Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pasadena Roadsters Reliability Run This Saturday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

It's that time again , this Sat may 1st is the best one day event is Southern California , I can hardly wait ,

Who's coming ??

2. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I'll be there shooting some pics in my COUPE..........;)

3. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

I'll be there! Unfortunately I've got to work instead of play but I can't wait to see you guys (and a couple gals!) and all your bitchin cars. Our usual driving venue got torched last September so you are in for an all new run! Regardless it should be another great day and a lot of fun. We also have a couple cool new awards to hand out.

See you guys in a few days!

-Dennis-
    Chairman of the event we're talking about

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Can one just show up in 31 coupe, just to watch the "leaving" of all the roadsters (not participating, in the run of course), I'd love to check it out, and take some pictures.

5. TV

TV

If your not trying to run it, there is no reason it can't be there. In my mind anyway.--TV

6. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

There are a few that come every year to check out the roadsters , there is plenty of room to park , bringing your coupe just adds to the show for all of us .

7. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yeah, I would never, attempt to do the run, without being invited, plus I don't have a roadster anyway, but seeing the cars would be fun.

8. HELLMET

HELLMET

going over my roadster tonite and tomarrow checking my p's and q's cant wait. billy

9. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

The Tom Orren Roadster will be there and runnin the route. God help us........I got one of my heroes Norm Jones navigating and I can guarantee you he can build a car a whole lot better than he can read a map. If you see a couple of lost Texan get us back on the right path. Can't wait.

10. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

my father-in-law was invited to attend and will be bringing his '31 rpu. should be a blast!

11. Man, that would be a dream come true to do to that run....a real goal of mine to do at some part of my life.

12. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I'll be there in my roadster. See ya'll there.

13. NealinCA

NealinCA

I'm looking forward to this...hopefully my rpu will be "reliable" this year. The weather is shaping up very nicely...

Neal

14. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

It is cool to show up in a hot rod other than a roadster to have a look and watch the start. My Dad, Richard, will be playing parking lot Nazi as you enter the area and will show the other than roadster hot rods (and civilian cars) where to park.

The only thing we weren't too happy about was a few people showing up with a loaded pickup and a whole car on a trailer trying to play swap meet. We asked them to remove their signs because it's not in our contract with the college and we don't want any reason for the college to start frowning on us. So if anyone is considering such a thing please don't.

Bobby: You planning to register at the run? I never got an application from you.

Billy: I hooked you up with a door number that matches your cars lakes number this year.

Limey Steve: What happened to John Mearns roadster this year? I was sad that I never got an app from him. I love that car!

-Dennis-
    Still chairman of this event we're talking about.
    :)

15. cruzr

cruzr

I will be co-pilot for 32gal..........

16. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

where does it start?

17. McFly

McFly

I can't wait...I had a total blast last year. See ya there!

18. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Dennis , John sold the car , he got an offer he could not refuse ;)
    It is a shame it's a great car & the best we've built ( apart from mine :) LOL )

See you Saturday.

19. Dennis, will you have T-shirts FOR SALE this year? cw.

20. HELLMET

HELLMET

thanks dennis for the #. is gaters chris making it with his el mirage roadster? hope so that roadster hasent been on the road and in public since the 40s. real piece of history. hope he chimes in. billy

21. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Dennis,

I am sorry I did not return the invite and tell you myself that I could not come due to the small fact that I no longer own my 32 Roadster.

I get the occasional twang of seller's remorse and I sure got one the day my registration packet showed up for the PRC run. Sad indeed.

I was hoping to come up in the 36 coupe and see all the cars gathered in the morning, but I was "volunteered" by a friend to help out with a local fund raiser car show for a school on Saturday.

It will be sad to miss it and I hope someone photographs it for us that can't be there.

John

22. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Yes, we will have a limited amount of shirts for sale at the registration booth for $20 each, all sizes. We also have hats for $15 each.

John:
    I hope it went to a real good home and they'll appreciate it as-is cause that was just about as perfect a '32 roadster as they get.

23. OLLIN

OLLIN

I guess its a secret?

24. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

I think it is a secret, but Ollin, you and everyone else are invited out to Dragfest this weekend in Bakersfield at Fomoso Raceway.

25. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I will be there taking pictures for my blog.. Pewsplace.com. I agree with Limey Steve, this is the best one day event if you have a love for old roadsters. Save me a T-shirt and hat.

26. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Lynn: This is the Old Man speaking... Dennis left his HAMB on... What size T shirt? Burger? Thanks! Hope to see you there; it has been awhile.

27. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

Can I also ask were it starts at. Thanks Danny

28. Gaters

Gaters

I'd like directions too. I plan on being there with the roadster but I won't be able to participate. :(

29. DRD57

DRD57

I'll be there.

30. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Start / Finish site:

Pasadena City College
    Adult Education Center
    3035 E Foothill Blvd
    Pasadena, CA 91107