Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My MN Metal Meet experience

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinewood, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Pinewood

Pinewood

Just wanted to share some pictures and comments from my experience at the local metal meet that I attended last weekend in Dennison, MN. First off thanks to Dan Pate (route56wingnut) for hosting this event! He's gracious enough to invite guys down and share his tools and metal working experience. There was about 35 or so guys that came over three days to work on projects or share their knowledge on metal shaping.

If you have the chance to attend something like this in your area I would highly recommend it! Jump over to the Metal Meet forum sometime to see if there's something near you. http://metalmeet.com/events/

I brought my coupe down to tackle some things like filling and expanding my firewall, patching some wheel wells and making a new trunk lid skin.

Matt, Marx, and Justin getting set up.
    [​IMG]

The mad man himself! - Dan
    [​IMG]

Marx was there to build a deck lid from scratch for his T roadster.
    [​IMG]

Yep, I think it's going to fit!
    [​IMG]

Rolling that new lid in the english wheel.
    [​IMG]

Peeled open my deck lid
    [​IMG]

Don't look so nervous Matt, ha!
    [​IMG]

If you don't have one of these babies yet, get one on order! It's and Ekhold (sp?) shrinker! Wow, in a matter of a minute or two, after three breaks this thing was looking like a deck lid skin!
    [​IMG]

Sorry, I wish I could remember the guys names who were helping me but these guys took over and showed me how it was done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you were there, please post some additional pictures. - Stefan

2. Very cool, Slingsby looks like Grizzly Adams!

3. studhud

studhud

Wow too cool! I wish we had one in nor cal soon! We need more pics!
    Dave Hitch

4. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Here are more pics from my spring metal meet.Friday started out with a very spirited group including some HAMB members,for which we dont get many showing up at my event.There was the A,a T deck,an Erskin coupe that needed a lot of work done on the rear of the car,and several people building tool stands and things like that.
    Saturday brought out about 35 people from south dakota, iowa,illinois wisc.and north dakota.Many jumped in on existing projects and others were making sample pieces out of sheet metal using some of the different tools and equipment.Todd Sutton put on a seminar on gas welding Aluminum.Always good fun good food and good friends gathering for a common love for sheetmetal and cars.Dan

Attached Files:

5. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

and more pics

Attached Files:

6. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

more

Attached Files:

7. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

pretty awesome to get to do that with a bunch of kool like-minded gearheadz!

8. Pinewood

Pinewood

Ha! Yeah, that was after the spring clean up and all the hibernating critters jumped out!

9. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

for those that didnt get to see or be there

10. speedmetal

speedmetal
    from houston

id love to have an eckhold

11. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

Dan that looks like one hell of a meet!!

Who is that sitting in the wheel?

12. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

That is our resident energizer bunny Jessie Larson aka 60convert on MM Great guy and exelent machinist.We are working on an incredible new shrinker,stay tuned for Kerrys meet as we should have it done for that.

13. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

coolness.... looks likea good time and an opportunity to learn mucho.

14. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I need to log in to the Metalmeet site more often, I can't believe I missed this!!! Guess I was to overwhelmed with gettin the '59 Fairlane done for Torquefest this weekend. I gotta get to the next one.

I see there was a Fall meet last year. Is there gonna be a fall meet this year, or did it get changed to just the Spring meet. Maybe I read the date wrong from last year.....

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  15. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Yes, there will be a fall meet,but I havnt set a date yet.It is allways after the Roadsters swap meet the end of Oct.There is usually a big crowd on Sat. so we also have a hog roast for the lunch.I may have to ask for those that are comming to pre register so I can get a better count of people and projects.Keep an eye out for this event,as the fall meet really fills up.These events are a great way of getting together with like minded folks that have the same love for all things metal.DAN

16. marx

marx

Had a great time. Learned a lot. Dan is an incredible host. Everybody I met was cool and humble, and all were very generous with their knowledge. Guys just drop what they're doing to help a guy out and share what they know. I wish there was a meet like this every weekend! You will certainly see me in the fall!

17. moparmaddnes

moparmaddnes
    from Minnesota

Hey Stefan,
    How did your firewall turn out? Had to leave early for my dad wasn't feeling good. Just finnished with his cemo(sp?) treatment.
    Matt

18. robertsregal

robertsregal

Wow!!! What an opportunity for folks with lots of skill & talent to spread the knowledge of metal work, and what a shop, impressive.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  19. Pinewood

Pinewood

It turned out great. I still have some more welding and finish work to do but overall it fits much better than before.

Good luck with your dad's treatment.

20. moparmaddnes

moparmaddnes
    from Minnesota

Thanks, my Dad is done with the treatments now. I wish I could have stayed to see you guys working on your deck lid. that is going to be a cool car.
    Matt