Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pasadena Roadster Club's Reliability Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 3, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. Ryan ... great pics ... thanks for sharing!

So how long before you add a roadster to your stable? ... I've been told that:

Jack Stewart - Coupes Are For Chickens.jpg

... and after checking out all the cool "PRC Reliability Run" threads here on the H.A.M.B., I'm starting to believe it!

3. Deadender60

Deadender60

Is that Norm in the background of one of those pics?

-Juan

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds like a great time. So, you and Jay drove down to LA in his roadster? Man, that must have been a hell of a reliability run in itself. :D And then did you drive back all the way too and fly back out of Oakland? No wonder you are up posting so late. :eek: Must be tired.

5. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that sounds so rad. I'm jealous! Roadster weather and good pals.. Its stormy here and I had to go to work today. Ok, so "work" is actually band practice but still.. I want some roadster weather. And a roadster. :)

6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Damn, that sounds fun. I would cut the roof off my coupe to make it to that run.

7. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Is Fabian winking at Ryan?...........Dude

8. BLAKE

BLAKE

Right on! Looks like one helluva time... great pics!

9. draggler

draggler

Looked like yall wuz into 1 helluva an adventure ,howdjall make out ? loved the writeup .Thanks again for another literary rundown!

10. Any more pics? ...of the run, not Fabien! Hahahaa... Looks like fun!

11. Great pics Ryan, looks like a hell of a time. So what year roadster are you gonna look for ;)

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn that looks like a cool event. So many quality cars it's disgusting and I would have killed to ride shotgun in any of them.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looks like a perfect day!

14. Year after year this seems like the finest collection of hot rods; best of all hot rods in there element - in motion.

Thanks Ryan!

15. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

Where's my Sawzall?

16. 32to40

32to40

Hey that’s my car on the front page of the HAMB today. Thanks to the PRC for another great run.

17. cruzr

cruzr

Ryan,as i said on Bobs thread, you truly are elusive. I had heard you were going to be there and had planned to hunt ya down . Well the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. With all the bitchen cars and everything else, when it came time to take off with 32gal as her navigator,id all but forgotten the task at hand. Anyway glad ya enjoyed the run, its my second year attending and i am already looking forward to next year.

Cruzr

Attached Files:

18. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

In 2008 I found out this is not a speed event. I told Jim Miller "this time we are going point A to point B, no stops"(well, except for one behind a dumpster in Acton).

Seventeen minutes under 'ideal' time gave us low ET and nothing else.

Jim and I came out for the start, geat cars and weather. I kicked myself for not participanting this year.

DW

19. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

i didnt know what to expect when i got there, as i have never been to this event...it was amazing to see so many kool traditional hot rods there...i'm marking this event on my calendar for next year for sure...

20. Gaters

Gaters

OK Sumbitch! I was out for my first time this year and you sabotage my ride. My leisure hour was spent gettin my hands dirty helping Crewl. Game on pal. Now I know why you left us in the dust earlier at the gas station. Funny how you knew it was the distributor!?!?!?

For those looking for a ton of PRC event pictures and cool video, go to http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470943

21. Ryan....looks like you had a Reliability Run on the way to the Reliability Run,LOL!!!!!!
    Nice pic's dude!!!

22. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

We had a BLAST, and the model A never missed a beat. It did help me decide that I really need a Quick Change under my roadster. (someone called me a 'Nine Incher', and you know who you are...)

Great road trip, great event & weather, and great friends... Just a fantastic weekend all the way around. Had a Lucky tour of the Old Crow Garage, drinks at the Bigfoot Lodge, Mexican dinner with the Branch family and the Texas boys, and a killer car collection/ shop tour on Sunday. Probably one of my best car event weekends ever. Looking forward to next year, and hope to get my same navigator back!

23. Can I come with next year Jay!?:)

24. Flathead Fever

Flathead Fever
    from CA

How did you manage to screw with the ignition on the Calori Roadster when Billy had the cops guarding it?

25. autobilly

autobilly

Jay & Ryan [​IMG]

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's not cheating... It's just being competitive... Your smoke screen was quite effective on Jay. Luckily, I can't smell.

9-incher!!!!

Those aren't cops. That's just a couple of hoods we put in dress uniforms. Worked beautifully.

27. That video rocks!

28. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Liked the pictures and also the video .Musta been fun!

29. Gaters

Gaters

HA! I can understand the competitive nature of the event, can't fault you for that. I was going to mention that you had a bunch of black dots all over your faces there at the gas station but I thought it was a Team Texas Cow thing between you two.

Yes, the smoke was used as a screen and to immunize your lungs to L.A. in a hurry. You thought I was turning around to take pictures. I was adding Marvel Mystery Oil into the tail pipe ends. Where are the smoke pictures or video?? Those would be great!!

30. Gaters

Gaters

Nope! I was right in front of them taking pictures during the run. There aren't many pictures of Ryan on the HAMB so post em if you got em! It was a thrill to see these two in the Tom Slick T Roadster!!! Ran like a charm but a bit squirrelly when he stepped on the gas, phew!

[​IMG]