Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Fairlane thread, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blades, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Hey Guys, this Fairlane thread is great, but as I said in my earlier post, I am going to put my 61 up for sale here on the HAMB later today.
    In 67, I had a new 390 GTA. It was Silver Frost with a Red interior and I've never seen another one. My Dad also had a Fairlane.....Great Cars!

Murph:cool:

2. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

yeh i called on it first thing sunday morning! sold! dang and the thing was ready to go. i found a 63 i like for the same price as the one 62 i hesitated on but needs some work, im buyin it! :)

3. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Damn! 63s are cool too. Got pictures?

4. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

5. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

Ive been tryin on the 63 fairlane this week but i guess the guy doesnt want to sell it or somethin. doesnt answer the phone so whatever. but i looked at a 62 comet today. just to see. :rolleyes: was tryin to stick to fairlane. went over just thinkn it needed a battery so i was told. so i took my jump box. come to find out it hasnt been drivn in 2 yrs. she said she took it to a shop cuz the dash was jumping and they said it had a imbalaced rod! HHHMM interesting. :confused: . well i had to hear to humor myself. the barrel of carb looked like it was filled with saw dust so its confirmed its beeen sittin. two squirts of starter fluid and revolutionand half and the thing fired right up! and oh yeh there was an imbalaced rod alright! maybe a broken one.:eek:its a straight 6/ 3 on tree. s i thanked her for let me look at it and left.:D im lookin for a driver cuz i got my model A project and i just wana cruiser! heres the pic is of the 63 fairlane

Attached Files:

6. pennylane

pennylane
    from 1904

My 59

Attached Files:

7. Fairlane

Fairlane
    from Australia

Here are some pics of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have since sold the 66 GT Fairlane, still have the other two.

[​IMG]

8. Sorry, dont know how to post pics from my comp so just look at my avatar! <-----

9. texaskoolaide

texaskoolaide
    from austin

this is my sweet lady.
    [​IMG]

10. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

I had one Identical to yours when I lived in Bellflower. With a blue denim headliner.

11. Come on now, if your gonna make the claim, tell us the MPH!

12. Updated pics of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. texaskoolaide

texaskoolaide
    from austin

raceron,

what a great looking car. i hope to have mine that pretty one day. you have any idea where i can find a y block for mine? thanks

14. Thanks, I'm just getting it back on the road after many years. John (streetdreams) did major portion of the restoration on it. I have some pics in my album of how it used to look - it was ugly!

re: Yblocks? Yeah, I have 3 sitting in my polebarn (not for sale). Maybe post a want-ad in the classifieds here? They're out there, everything from a POS '54 239 cid to the pretty cool 312. I've seen prices all over the map on 'em too but you should be able to find a rebuildable core for reasonable $$. My engine is a bored .030" 292 out of a '55 Mercury completely rebuilt & with several upgrades.

Yours looks like a '55? - with some '56 stuff on it? It looks pretty solid, something we don't find too often up here in a stock '50s car - most have rotted floors, etc. Good luck with the build!

15. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Heres my 66,trying to get it ready for the road. Just finished replacing the floorpans,door,fender,etc......cant wait.

Attached Files:

16. cheemo

cheemo

I have just acquired a combination of 6 '59 fairlanes, fairlane galaxy, mercury meteors and one that i think is 60. Here are pics of some of them how they sat in the bush. I have a ton of work ahead. It was hard to get a god pic because of all the trees.

Attached Files:

17. apound

apound

A couple guys came by the shop the other day wanting me to use my wrecker to pull this 57 out of a barn. It had been there since 1983.

Attached Files:

18. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

WOW! :eek: That beauty is in awesome shape. Motor? Trans? Looks like it wont take much to get it on the road. Looks solid and all. I gotta say that is one hell of a find.

19. apound

apound

It is a 312 automatic car. There was also an original continental kit in the dirt next to the car (they had to remove it so the car would fit inside). The car was running, driving, in perfect shape when it went into the barn. The pictures are a little deceiving. It is far from solid, as barn leaks, rats, dirt floor, etc. probably rotted it out underneath. I wish the guy luck though.

20. freemane1

freemane1

Here is my 55

Attached Files:

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Keep em coming

22. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Heres my 59 Fairlane 500[​IMG]

23. Dad and Mom with Dad's '57 Fairlane in 1958...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. VonMisfit

VonMisfit
    from Alabama

had a 1962 sold it years ago before shipping off to Japan.

wish i could get it back or i would settle for a 59!

25. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Reminds me of my aunt and uncle, only the '57 ragtop was my aunt's. He had a Powerpack/Powerglide '56 Chevy hardtop, and she had a 312-powered '57 with glass packs when they got married in 1960. They sold his and kept hers, because hers sounded better.

-Dave

26. MP&C

MP&C

We took the 65 out this weekend to a local car show, Spring Fling 2010 in Leonardtown, MD. Ended up getting the people's choice award. Not bad for a race car!

[​IMG]

27. Here is my 58...

[​IMG]

28. elgato65

elgato65

Here's my '58

Attached Files:

• new3.jpg
      new3.jpg
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
  29. Fidget

Fidget

Seeing your 58 makes me happy!! :D

Attached Files:

30. John G.

John G.

Question: What Loctite do you recommend? I had a 3 speed column shift in my 63, I installed a toploader 4 gear trans. The problem I have is, the bolts are vibrating loose...the ones that join the bellhousing and the transmission.