Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Heads Up - HAMB Meet and Greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckdude1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. truckdude1

truckdude1

I hope lots of HAMBers plan to attend the uber cool Hunnert Car Heads-Up drag races on May 8 at the historic Great Lakes dragway in Union Grove, WI. This will be a great day of pre-1966 car racing, a car show and bands starting at 7:00. These races are brought to you by the guys that put on the Hunnert Car Pileup, the Chrome Czars. How can you go wrong?

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/headsup

A group of us is planning a post race BBQ. All are invited and we would like this to be a HAMB and Czar Board meet and greet.

dragdoc has offered to haul his grill, coolers and other party equipment along with his under construction Austin gasser. Anyone attending is welcome to join in but this is a BYOM cookout. We need an idea of how many people will be joining us after the races and what you can help contribute. Please take a look at this thread on the Czar board:

http://www.chromeczars.com/board/showthread.php?t=5288

If you want to bring food or supplies, please respond to this thread. Thanks

Look for the cookout in the car show area near Dragdoc's Austin. This will be a fun way to meet fellow HAMBers and fill your belly before the bands start.

Moderator - Please do what it takes to make this an official HAMB event, thanks.

<!-- / message --> <!-- controls --> [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. snelson57

snelson57

Back up - Not sure if I am going to make it yet, but I am going to try.

3. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Since the Pile Up has moved into a new TIME ZONE! ( just kiddin') and I probable won't be able to make it this year, the Heads Up is No. 1 on my list. And right down the block to!!!

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

Great idea! Thanks for setting it up, TruckDude. Better post a time though.

FYI, the car show area will be in the Pits

5. truckdude1

truckdude1

Grills will fire up after the last race (time???) and the meet and greet will end when the first band starts at 7:00.

6. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

Hey! I'm trying to get my brother in law to come with me, but he's time-constrained with a son's soccer game in the morning and a daughter's play in the evening. But we might be able to make it for 2-3 hours in the afternoon.

What time is the racing expected to end? We wouldn't want to drive all the way up from Chicago and be too late.

Thanks, John

7. Hi everyone -

Hope we get a decent turn out for the post race BBQ. I'd like to appologize ahead of time if this doesn't go super smooth - neither truckdude nor myself has organized such a thing before. Pretty simple, bring your own meat and buns and hopefully something extra to share like salads, beans, chips, desserts. Will need paper supplies and utensils as well as beverages (soda, beer).

I will have a gas grill, a few LP tanks, a picnic table, and hope to borrow a few additional large coolers.

Since this will be held later in the day we'll have time to assess the interest and likely make a run into town for additional supplies, donations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to hope I can get my trailer at the edge of the designated show area and set up camp there. Look for a dark grey enclosed trailer and this car...I'll be the bald dude that smells like beef.

Attached Files:

8. truckdude1

truckdude1

I think it will depend on how many cars show up. Racing starts at 10:00 so I'm guessing you will still be able to catch lots of action. It sounds like there is a lot of interest from guys wanting to run their cars.

9. truckdude1

truckdude1

Bump, who's hungry?

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

We have the track until 12 or 1am, so racing could go on all night. Realistically, however, racing will end when the track gets dangerous (i.e., dew settles in, etc), so you're better off picking a start time.

11. truckdude1

truckdude1

OK start time will be the earlier of 5:00 PM or after the last run. That will give us 2 hours to eat and greet before the bands start.

12. bump and a THANKS to TruckDude for setting this up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

13. I will be there and just told some non HAMBers about it, they sounded like they will be comming too....mybe convert them to HAMBERS in the Process !!!!!

14. truckdude1

truckdude1

dragdoc gets credit for the Meat and Greet idea! I'm just the guy posting the stuff.

15. truckdude1

truckdude1

Hey, does anyone have a HAMB banner they can bring?

16. truckdude1

truckdude1

2 1/2 days away, who's comin' to the drags and Meat and Greet?

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Gonna be fun. We might have to snuggle for warmth though.

18. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

The wife and I are in! What do you need us to bring. We have a couple coolers we will bring with couple cases of pbr.

19. truckdude1

truckdude1

You Czars have those nice maroon coats but I really don't want to snuggle with you guys. Maybe a nice Wisconsin PBR girl.

Less than two days till the Christmas tree lights up! Or will this be flag started by hot chicks?

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  20. Hellfish

Hellfish

both

21. truckdude1

truckdude1

PBR is good. Check the link to the Czar board above. We could use a couple of pounds of Cole slaw, beans and maybe chili if it going to be chlly.

22. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

We'll make a big pot of beans that are served hot. It's a recipe that my wife has. Does the grill have a burner that we could use to heat them up?

23. Sorry nitro there is no side burner on my grill. I have an upper rack where small tins could be placed, like disposable aluminun bread pans.

There's always someone's intake manifold.:D

24. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

hmm have to try to figure something out.

25. truckdude1

truckdude1

I'll post on the Czar board asking for some kind of burner device. With the chilly weather, we will need something warm. Plus with beans we can all fart later for extra heat.

26. truckdude1

truckdude1

Only 24 hours till racing starts, everyone say the dragracer's anti-rain prayer tonight!