Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown '10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cosmo49, Mar 18, 2010.

1. decayed40

decayed40

see ya there!!

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's 50/50 now whether or not I'm going to go. Might have to skip out again this year so I can surprise my wife with a couple days at the beach. I wasn't going to be able to drive anything cool so it's not that big of a deal. We'll see though!!!

3. can hardly wait!!!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Really??? I mean can't you go to the beach any old weekend?? :rolleyes:

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek:
    shit at this rate I might as well not go.......WRONG
    I guess I'll just have to find someone else to flirt with :p :D

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nah, If I do that it means more time off work, more gas money and more money for a Hotel. Probably not a smart thing to do with only 9 weeks left until the baby comes. It's either one or the other and since she surprised me last year with Bonneville and then again this year with GNRS I think she's do for some time. I can't only consider myself I have to think about the whole picture. Married Life and Familes who need 'em right:rolleyes::cool:?

7. ok i will volanteer!!!

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  8. scarylarry

scarylarry

In case you missed this in one of the fifty other places I've posted it...A few new things this year. We are really going to try to lessen the wait for track time. The plan is, once you take your car to the infield, it MUST stay there until you are ready to leave for the day. This will eliminate a LOT of down time crossing the track. When you leave the infield we will mark you window sticker and thats it for the day. We have asked the kitchen and Lions Club volunteers to park at the museum and car pool to help with the same issue. The museum bus will still be picking up just outside the gate...same reason. Also if you speed, spin out or get stuck in the mud you will also probably be finished on the track. Follow our flaggers directions! Also if you get stuck YOU WILL get out of the car and hook the chain up. We’re just not that interested in getting muddy for your screw up/time killer! We will also be monitoring the track time line for alcohol in the car, driver or passenger! Insurance is just killing us, please understand our situation. All this is really an effort to make the experience better and safer for YOU.
    See ya soon! “Scary” Larry

9. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

some great ideas Larry...hope these makes thing a little easier for you and your help..

10. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

my future x wife better be flirting with me

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Alright Davina still wants to go so expect me at the Showdown! Back to regular scheduled programming.

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Won't be long now. Looking forward to the Hamb meet and drink on Friday night. First year I'll have something to hit the track with. (confused about the one rule I saw though, What's too fast?) Guess I'll find out when I get there.

Been raining most everyweekend up till now and calling for it again this weekend. What's the chances we'll have a beautiful weekend the 15th?
    Campfires work much better when not being drowned in the rain.

Figure this one will be the best to date from the buzz I'm catching....

Don't forget the camera's on this one!

13. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Sonofa.......Well..........
    I guess we have to build a trans for the Ranchero now, over the weekend.:mad:
    My investigations into the nasty sound effects heard under the floor on my run down from Ocean City to Cape May say so, thus far, anyway...
    Crap.
    Clock's ticking, now...as usual....I can't even get started a year early and make this damn event!
    Still time...still time.....still time.....

14. sawzall

sawzall

how many days to go?? too MANY!
    looking forward to it..

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Anybody driving in from the West? Like Burbank, CA???? I know it's a long shot but I need a Cowl & Doors taken to California if anybody is.

16. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

this time next week,my T will be parked in the shade, my tent will be up, my mattress inflated and I should be maybe 2 beers short of a full load :eek:

17. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

O.k....back on track!
    Ranchero and I just completed a 100 mph exit to exit run on rte. 55, and, happily, I think I'm good to go, finally.
    Man...I'm getting good...it only came down to a WEEK before the drive, this time.
    I can't wait to pack up my crap, and roll...

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn I wish I was bringing a cool car!!!! Oh well I'll be happy to just be there.

19. Amen brother hope to be in the same state of mind also

20. synthsis

synthsis

Soooooo....Larry......how strict is the "No Dogs" rule? the only reason I ask is because I can camp with them in the '69 Scotty camper Friday into Saturday, OR I can only come Saturday for a couple hours.

21. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

hrm2k said:

"this time next week,my T will be parked in the shade, my tent will be up, my mattress inflated and I should be maybe 2 beers short of a full load :eek:"

Hey John,
    Hopefully my sedan will be close by, like last year. Hope you solved that farting problem!

22. That's one of the reasons I am not going...

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm paying my brother in law to watch my dogs for few days. They'll be much happier playing around the back yard and humping each other then being cramped up in a car for 9 hours each way.

24. pennygirl

pennygirl

Looking forward to meeting you. My hubby (Pinky) is a member of the Drifters cc, so we'll also see you at C4C. :)

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You seriously need to PM BenD and see what vehicle he's bringing to the Jalopy Showdown. I know for a fact he'll be heading to CA shortly after the Showdown.

26. chopo

chopo

no dogs = no related issues

no bites...nobody likes stepping in shit.:mad:

anyway rules are rules.

thats my take on it:)

27. you're right, rules are rules!
    And I won't violate them...

28. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

I wouldn't miss it for the world. It was the first show I had a car involved in.

29. scarylarry

scarylarry

That chopo is wise beyond his years!

30. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Five days and a wake-up!