Register now to get rid of these ads!

On the side of the road what have you found?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phukinartie, May 9, 2010.

1. phukinartie

phukinartie

Hope this has not been done before.I know there is a thread about what people have found in cars .I myself have found 2 wallets with cash ,that I returned, A newer weedeater Cash, a flowmaster a tube of zip ties and the usual tools.How about you guys and gals?

2. RichG

RichG

tons of stuff, I'm a scavenger :p Tools, car parts, furniture, wood, one time I got a riding lawnmower. I always slow down and check out the piles that say "free" on them, you'd be amazed at what people throw away!:D

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

A square flashlight, in the woods by the side of a lonely country road, at night....lit.

4. gtkane

gtkane

I usually just find dead raccoons and rusty mufflers.

5. When working with the local PD my partner and I found lots of tools on the road. Good thing about it we could turn the overheads on and stop the traffic for our safety picking the tools up.

6. Thumper

Thumper

My ex wife........shoulda left the bitch there.......

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A 29 Model A cowl at the intersection two miles away from the house. it was on the shoulder and it took me all of four minutes to run home and get the truck and run back and pick it up. It wouldn't fit in the trunk of my wife's car lol. It's now the basis for a project.
    An aluminum ramp off a convoy truck in the middle of the road one day. It makes a good motorcycle ramp.
    Other than that mostly the usual stuff such as tools and plastic gas cans.

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found an Arm and two Left Legs on the side of a highway once. Not the sort of country you holiday in though and oddly enough that was it, no other parts.
    Doc.

9. gtkane

gtkane

Now that's just creepy.

10. Did you have a bar b que? :D

Did you have a bar b que?:eek:

11. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

not on the side of the road but under a bridge in some weeds by the river bank.......a 9mm with 2 bullets still in the clip

12. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Two pounds of pot of the side of I5 by the town of Arbuckle. It was two one pound bundles wrapped up with duct tape.

13. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

Relic Stew & i found a floor jack in the middle of the road once...

14. JJK

JJK

My pops worked for TXDOT for over 30yrs and has seen and found alot. He has two gallon coffee cans full of pocket knives, a box of buckels, several purple hearts and other military awards, guns, tools, and one day he brought me a brand new Spalding basketball;how great is that?

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Ha! My pop worked for ODOT for over 30 years and all kinds of stuff too. 6' darth vader kite, jewelry, knives, guns, tackle box full of tackle!!

16. Fallen1

Fallen1

When I was a kid I used to walk ditches all the time...I was around 8 or 9 when I made my greatest discovery...a book titled, "The Joy of Sex"...Man that was like my Bible..

17. BISHOP

BISHOP

I left my ex wife on the side of the road in Lone Star Texas. Im sorry for anyone that found her.

18. Never2low

Never2low

I worked for the City Parks Dept. when I was 16-19. Had to mow along several roads, usually litter picking before. The only car parts I found were hubcaps and mufflers, and a Ford Probe door:confused:. Found a crispy $100 dolar bill, once. And yes I was running around, yelling like a complete maroon. Cool hunting knife and some vise grips. Then one day I found a human finger:(. It really freaked me out. Soon after, I got a better job.

19. My dad was on the road crew, about 17 years ago, doing his court ordered community service for DUI. He found a set of Rams Horns complete with crossover pipe, while picking up trash on the side of the highway.

They are still on the Impala in my avatar! BTW, he's been sober since then.

20. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

I found a 15" Chrysler hubcap once that matched the other 3 on the '73 New Yorker I was driving. I stopped and hammered it on right there and drove home!

21. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

a naked guy. Still drunk and had a good sunburn in a bad place. Called the cops to deal with him

22. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

23. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I just choked and spit all overmy keyboard

24. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

25. true story, My friend Jim stopped on the way home from a hunting trip, went into the woods alongside the road to take a leak, found a duffel bag tied to a barbed wire fence. Now, this was out in the middle of nowhere. He unties the bag, throws it in his van, goes home and forgets about it for a few days. He finally remembers it, opens it up and finds....... it is full of hashish. He freaked out, called me up and wanted to know what to do with it. He ended up calling the cops and they were more than happy to question him about how he actually "found" it before confiscating it.

26. Kaptain Kustom

Kaptain Kustom
    from Finland

Nothing special... A month or two ago I found a good hammer in the middle of the lane. Stopped to pick it up so no-one would damage his/her car.

27. By this time.... I would have shit myself.

28. One time, I was waiting at a light by a highway offramp. The ramp has the light, so this Schnieder National tractor trailer makes a left in front of me and off falls this great big orange tarp from the back of the cab.

So I stop, pick it up - I've never opened this thing but I assume it must be about 12' tall and 50 feet long for the side of a trailer - and drive down to the truck stop I know the guy must be going to fuel up.

I get in there and there's like four of those trucks in there. At which point I just said screw it and kept it - I figured no matter which one I asked first, they'd say it was theirs.

If you count spring junk day I found tons of stuff, but I think we have a thread on that.

29. I grew up on a stretch of US101 right next to a popular flea market. People used to make u-turns in my driveway to get to the mkt, and there was an accident almost every weekend...
    Found:
    Loaded .38
    several tool boxes full of tools
    100 pounds of cheap jewelry
    a VERY badly bent Harley next to a pile of bloody clothes
    a duck in a cage
    at LEAST 1/2 ton of broken glass over the years

30. 4 2 GO

4 2 GO

Not picture I took, I think I found it on the HAMB years ago.

Attached Files: