Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thinking of buying a Hobart 210 welder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hal_396, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Hal_396

Hal_396

I currently have a 110V P.O.S. Campbell Hausfieled wire welder and I'm looking to upgrade. The Hobart 210 is at the upper end of my price range and it seems to be capable of doing anything I would need to do.

The one thing that concerns me is if it weld 24 ga metal? For the bigger stuff I have a stick welder so I won't need it for that.

2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

not to be a jerk, but there are about 1000 threads on here about best welders for the money... do a search and you will have a ton of proffesionals opinions

3. Hal_396

Hal_396

I really don't want to know anything about any welder but the Hobart 210. I'll do a search and see what turns up. Thanks.

4. Most migs can be turned way down and use .23 wire with no problems.As far as useing 24 ga for body work, not for me.

5. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

I like my millermatic 212. Lots of neat options to make life easier.

Got it here:
    http://www.millerweldersales.com/index.cfm

They have some really smoking deals on several different packages (cart, welder, tank, spoolmate, etc). Quick and if I remember correctly FREE shipping. Real happy with the unit and the company that sold it.

6. Chopped26

Chopped26

I have a hobart stick welder and its been great .I dont think you can go wrong with a hobart for the money and casual use . My 2 cents

7. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

8. fbama73

fbama73

I've used a LOT of different MIG's in an industrial maintenance setting. A LOT of nice blue ones. The only Miller that ever disappointed me was a 110V model, but I don't like 110V MIG's as a rule. (I don't need to hear defense stories of them, I own one, and put a 59 Chevy together with it. But I still don't like them)

I've never been dissatisfied with a 220V Miller. But the finest MIG I ever used was a Hobart. In your shoes, I'd probably buy the Hobie just because of my past satisfaction with the brand.

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

10. I have a hobart 187 and use .023 and .030 with no issues, I would be another one in a minute, I have had 0 issues with it, except that I ran out of gas yesterday!

Brad

11. Hal_396

Hal_396

12. Got the 210 handler, handles well down low for body work.

13. hotrodhomework

hotrodhomework

I have a Hobart 210 and Lincoln weld pac 100 new in 1994.They have been great welders.I have worked them hard both for years.They were in a flood 3+ feet of water the smaller welder setting beside the big one.Blowed them out put fan on them to dry them out and had to replace wire feed motors in both did not get the water out of motors and shorted out.This was in 2006(bad year).I have been using them everday from that day till now.If they both died tomorrow I still would not have a bad thing to say about each of them.

14. plynch

plynch

I have the Hobart 187 Mig and love it, use it for everything. If it is a price point you are trying to stay around check out the Lincoln Migs also, my buddy has one and he really likes it and he has welded with about every machine out there

15. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

hobart is basicaly a miller they come out of the same plant. thats why most hobarts have miller guns. i have the 110 and i love it

16. Hobarts of today are not the same as the older hobarts that were actually made by hobart. I have a Hobart 200 Beta-Mig that I wouldn't trade for the world. Does short circut awesome and spray-arcs like no other. But, it is a true Hobart. Carl

17. Hal_396

Hal_396

I pulled the trigger today and bought one based on your reference.