Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post your "Beatiful Ugly" Cars here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selohssa

selohssa

IMG_6515.jpg

This one always reminds me of the slow alien robot on the movie "Batteries Not Included". In a strange way, I think that it is cool.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a double dose of Mopar ugly...

[​IMG]

3. James427

James427
    BANNED

Here are a couple that I've owned...

The 58 Impala because it is SOOO rough but still beautiful. The Rambler American because it has a face only a mother could love but this one was factory pink metalic with a FACTORY Space Suit Silver interior. The 65 Mustang Fastback because it is the roughest field find I've ever brought back from the dead and that makes it beautiful to me. The Adler Lemans race car because it looks like a plane without wings and had tons of cool history. The bathtub Porsche because, well, it looks like a bathtub but it was still cool. The VW thing cause it's just ugly but still cool. And of course my old Batmobile Desoto.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. Tony D.

Tony D.

The before pic of my 50 Plymouth slantback...

Attached Files:

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one more from the front... 1961 Dodge Dart Seneca

[​IMG]

6. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

7. yikes... but I can't look away

8. Some Studebakers- apologies to the owners.

Attached Files:

9. Heo

Heo

Thats a DKW A.K.A Audi nowadays

Funny but cant think of any ford thats fit this ugly thread
    not before 1970 atleast.
    But mopar has many and Nash/rambler i think ewerything made
    after the war fits

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

I still think my Ol Dodge kustom survivor is pretty ugly but in a cool way :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

I agree, below is a pic of my daily driver:

[​IMG]

12. I love this truck!!!! i want so bad its insane

13. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

what?! an ugly thread with no edsels, heres mine with some beauty in the back. Here it is hauling A$$

Attached Files:

14. One word: GayLord!:p

Attached Files:

15. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

16. <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Aside from the tacked on bumpers, I always liked the look of these Matadors. There was one similar to this at a local car show last year but it was a "Designer Edition" with the Pierre Cardin trim package. The interior had white, orange and magenta stripes running everywhere; seats, door panels and even the headliner if I recall. I think Car & Driver did a current review of it and referred to it as having the "Full Rolling Brothel" interior option. :D

Made a good looking stock car in NASCAR for a year or two as well. Bobby Allison driving???

Hot Rod or Car Craft made a rendering of a Matador Pro Stock back at this time as well, though they explained that the car couldn't be legally built due to having too much wheelbase. Looked good though painted up like a Wally Booth or Maskin & Kanners P/S of the day. Would have really stood tall in a field of Monzas and Pintos.

17. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here's one.

Attached Files:

18. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

I love my Hudson Metropolitan ,but some others dont share my view:/ P4021026.jpg

19. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

That's because Edsel's are not ugly. :D

20. cheveey57

cheveey57

21. cheveey57

cheveey57

22. synthsis

synthsis

I dig the Nissan Cube, it reminds me of an Aquarium.

23. Trichop

Trichop
    from Eaton,Ohio

THat's FReakin KOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Any history ? or old Photos?

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

There are a few other pics in my albums...been searchin for years no idea who built it...luke put it in Kustoms Illustrated and its been on Riksters site for quite a while too . I am waiting for some pics from a former owner who had it in the early 80's to show up (C'mon Chris :D) but his is the earliest history I have been able to find. It was definately a show car tons of chrome, well built just havent a clue who or where !! Its next in line when I get my 47 drivable. I suspect it was built in the very early 60's....

25. 63dan63

63dan63

The last time I posted this picture, they killed the thread...

[​IMG]

I wonder why???

26. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Mutant alien spacecraft from planet X? .....Kinda cool, though.

Attached Files:

27. Mmm, front styling version A or version B? Fuck it, let's combine both!

28. I would have to say my third generation Camaro it looks like shit. The only reason I own it was because I was a dumb ass when I bought it and I can't sell it now. I suppose it is sort of cool because it was my first car. I would trade and car posted on here for that ugly late model!

29. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Tony,

Kinda a funny/sad story that goes with the sixty two Dodges- This vehicle was originally to be built on the 118'' platform & not the 116'' it was produced on. Acting on a bad tip( reportedly overheard on a golfcourse) that GM would be downsizing its' car lineup for the 62 model year, the then president of Chrysler Corporation demanded all design/production work be stopped, just as the run was starting into production, and be downsized to the smaller platforms. As can be imagined, a total nightmare transpired from a design standpoint, and Chrysler Corp. was left with a product it couldn't sell. Virgil Exner, father of the "Tailfin & The Foward look" was head of design during this era, and had just returned to work after recovering from a near fatal heart attack when he found this nigntmare under full sail. He told upper managment there's no way these "plucked chickens" will sell! He was told to just do it! When the sixty two model year turned into a sales disaster Exner got the whole blame, and management used this as a reason to sack Exner.
    It's sad really when you look at Exner's design catalog: '55 Chrysler, '57 & '59 model lineup and his show car work. Exner had more design talent than most of the other's in the automotive business combined, a talent that saved Chrysler from becoming toast in the 50's!

Ah, if only Exner had had Earl's/Mitchell's design budgets to work from-

You guys are sure being rough on my '61 Plymouth & '62 Dart. You musta been raised on boring/dire & vulgar GM design work!

" All great truths begin as blasphemies"

30. rivguy

rivguy

My dad had one of those Dodge Senecas in the early 70s.Slant six, three on the tree, looks like the exact one in the photo. I got to drive it around for a year or so. It was real straight and clean. I buffed out the paint and polished the chrome. My nick name for it was "the Pig". That was when we were living in Oakland, wonder if it's the same one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.