Register now to get rid of these ads!

can you guys help me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by croxxedmember, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

i am in 11 grade and i am doing a paper on americans vs. imports.and i need a few good reasons as to why they are such. i know a lot of them, but i need some better ones. and please don't shred my a** about this question. thanks a lot.

2. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

Americans vs. Imports ...Why there are such? My guess because of where they're made.

How can we help? Need a map?

3. Deuces

Deuces

What's an import???

4. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Support economy
    Creates more jobs
    The birth of hot rods
    Better quality

They don't sound like a weed-wackier going down the road!! Haha

5. Why they are such what? What are you asking?

6. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

style, quality, fins and you dont see any 50, 60, 70 yr old imports rolling around

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You don't want any stickers do ya?
    It all has to do with some American thinking it's okay to buy Japanese cars because the Japanese hire a few Americans to assemble them. What they don't mention is how American people throw their own people under the bus when they buy these cars. Without getting too political, I'll just say drive through Detroit and see how some of them feel about imports.

8. Big Blocks !!
    There's no replacement for cubic displacement!
    There is no feeling that compares to floating down the highway in a big 50's or 60's car, or frying the tires for two blocks in a TRUE hotrod.
    I have owned turbo fed imports, and they are fun to beat on, but the lack style, they lack character, they lack soul.
    Jump into an old piece of american steel and you will know what I mean.
    Oh, and what fordrat31 said.

9. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! You'll be getting some mean looks, that's for sure.... From me and 400,000 + folks that have been laid off.

10. specialk

specialk

I'll just recommend that you go back to your 11th grade class (English/Composition I presume) and learn something about punctuation, spelling and capitalization.

Then, rephrase the question so that it's in complete, coherent, intelligible sentences. Also, note that americans vs. imports is a great big, wide open subject. It could be cars and it could be tools. For that matter, it could be just about any finished goods or something like steel or even as basic as raw materials.

:)

11. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

thank you! that is what i was hopeing to hear. some one has finally told the gospel strait and true haveing had both sides.

12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

If my 17 yr old even mentioned liking jap crap i'd kick his ass!
    (although my daily is a toyota) ssshhhh!!

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Imports are only good for the gas mileage .

There is NO replacement for the brute force and the torque from the Detroit Muscle ! Unless you have ever driven or owned a big block car pulling 425hp from the factory you will never understand what I am talking about . There is nothing better than slamming a 4 speed , smoking the tires and having your back jambed to the back of the seat ! If you do get the change , do it and you will never ask that question again ! There is no other way of putting it .
    You will never get that from any import , NEVER ! Plus we all knew what our cars looked like in a parking lot , unlike the import cookie cutter cars that are sold today !
    You just had to be there !

Retro Jim

14. Be sure to add some photos of what has become of Detroit. Or the mill towns in the South East. Talk about the economic impact of Walmart's almost total imported inventory. Ask why this is.

But, if you don't work on your spelling and punctuation it will detract from what you want to say. Writing is a tool. The HAMB usually sees the proper use of tools as important.

15. frankieC

frankieC

JUST REMEMBER MITSSUBITHY AIR PLAINS BOMED PEREL HARBUR!!!!!!!!!!!(cant spell for s-it
    FRANKIE C.

16. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Looks like they bombed your school house too.

17. metalshapes

metalshapes

I like Imports.

gurneytargaflorio s.jpg

Racer.jpg

penskepits600x445bt1.jpg

19630530indianapolis92lzz6.jpg

1955-Ford-Futura-aka-Batmobile.jpg

Ghia079_2-reg.jpg

08.jpg

ReactorSide-vi.jpg

afxmopars%20932%20%28Small%29.jpg

100_5747.jpg

oddy_indy_aag0042_copy.jpg

All of these left their mark on American Racing/ Customising/ Hot Rodding.

And they are all partly or completely Imported Cars.

18. Deuces

Deuces

......... Umm... Pearl Harbor..

19. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Based upon your question, or lack of one, I'd be really interested if you would take the time to post a copy of your paper on this thread.

I would like to see how one of todays 11th graders view domestic/import cars in whatever form of comparison you are going to use.

20. big creep

big creep

buy american!!!!!! support american working men and woman!

21. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah!... What he ^^^ sez!

22. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Anybody up for a donation drive for "Hooked on Phonics"?

23. big creep

big creep

hoked on fonecs werked fur me! hahahahahahaha:p

24. Deuces

Deuces

I'm broke!..... Laid off, remember??

25. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Personally, I don't care about the correctness of language, in fact in english there are really no rules or laws, just a few guidelines that most people follow when writing. The guidelines tend to help communicate ideas, and so long as the meaning is conveyed, I don't see a reason to nit pick about any rules that may or may not have been broken.

Skilled writers might tend to dispense with certain rules in order to better convey the meaning in their writing. They take this license and we, as readers, allow it because we assume they have done so for good reason.

Unskilled writers oughta to stick to the rules, with things like spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, noun verb interaction and the like. Try this: 1.Think of a coherent thought. 2. Form letters into words and words into sentences and then type them into the box on the screen of your interweb machine. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

26. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I for one would never consider buying/purchasing/being in a foreign car. For every American auto worker there are 7 unauto related jobs created.

Yes the foreign people seen this and there are now many foreign manufacture car plants here on our soil. What the public doesn't understand is that the $$$$$$ being made from cars isn't staying here. Keep building those foreign cars so "other" people will soon have control over our economy. Unfortunately too many of us don't want to be bothered by the "big picture" also if it's not happening in my back yard then it isn't a problem. F'n wake the F up society!

That's my take on foreign cars......

27. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

WE didn't mind the european imports. But we did mind the asian imports. maybe because of ww2. the japs were lying sacks of shit. So we didn't need thar rice burning shit boxes on our land. I think you should remind everyone that ww2 had a lot to do with our dislike for asian import. Many of our fathers were killed by the japs. So how can we accept there cars. Google burl harbor and see what I mean. and the Bertan death march. Study ww2

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hahahha best post on this thread:D

29. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

This Thread is going nowhere.

Thread Status: