Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin HAMB'ers...this Monday, Austin Die-cast Drags!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jobe, Apr 27, 2010.

1. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Somebody post video!!!!!!!!!!!

2. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Sounds like fun!

3. Tommy R

Tommy R

Had a great time at my first HAMB outing. Got to meet a few cool folks and check out some very nice rides....

4. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

L.A.W. with the win.congrats.I think you had an advantage with the Jobe finger lift:D.Either way good going

5. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Was such a good time, good friends, beer, and fast cars, what could be better?!? Thanks so much to Bryan for putting this together, from the looks of the turnout, it's gonna be a regular thing!

The Deora, on the other hand, choked big time... :mad:

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  6. D Lux

D Lux
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for putting that together. But I still think there was something fishy going on with the left lane! My Mooneyes car could stay on the track! Either way both my cars were out first round, but the drinks were cheap all night! Good Stuff!

7. BLAKE

BLAKE

Damn, that was fun... just plain fun! Well done, Brian!

My pics are here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BLAKE

BLAKE

Few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Awesome! That was alot of fun last night, thanks for everyone who came out and ran cars...or just came out and watched. Lots of good fun, a little smack talk here and there...had some close racing especially the final! Moe and LAW with a 4 run, last race determines...true heads up racing! Final cars were Moe's sweet stock car survivor and LAW's corvette...she just needed a little staging help!

I've got some things to work out with the track, there was a distinct right lane advantage but overall I think it worked out pretty well.

So how many of you are going to be raiding Toys R Us and Target now? ;-)

Awesome pics Blake!

Ok, we'll do this again in a month, I'll try and work out some kinks with the track, you guys get your cars together and we'll do it again!

Thanks again!

Bryan

10. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

11. Moe

Moe

Let me start by saying…. Jobe .. Brilliant, you have single handedly made the Dog and Duck night … AWSOME !
    To everyone that did not make it to the final … You guys and gals raced hard, and there are some fast cars out there… Next time remember, if your not happy with your race results….. stomp your feet and protest a do over … with a coin flip…. and do pick the faster lane…... Last night it was the right…. About 5 car lengths to be exact…. That can make you a winner… every time !!! ...... :D:eek::D
    I never knew taking second place could be so much fun !!!
    Thanks again … Jobe ..... and congrats to LAW ... the victor... :rolleyes:

12. 54BOMB

54BOMB

That was alot of fun ! I was hoping my twin engine dragster was gunna' pull it off , guess Im going to have to look for a faster ride ... and good lord Blake, I look like I about 8 beers into it, I guess I missed the "smile now" part of the picture taking process :D

13. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Javier - it wasn't the finger lift that gave me the advantage, it was the blowing on the car after each run! ;) Thanks - it was a blast!

Brian - thank you for setting this up. Obviously it was a huge success. I cannot believe my "mid life crisis" corvette took the title. The right lane was definitely faster, but hey, winning the coin toss is part of the race! :cool:

Moe - we definitely need a rematch. I know I was a tad competitive :rolleyes: but I blame that on the beer! :D

Blake - great pics!

Good times for sure.

14. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Great time last night, even though I lost to L.A.W. & DW:(:D

I found a site this morning dedicated to diecast racing and modifications. Lots of interesting info on which brand is faster and how to make them faster.:D

Thanks Jobe for putting this together.

15. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

16. Freeland

Freeland

sounds like a slew of fun was had... hope to make it out next time... and think i have a fix for the rubber tire bounce previously listed by april may... cnat wait to see if it works...

17. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

I missed it but I'll be there next time!!

18. Laura

Laura

Bryan, thanks for taking a conversation and turning it into a fun night. Next time we might need a section of bleachers...dang! I can't stop looking at Blake's photos - that straight up Maniac portrait of DW is fantastic.

Congrats Laura W!

You other fuckers may have prizes, or purses, or pinks, but in Austin on a monday night racing toys in a parking lot, we play for GLORY...pure and simple.

19. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Amen Laurotica! :D

20. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Preach it!

21. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

that looked like a good time, it would be awsum to see something like that take off in houston

22. Laura

Laura

ya'll heard me laughing while I wrote that...right?

too fun

23. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Yea, we know. Us other fuckers were still unpacking our "Hot Rods" from "Drag Racing" at "Little River Dragstrip" on Sunday. Sorry just wasn't able to get the oil, nitro, and hunks of burned rubber off everything in time to make the hot wheels race. We feel like such losers, maybe next time.

24. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

You could have brought your oil,nitro,and hunks of burned rubber to the Dog and Duck,we don't mind.:DHope the real drags were as fun as our Hot Wheels one was.

25. this Effin ROCKS!!! holy Crap.. to hell with moving to San Antonio, I should pass that hole up, and head for AUSTIN!!!! Anyone need a machinist? lol

ok I had to edit this, I should build me a chassis, and make a 1/64th custom using my old Prosthetic eye. Or is that too sick? haha

Attached Files:

• EYE.jpg
      EYE.jpg
      File size:
      381.6 KB
      Views:
  26. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

make a SEE-cab out of it...hahahaha

next time i'm forced to visit the in-laws in corpus crusty I'll bring the track! ;-)

27. Laura

Laura

easy there Bill, you're not sposed to smoke the nitro! makes you all angry and jittery...didn't they teach you that at "hot rod High?"

28. Cool, I will only be here a couple of more months though, I graduate from college this friday with my Associates in CNC/Industrial machining. I am gonna finish fixing up the house, and then moving outta Corpus Crusty... Been here too long.. So I am in the market for a job now. Just have to finish up down here. My wife & son are already in San Antonio, but my Daughter and I are finish up school this year here :) Keep in touch though, I am gonna have to make it up there soon, its only an hour or so away from our place in SA :)

29. Big Kevin

Big Kevin

That sure was a bunch of fun. And great pictures Blake!