Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post your "Beatiful Ugly" Cars here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think someone went to the zoo the day these were designed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

i like them all, like women, some are just a little better than others.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the white Seneca was purchased in Burlingame Ca. in 1992 from a guy who said he bought it from the original owner. I have the owners manual with the original owners name on it, P.L. Goggin.

as far as I know it was never in Oakland and I'm the 3rd owner.

4. 61TBird

61TBird

I wonder if the Seneca's were a Peninsula "thing"...
    I met my Wife in '94 and a friend of her's in Belmont had inherited a Tan Seneca from her Aunt.:eek:

5. ho....leee.....shit...

6. You guys are on crack...I dig the 'warthog' styling!

7. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Let me edit that statement for you for accuracy :)
    "I want to see some cars that some see as beautiful but are really Ugly in there own way........."

This one is almost epic it just needs to get on the smile train (wonderfull charity) and lose the hare lip.
    can you see it with a pontiac face?

http://www.smiletrain.org/site/PageServer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

This type of car has been looked over and crushed many times while saving the run of the mill stuff.
    This thing is gorgeous,but might have been hard to visualize back in the day when it was in drab form.
    Being able to see the beauty in a otherwise ugly car shows a cool character in the person who wants to build it and/or the one who actualy brings it to life;)

If I ever get my 55 chevy decent I want to build something unique, once considered ugly.

Attached Files:

9. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

What the hell did that start out as bfore it went to the ROD shop! LOL
    dang cheevy57 i thought of these( no shittin) as i was waiting fo this thread to upload! BUT these have no beauty AT ALL! effin ugly disasters!

10. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

The "ice chest on wheels" i.e. the square Datsun and the Pontiac Aztec are what you get when you design by committee and put non-car people-Yuppies and sons of yuppies- in charge of design! These and fourty plus year old "Retro" designs are what we're left with.
    It's no wonder "Beatful Ugly" vehicles are finally havin' their day in the sun.

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

11. RamblerClassic

RamblerClassic

oh no you didnt!

12. retromotors

retromotors

[​IMG]

I'd rock one of these, just to screw with everyone's head!:D

13. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

People seem to think they are really ugly. I have to disagree. I dont really like the metro but the 56-59 rambler 4 doors rock

14. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

1957 Hudson Hornet Hollywood, sort of beautiful in an overcooked garish way.

Attached Files:

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

If you think the front of a '60 DeSoto is ugly, you should see a '61.

[​IMG]

They're rare, only built about six weeks or so and only as 2dr or 4dr hardtops. Don't let the above pic fool you, there were no Fireflites or any other model names given to the '61 DeSotos. They were just called DeSotos. I want one real bad.

[​IMG]

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

17. Eight433

Eight433

Maybe my car counts? It's ROCK SOLID, but kinda a turd brown color. Before that, it was kind of a drab green, so it's actually a (small) step up! The GM fullsize truck steelies with no hub caps don't help either. But it's in super nice condition for her age and I think the lines of the car are beautiful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

In just a few weeks, this baby is going on the auction block in Texas...get your checkbooks dusted off...this could be yours!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=FW10&CarID=r443&fc=0
    <table class="details fullwidth"><tbody><tr> <td align="right">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td><table><tbody><tr><td style="" class="title sIFR-replaced" width="80%"><object style="" data="/Flash/sf_FuturaSTD-Light.swf" name="sIFR_replacement_12" id="sIFR_replacement_12" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" class="sIFR-flash" height="34" width="492">

</object>1938 Longhorn Custom Roadster </td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1">To be offered at auction WITHOUT RESERVE </td></tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="extrapad">Oliver Albert of Gonzalez, Texas, built this one-off custom roadster, known as the &#8220;Longhorn&#8221; over a period of approximately 14 years. Truly impressive in its overall dimensions, the Longhorn Roadster rides on a 120-inch wheelbase and measures 19 feet, four inches in length, yet has a total height of just three feet, 9 inches and weights a svelte 2,800 pounds.

All body panels were hand-formed from the parts of no fewer than 14 different makes of vehicles and an equally impressive engine, a 1941-vintage Lincoln V12, provides power.

Other features include a luggage trunk, a &#8220;Continental&#8221; spare tire kit and dual exhaust. The cockpit features custom pedals with pearl accents, a bench-type seat and a mix of Speedwell and Stewart-Warner instruments to monitor the Longhorn&#8217;s vital functions.

Riding on radically small 10-inch wheels, the Longhorn carries Texas license plates and was last road-registered in 1981, according to a registration sticker affixed to the windshield. As offered, the Longhorn includes a display board mounted with photos depicting its construction and of course, a set of steer horns is ready for mounting.</td></tr></tbody></table>

19. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

67 was a great year for caddies, I love em!

20. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You cannot include a Porsche 356 in this group.

The Pontiac Aztec is hands down the winner!

I like Mopars but I agree that the early 60's had some of the ugliest cars ever in it. Warthogs and all. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  21. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

That thing is potentially beautiful, from the front axle centreline back. A Deuce shell in the proper position would do it.

22. 49 packard. i got a fulton visor and chrysler hubcaps for it maybe it will look better then.

Attached Files:

23. wow, i love ugly cars. great thread. bring on more! lol.

24. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

This " thing " , known as the TASCO, was designed by the same guy who was head of design at Duesenberg (1929- 1931) and brought us the Model J Duesenberg designs, and the Cord 810 & 812s.

The TASCO was Gordon Buehrigs attempt to get into the automobile business and attract investors in the post WWII era. It was built on a '46-'48 Ford frame, complete with flathead power.

" Meahwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork ''

25. Ar the end of this clip there's a TASCO in motion on the highway. But the real treat is the aircraft inspired interior and instrument panel controls.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/FQoLXBF4uSA&hl=en_US&fs=1& width=480 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

26. phukinartie

phukinartie

Mommy!!!! my tummy hurts!!!!

27. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I knew about the TASCO, but I'd only ever seen rear three-quarter views.

28. bigroy

bigroy

There is nothing Ugly about that car!!

29. Blam

Blam

HEY!!! There is absolutely nothing ugly about a '61 Plymouth!!
    Here's my dad's:
    [​IMG]
    <p>
    [​IMG]

30. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I THOUGHT UGLY WAS WHEN YA WAKE UP SUNDAY WITH A HANGOVER & A BROAD NEXT TO YA . I DID'NT KNOW IT MEANT SHEET METAL.
    i never stop learning . its killin me. MUST HAVE BEEN A SENIOR MOMENT.
    IF IT AIN'T STEEL ... IT AIN'T REAL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.