Register now to get rid of these ads!

cat pee on metal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowstrung, May 2, 2010.

1. My step mom has 2 male cats (little).....long story short they got their nuts cut off before they started spraying!

2. 1951fordf100

1951fordf100
    from Idaho

I love cats......they taste just like chicken

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Damn , is that whats wrong ? Now iam pissed .

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Like dogs never piss on anything?? If a cat has a litterbox they will use it and then cover it up when they relieve themselves,dogs just dump it and leave it! so who has better manners? There are some people that should take lessons about restroom etiquette from cats, maybe they should be shot too?

5. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i had a cat spray my tool box one time and i cleaned it off after i saw it a few days later but the damage had already set in. the paint started bubbling and rust come threw a short time later

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like you guys missed the horse piss parts dipping to provide a faux petina on brass carburetors on another HAMB thread.;)

7. Felliway does work to stop them from "marking" as someone else pointed out. I had light gauge storage cabinets once that were ruined by cat pee being on them and not cleaned off in time. I've never had problems with heavy or thick metal being harmed by it. BTW...if you're not worried about scratches Go-Jo cleans the urine off really well and takes the odor with it.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

be very careful who's cat you fuck with. payback can cost you much more than the original problem.

9. Tin Can

Tin Can

Bat Piss will do the same thing. Eats into the metal and creates severe surface rust. After cleaning the metal off it is pitted. The last couple cars I did in that shop I sprayed etching primer on it after the surface was cleaned up and primed the car

10. fanspete

fanspete

Not a sure thing. We've got two around that we had fixed and they still let 'er rip!

11. farcus1

farcus1

When I bought my 31 Cabriolet as a basket case I found mice had nested in the cornerof the rumble lid. When baby mice are in the nest, since they don't wear diapers, They piss in the nest which wicks it away from the mice and into any low lying area to, in my case, Rust the area completely away. I had to buy a new lid because the corner was completely gone. Piss is piss!

12. farcus1

farcus1

alf?

13. The old lady next door to me came up to the fence one day and said that she always noticed me tinkering and painting old stuff and asked if I would sandblast and repaint an old "radio flyer" style wagon she had for her great-grandson. She pulled it over and I began inspecting it. One wheel was all rusty and I was kind of picking at it with a fingernail. That's when she told me that was the wheel her two dogs loved to piss on. Thanks Luna.

14. hot soapy water...then spray paint it. rattle can, i know cause it happened to me recently.

15. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

A buddy of mine at work had to replace a rim on his truck cuz his german shepard kept heisting on it. After a couple years, it ate through to where he was losing tire pressure.

Although I've heard if you rinse with your own piss, the ammonia will give you sparkling white teeth...lol

16. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Where gloves and a painters mask or respirator,cat piss can make you really sick,rat piss can actually make you so sick it could lead to death,Its also recommended that women that ere pregnant to stay clear of any cat piss.Its some nasty stuff.They sell baking soda to put in liter boxes to neutralizes the smell,maybe scrub it down w/ that ,then Lysol,fabric will probably be ruined forever.

17. lowstrung

lowstrung

I am thankfull that there is not any fabrics in the car. Bare ass metal. Nice metal though. I saw the cat hanging around the car. He likes it..and is always checking it out. I threw a nickle at him and it hit him. Then he ran away and stared at me.

18. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I had had this stack of deuce firewalls in the back of my open front storage shed and for about a year I noticed the family Tom cat going in and out. Finally went to get a firewall and that dam cat had been pissing the same firewall for over a year. Totaled one whole corner that had to be patched with a throwaway firewall.

19. lowstrung

lowstrung

Now that I've had to deal with this piss...I realize it's a pretty framiliar smell when looking through new projects that have been stashed. Oily mark.....that smell....i've seen this on many car's before that I've looked at in sheds and garages.

20. Adam Bahm

Adam Bahm

Bat piss is even worse, spots paint permanently.

21. Try an enzymatic cleaner called "Nature's Miracle." It comes in a red and white jug, and it's available at Petsmart or Petco. It breaks down all organic substances - blood, poop, vomit, and even cat pee. It's the uric acid that's so harsh on metal, and what makes it so hard to clean up.

22. lowstrung

lowstrung

Thanks! I'll go see if petcetera has this stuff.

23. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

Hey Willy!

24. jdownunder

jdownunder

25. lowstrung

lowstrung

I would shoot this thing but i would feel bad for the old lady neighbor that owns the stupid thing. I think it's all she has kinda thing...I tried to catch it to re-locate it but It's quick.

26. Grumbler

Grumbler

Jack Russell terrier like my girl here. Crazy British dogs think its great fun to run dumb cats down for sport....or worse if the stupid creature actually tries to fight back.....

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

so, either way, you'd deprive this old lady of her only companion...?

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  28. indyjps

indyjps

Try a carpet cleaning supply store, my dad has rental properties so he learned the secrets to getting the animal smell outta places. cant remember the name of the product he uses but we've gotten it at several carpet cleaning places, Im sure they can recommend something.
    Good thing about this stuff is its biodegradeable so it shouldnt hurt sheet metal, it neutralizes the stuff so you dont get sick.
    I remember this one crazy renter lady that had rabbits and just locked them in one bedroom, they dug out a couch and were living in it. Same lady let her dogs out of the second story window in the winter to shit on the roof of the porch.
    Once you neutralize it some paint will seal up the steel. We've used Kilz on the floors of many rentals before laying new carpets.

29. CGkidd

CGkidd

I just had a set of Astro supremes get trashed over the winter I thought it was due to one of the neighborhood dogs. Now I am thinking more likely one of the damn feral cats in the area. Damn things have learned to hide when they hear my door open. Turns out they don't like to get shot by a air-soft pistol go figure. Might have to start using the damn 22.

30. lowstrung

lowstrung

I guess that doesnt work then eh