talk to Don for a few. I think he enjoyed that someone really liked what he had built long ago and was interested in it. Your right no mud , lead work for sure. The custom tricks wow ! I dig the Appleton spots ( no dummy ones folks) This truck was the real deal. I would sell my 49 Coupe in a split second to own it as well. Sounds like that truck is pretty well know in Sumner/ Puyallup area. He had a few great stories of the cars he had and sold ( I should of never sold, but I was smart and kept the truck)

7. vein

vein

cool pics rob! wish I knew about that show. Glad to see the proceeds go to a good cause!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice photos Rob, I see a couple there that I know from years back.

9. great little show, had lot's of fun ! I can't get that truck out of my mind !

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  10. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

Nice pics. Living in ID now but I used to see that truck all over Sumner and Bonney Lake, he drives it all the time, very cool. Saw several cars in your pics that I've seen before, I love that yellow '41 Chev ragtop. Looks like you had a nice sunny day.

11. MudLover

MudLover

Don's truck is the bees knees...He told me he built it in the early 60's and it's mostly the original paint that he sprayed. Love the 'vette tail lights, the way he got the bed down and maintained proportions, and he also said he had to do some funny stuff to get the grille right. The SBC under the hood is tame but very neat looking with plug wires running through chrome tubes. Very clean and he drives the piss outa that thing! Wonder if he still has his '40 something Caddy? The flathead in it was cool...The man is an icon in these here parts!
    Can't believe I missed that show! Thanks for the coverage.

12. The Ragtop was killer to, low and with modern running gear!

13. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

Yeah Don's a great guy......Charlie and him would come by my house to see what I was "screwing up" on my truck from time to time. I didn't get out to the show til late and only stayed for a little while. This show had overgrown Ms. Turners parking lot and needed a new home. I thought the new sight was nice.

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i had no idea about this show!

What the hell!

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Nice pics...that blue '60 Wagon is a freind of mine's......soon to be FLAMED.

16. It was great to talk to Don.