Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Fairlane thread, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blades, Jan 14, 2010.

1. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

My old girl, nearly 20 years in my care ,460 ,C6 etc ,Does great skidz :D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Thats one of my Favorite Fairlanes !! I like the look of the formal roof better. Where is she now ?

3. latjo44

latjo44
    from sweden

this is my 62! 351w and c4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Ummm, this car is super bad! I was thinking of raking mines at the front but now you changed my mind!

5. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Sold it back in 1992. It started out at the ford Dealer in Plainville Connecticut (I forget the name) was driving by and just happened to see it for sale used in 1971 one owner bought it there and turned it back in as it was TOO MUCH car for him. :p I had it for 21 years and the guy that bought it from me lived in Ct also.

One test drive was all it took to convince me to buy it. It was the first and only automatic trans car I ever had and I was hesitant to buy an auto but with the wide eyed salesman sitting in the passenger seat one launch on street tires was all it took as the tires were still spinning when it when into second drove straight back to the dealership and gave the man a couple hundred all I had in my wallet to hold it. If I remember right I think it was like $1,900 all in............ sure wish I had it back.

During the years I ran it at Lebanon Valley I ran 35 competitions for trophy stock class in E or F stock auto and won 32 class champion trophys one lose in pure stock the first outing and two red lights for second place in finals over the years. Used to be maybe 10-12 cars in the class in those days.

6. rockabillyrodder

rockabillyrodder
    from Colgate WI

Greendream I have this picture saved I love it!

Attached Files:

7. Fidget

Fidget

That is a cool picture! You need to photoshop out some of the modern back grooud stuff.

8. Blacksnake

Blacksnake
    from Hemet ca

my sons 1962, daily driver, with our other toys.....he is 20 years old gettin ready to go into Army, maybe i will tub it while he is gone!!!

[​IMG]

9. nitroracer

nitroracer

Its a little newer than most, but here is my 68' Fairlane 500 sedan. Running a 357W, modern electronics, and converted to front discs.

[​IMG]

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Love this one.

-Dave

11. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Man a set of Radirs or old Fenton's on the front would make her look even sweeter !! Nice Ride !

12. fbama73

fbama73

A bit too new for the HAMB, but here's my '68 Formal roof 2 door.

[​IMG]

Not a GT, the grill was a swap meet score. She's looking for a new home, I need the space for my '51, and the extra funds wouldn't hurt, either.

13. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Ok guys. I started this thread so here goes.... This is what I've done so far. New leafs, coils, 4 shocks, brakes, carpeting, exhaust, tires, bearings, axle seals, trans modulator, new carb, new plugs, wires. Painted the roof, added spidercaps, fender skirts. '59 Caddy lites, and pinstriping. Hidden stereo in glovebox. The car is getting lowered in the back by 3". I know it's not 100%, but I did the best I could with hardley any money. This has all been in the last month.

Attached Files:

14. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Looks pretty good. I'd rattle can the skirts body color, and maybe shave the door handles at some point.

15. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Door handels will be gone at some point. I hate em too. :mad: I did knock off the useless factory mirror and the antana. My plans are to save thru out the winter and have the car patched and repainted. Rust is not bad and only one spot is a hole. The floor and trunk pans as well as the frame are super solid. I'm debating on weather to get Astro Supremes or Chrome Steelies.
    :confused:

16. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Not a good picture, but it's all I had at work. This is my dad's 66 GT 390. It was the first car he ever owned. He's had it for 34 years now.

Attached Files:

17. ehffone

ehffone
    from california

has anyone seen this wagon....I AM LOOKING FOR IT!!!!

[​IMG]

18. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Here is my 55....272 y-block. dropped 2 inches hood,trunk & bumpers shaved.

Attached Files:

19. Here is mine in its current state as of today. I too have done a few more things to my Fairlane since last posting on here.
    I picked up a electric fuel pump and filter kit. The fuel cell I have fits perfectly in the rear foot well compartment by the tailgate. I now have long tube headers and sold motor mounts.
    A buddy gave me a 35 spline spool for my 9" for free. Since I do not have the money to buy the axle shafts or install the ladder bars set up I have, I plan on running the 8" this year. But holy crap is it hard to find 4.11 or 4.56 used. Not sure I want to spend big bucks on a new set just to run them one year.
    I also picked up some cragar street stars. 15 x 4.5 for the front and 15 x for the year. They came will the brand new tires and new slicks.
    Hopefully i can meet my deadline and be racing by mid June.

Attached Files:

20. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

Oh why Oh why did i not see this thread till now! i passed up a driving 62 last week that was in my price range! :eek: im goin back first thing tommorow!

21. zubbuz

zubbuz
    from pakistan

The Ford fairlane is a Long wheel base luxury version of Australias ..

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Failed attempt at SPAM?

-Dave

23. I had this one back in the '80s, sold it to buy a Harley, now I don't have either. Sure liked that car. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. 63Compact

63Compact

25. UPDATE - Here it's in the shop for alignment, now back on the road after 41 years:

[​IMG]

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, it takes some dedication to hold onto something that long. Details? Is it a pure restoration, or is there a 312 and a McCullough supercharger hiding under that hood?

-Dave

27. No, nothing quite so impressive (or expensive)!

It had a tired 272 & 3spd in it when I got it. Now it has a '55 Merc 292, pertronix insert in a newer Yblock distributor, & Ford 4100 4bbl carb from a '64 390/406 and a toploader 4spd out of a '66 Comet.

A few other mods - Stewart Warner classic gages & no-name tach:

[​IMG]

Older GM bucket seats and an early Falcon/Comet center console with hidden sound system (stock radio remains in the dash):

[​IMG]

As you can see, the interior isn't quite done yet - that's scheduled for this week. Just a driver cruiser - and to take to my 40th high school reunion this summer! :)

28. Turbo442

Turbo442

I'll play ;) Here is my 65 that I had out this weekend. Work on it when I can which isn't often enough. Fresh carb and intake so I had to take it out around the neighborhood.
    I scored the original hubcaps at Turlock and was playing around with some paint and beauty rings on the other side. I think I reallly dig hubcaps more than I used to, they're easy to change out lol!

Attached Files:

29. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Get it! Fairlanes are fun

30. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

My old '57

Attached Files: