Register now to get rid of these ads!

My shop just got robbed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gimpyshotrods, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

It's my guess that they will think you are an easy target based on your reaction this time. So, the question is, what do you intend to do next time?

2. Bazooka

Bazooka

My dads shop got robbed for some batterys and a couple wheels and tires years ago. We could tell where they jumped the fence cause the barb wire was all bent up. There was some tall grass/weeds up to about halfway to your knee near the fence so we decided to leave a little surprise for them if they came back. Took a bunch of 2x4 and hammered long nails thru them and hid them in the grass near the fence. Dont know if they ever came back but we did find one of the boards turned over on its side about a month later..

:D

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm with Nash on this one. Word spreads fast in those circles and an easy mark will be hit again. One thing to think about. If the crime team arrives and there is a dead body inside your shop (notice I said INSIDE) there will be only ONE story to write down. Make sure it includes the fact that the only thing you could think about was the fact you were sure you were going got die.

Frank

4. See you just can't do that, you are better off shooting the guy. The judge and jury will go off INTENT. Aswk the asian shop owner that electrified his transom window a few years back after getting robbed several times. He is in jail so he should be easy to track down.

For once I too agree with 29nash.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did have a loaded and chambered rifle in my hands. We are not allowed to discharge the weapon unless under immediate threat of death.

I had to turn back into my office to get my gun, as it is kinda hard to work with it over my shoulder. In the time it took me to do that they started running.

Neither was armed, and both were running. Shoot someone in the back here, and you will go to jail for life. Shoot them, unarmed, in the front, and you will go to jail for life.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  6. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

Man, this is happening way too much. We are hearing about this all over the place; stolen cars, broken into shops. Johnny on here getting cleaned out and now you in broad daylight. The crazy thing is we have to spend more money in order to try to combat it and the cops in many places see it as minor since there are so many violent crimes.... We need to bring back quick, hard punishment and soon. Here in MO, I had a deputy tell me to shoot to kill if someone came causing problems on my property and then make sure they "fell into the house" before calling the police. We all need to work hard together to help each other out and watch out for the crooks. Good luck keeping them out of your shop. Heck, move out here to the Midwest, you might make less money, but you can shoot them in your shop if they are robbing you in broad daylight... LOL....

SpeedAddict001

7. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

My cousen owns a one man shop. Guys came in pushin hot tools... He told them to pound sand only to later notice they snagged his cell. He rolled to the next shop up the road to use the phone... there they were.

Pistol in one hand, phone in the other he dialed his phone... saying, if you ring, I'm pull'n the trigger....

He got his phone back, guy pissed his pants.

8. borndead327

borndead327

in wilson combat i trust
    i heart my 1911... always on me or in my toolbox while im working

9. Plus its a hell of a mess to clean up! Good luck, I wish you the best. Maybe the rifle scared them enough, one can only hope that you are now the crazy MOFO with a huntin rifle ready to shoot!

10. big creep

big creep

i would have paid to see that!!!!!!!!!

11. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

I'm sure they had a gun. If you shoot them you need a extra one if they don't. if you ever have to call the police on a deal like this don't forget to mention that they have a gun. they will look for them then. cant wait for pictures of this.

12. big creep

big creep

i also live in CA,you have the right to protect you and your property! remember the LA riots? no one tried to rob or steal from store owners, who had guns pointed at anyone who walked up.

13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aimed, yes. Shoot, and it might be you who becomes the criminal. You are allowed to defend your life, and the life of others, but not your property, according to our local D.A.

14. big creep

big creep

true, but ass an officer once told me, just shoot when they enter your property, they clam that they threaten your life. if the crook is dead, you are in the clear! fuck crooks! i say an eye for an eye! i bet our crime rate would drop to nothing!!!! did i mention im running for president?

15. Fenders

Fenders

Yes. And if there is an unregistered gun on the ground near their body (gee how did that get there?) so much the better.

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

good question... whats mine stays mine

17. I'm just curious if all these "gun guys" have ACTUALLY ever shot anyone.......... that is other than with their badass keyboards :rolleyes:

18. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Hey man you do live in oakland,Im sure you could pick up one of "those extra" pistols from wherever.........drop it next to the dead bastards when they come back.Even better toss it to em before you shoot!

19. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Im really hoping I will never find out if Im actually able to do it. I have been shot at though and I can tell you just the the thought of it ever happening again almost turns me white all over again.

20. big creep

big creep

break into my house and find out!!!!

21. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Out here where i live if you no trespassing signs. Signed by the court house you can get away with alot.:D

22. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Exactly. Why call the call cops who won't do anything? Deal with it yourself.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been shot before. I care not to repeat that.

I took three 9mm hollow points in a Level III+ vest, with a Level IV trauma plate, at point-blank-range. It ain't like Hollywood, kids. You don't just get back up. I woke up three days later, with tubes down my throat, and most of my ribs broken.

This was almost 20 years ago, and it still hurts sometimes when it rains.

In this case, seeing me caused them to run. By the time I grabbed the rifle and dropped the lock, they were outside the building, and on the street.

I would have had to shoot one, the other, or both in the back. In the case that I missed, or in the case of over-penetration, I could have killed or injured some innocent bystander in my busy industrial complex.

24. No thanks, your keyboard might be loaded. :cool:

25. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

"I don't know what happened officer, I was cleaning my gun and it suddenly went of.....shooting this intruder in the knee as he was breaking in."

One theft deterrent I can think of (If you live in a rural area) would be to get an old junk car/truck and fill it with a few hundred 9mm holes. Park the vehicle out front near the entrance to your place halfway in the driveway.

26. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

I am sorry that you were broken into. I would like to applaude you for keeping cool and thinking about innocent bystanders

27. sawzall

sawzall

you vote?

if so.. call the official that you voted for.. even if you didnt vote for them.. ask for help..

if that doesnt work.. call the local police chief.. and get this no investigation policy in writing..

then call the newspaper.. perhaps other tax payers in your town need to know how they aren't being served

raise some cain

28. Dzus

Dzus

When I still lived in south Austin (hippy central) a guy caught a thief breaking into his car. To give you an idea of how different it is in TX, here are some of the facts:
    1.) It was parked out on the street (not on his property).
    2.) The thief was unarmed. (no weapon)
    3.) The thief was 15. (a juvenile)
    4.) The thief when spotted made a break for it (no threat).
    The thief was fatally shot in the back in the middle of the street. No charges were filed. It went something along the lines of Texas law saying you could shoot someone who was stealing, if it was after dark, and you had no reasonable expectation of recovering the property.

29. bardahl1

bardahl1

Knew a guy, 6'4" Italian from Chicago, black belt in something, great guy, woke up and found a bad guy making a sandwich in his Kitchen past midnight. Told the bad guy to leave or else, bad guy says FO and gets agressive, bad guy ends up taking a serious beating, hospital etc. Mind you my friend had teenage daughters and a wife in the house sleeping. Mind you bad guy was making a sandwich - using a knife. My friend just got out of going to jail, but had to do years probation and got sued by bad guy and all of his family and friends.

When the law got there he explained what happened. Had he not said anything and waited to think it through and talk to a lawyer he would have slid through no problem. They asked him if he was scared of bad guy and he laughed, after all he really messed him up. That was Huntington Beach.

If you ever have to defend yourself, or your property, don't ever ever talk at the scene. Wait, think it through, and hire a lawyer. Don't say a word. Most people that get burned protecting themselves or thier property said something wrong at the scene.

It's hard to give advice to Gimpy, all reasonable advice assumes that fools won't pry your door open in braod daylight while you're there.

Make a REWARD poster with any images you get off that camera, thieves - much like cockroaches - hate to be seen.

30. Slow&Low

Slow&Low

Man, that sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.