Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

2. Cruiser

Cruiser

Chopped50Ford - That's on cool looking Caddy it'll make one great cruiser. Keep us updated. :D

CRUISER :cool:

3. Thanks Cruiser.

Welll....for starters, I pulled my rocker assemblies to do an engine 'check' since I was told it was rebuilt. Good news...it was.

The bad news: The person who rebuilt it did not clean out the rocker shafts so no oil got to the rockers...the shafts are scored and "DONE!". I need new rocker shafts and rockers. Im very bummed...on top of that my starter craped out on me as well. If any Caddy guys here have any rocker assemblies and/or starter for me, PLEASE pm me, I will be greatful.

On the other hand...started on my interior...here is a seak peak!

Oh.. the darn rear end sat lower when I put the blocks in, since I dropped it from the jack stands (after 3 months in the air)...it wont settle back to where it was...UGH!

Attached Files:

4. Great looking car!

5. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks, also if you're still interested in chopping the 51, pm me your number, or your adress, and I can possibly mail you some copies of pix I've got of the chop being done on Nadine.

6. 133

send them to me so i can burn them! hahaha.

Norm, your Cad is looking good.

7. mojojojoe

mojojojoe
    from Indpls

Here's a pic of my new 60. Sorry about the picture quality, I'll post some better ones soon.
    [​IMG]

8. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Just as a teaser (no posted pics yet), I am picking up my '40 Cadillac/LaSalle from DeRosa's Shop to go to Santa Maria. All bodywork is finished except the chop.

WHAT OTHER CADDYS ARE GOING TO SANTA MARIA?????????

Brian

9. If you have chopped it, I'm gonna slap ya Brian....

and then run away very fast :D

10. 133

i won't slap ya but i'll be disappointed, haha. i look forward to seeing it at the show.

11. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

133, Just thought you'd want to know I ordered the Caddy wire wheels last week, going to put them on the 68 next week, you knew I couldn't keep the caps on it.

12. 133

sweetness! i'd love to get a set for my Cad but i can't swing the price tag. where did you order yours from?

13. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Coker tire, I actually had a new spare off Nadine that would have fit, but no center cap, and Coker is using a 48 spoke now, instead of the 52 spoke that was made by wheel vintiques, I would rather had the 52 spoke but I'd of had to wait 3-4 weeks, and coker had these in stock, they look identical, but they have gotton pricey the first set I bought was about 8-9 years ago for my 52 convertible I use to have, and I think I paid about $1200 for the wheels and the center caps, now they are about $370 a wheel and another $60 bucks for the center cap, but they do look SWEET, on an old Caddy!!!

14. tommy v

tommy v

it does say EXCEPT the chop ,just two inch's phatcaddy :D

15. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Here is a 61 of my brothers that is for sale on the HAMB

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      557.1 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      548.4 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      533.9 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      414.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      509.8 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      487.9 KB
      Views:
  16. 133

you should've spent spent the money you used for the wheels on getting the '68 laying on the rockers instead. :D

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

A32flatheat - I'll be in Santa Maria having a cool time. How about you? :D

18. Cruiser

Cruiser

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

Chopped50Ford,

Sorry, to hear about the engine problem. The rear springs, make sure a shackle didn't reverse on you raising the rear end. If, the shackles are OK put a few sand bags in the truck for awhile and it'll settle back in time.

20. I fixed my user name for you Wayne....Jeez, how long have you known me??

Anyway, no, I won't be there, I'll be here...at work...and checking out The Road Zombies Reliability Run (work allowing) that weekend.

have fun

21. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Too bad you aren't going Dave. I may leave early and meet up with you guys somewhere. I just got a new Nikon D40 so I will have tons of pics of the weekend.

Brian

22. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Brian,

Can't wait to see your new Caddy it'll be looking cool in Santa Maria. Best under construction award is coming your way!

CRUISER :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, actually I won "Top 2 Under Construction" in 2005(?) with the '57. Very cool to get at that show because there are soo many cool ass Kustoms there and that is when we used to vote for the awards. Now they are judged, still cool though. Your Caddy to win last year is a great honor and well deserved. You have to know that a bunch of those awards go to Rick Dore, Oz and Johnny already, you know the shop built cars so for the other cars to be recognized that were not a turn-key shop built car is very cool.

Brian

23. Eight433

Eight433

Well this seems to be about the only place on the HAMB my car fits in, so I'll post here :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a recent purchase, so it's definitely still a work in progress...

24. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

25. Eight433

Eight433

Thanks. Heres a couple more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I know the fender and door are a bit different colors. I didn't paint it. Oh well. :-/

26. 133

not a fan of the wheels but the car looks solid. you definitely need to work on the stance, :D. any other plans for it? oh, that red Buick is an abomination.

27. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

This is one of my favorites! I think it's done just right....
    clean and not over done.:cool:

Attached Files:

28. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Here's my 66 Rag..... Happens to be on the auction site as we speak! :D

Attached Files:

29. Eight433

Eight433

I get that alot of you guys are uber traditional in respect to wheels. I actually liked the stock hubcaps too, but the wheels were junk and the tires were unsafe. They had a very bad wobble to them, and a few had big booger welds on them, so I went with these wheels, which gave it a lot more 'tude IMO. I've had VERY positive response from people locally, even "old school" type of guys. I think it contrasts with the gold/brown paint and black top really well.

Other plans include bringing it out of the nose bleeds, be it with cut coils and inner-coil bags to firm it up, or a full out FBSS bag system. Will likely bag it, but in a practical manner. Not interested in laying frame. Also, some new duals to replace the pieced together exhaust on it now. Eventually, I've got a nice white-ish color picked out called "Vanilla Shake". Other than those few "big" things, the rest will be very simple things just to clean her up a bit and stop the very minimal rust damage under the carpet and at the very bottom inside of the doors.

30. 133

if you're gonna 'bag it, might was well go as low as possible ;).

Attached Files: