Register now to get rid of these ads!

lakewood bellhousing info needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskooloutlaw, Apr 27, 2010.

1. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

the bellhousing is for my ford 5.0 motor, it bolts up fine but the bolt pattern for the transmission isn't the same as a T10 or a T5 which is what I have. Does anybody recognize this bolt pattern?[​IMG]

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about a picture of the front of the T5 and T10 you have?

That bell housing has the Muncie/Saginaw/GM type pattern. Unsure if it has a formal name.

Your T5 and T10 may have the Ford pattern.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  3. Can't really say what bolt pattern it is by looking at it but seein' that it's for a Ford 302 maybe the pattern is for an older toploader 4 speed.

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I am with Gimpyshotrods, That looks like a gm polt pattern for the tranny. Lakewood made adapter bellhousings but usualy it was ford tranny to gm motors

5. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

It looks like the same bolt pattern as mine and it`s for a toploader 4 speed . If you want to check for sure PM me . And we can get together & check it out I`ve got an empty toploader case to check it by. Gasserman

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The nice thing about that bell housing, and most bell housings from Lakewood, is that the flat area is freakin' huge, so it may be possible to re-drill it to match your pattern.

You will want the register hole to fit the bearing collar precisely, so a spacer might be needed if it is smaller, or light machining if it is larger.

7. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

Yeah both are Ford transmissions the T10 is from a 64 Comet and the T5 is from an 87 Mustang GT

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

There should be a number stamped on the bellhousing and if you look at the Lakewood web site and match the number you will know all about it.