Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rattle can, dumbest idea i had...help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gunk, May 5, 2010.

1. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

the bottom of my wagon took almost 8 cans

2. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Thanks for the tips. Got a sparyer and a quart of primer.
    Finish up some sanding now. Will shoot tomorrow. I will post of before and after. PS not black, gray.

3. Put a set of blue side doors on my white van. Sanded, one coat rustoleum thrown on at dusk so they'd kinda match. Next day was all streaky. So a few days later I went over it with some 300 grit, didn't go nuts, just roughed it up and smoothed out some runs, and gave it another coat. Problem solved.

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Rattle cans all the way. But I did it a section at a time chasing the overspray ahead and off the panel. Lasted for years outside and held up to scrubbing. Krylon and Rustoleum satin work best and give good coverage. Touched up right in the middle of a section without showing when I needed to. Couldn't get the gun to work, so off to Lowes I went and had it done for the weekend. Held up so well that I just couldn't get around to doing it right.

Attached Files:

5. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

GUNK...you can buy a type of paint, that can be applyed with a roller. would i use it HELL NO! but people have use it before...POP.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

unless that person ever wants a decent paint job, it all has to come off, every last bit

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I can't believe I try so hard and spend so much to get a quality paint job, when obviously, so many are so happy with so little. I should lower my expectations.

Brian

8. For what it's worth, I did a rustoleum blue band on the same beater with foam brushes. If you don't mind sanding, you can slop it on in thin coats out of the can - do it in sections and chase any runs, because they never cure unless you put some hardener in the paint. Looks like if you put about three coats on and sand half of it back off, then clear it and you'd have a decent looking paint job, like they claim in the various artcles on doing it this way.

9. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

the 2 caps that i recommend using for spraying a car are the german or new york fat cap.these caps the spray about 3 to 4 inches in width.they fit most spray cans

10. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

I kwow the car is all wrong here but it cost $140 for all the Krylon puff can paint w/those nice fan nozzles & a helluva lot of tape. It came out so nice, I blew another $90 on some cheap clear urethane and flatening agent, wet sanded it with 600 and hey I had a wild hair up my ASS!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And don't be afraid of that spray gun, It's just a big spray can!!

11. Deuces

Deuces

I'm wondering if anyone spayed a car with one of those Magnum power sprayers.... Just a thought!..... You could probably rent one at your local hardware store........

12. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

I would love to get a good glare off my chrome!

13. Muttry and creatus, you think I no watching? I watching croser than security camera on crackhead in Warmart!

I am installer of #3 prug at People's Glorious Revolutionary Truck Factory #5 (and Nike outlet) and things are going according to the five year plan! As awrays!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Deuces

Deuces

15. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

x1000

16. earl sheib will paint any car for 99.95 (masking is extra though):D