Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Dean Lowe Roadster Pick up treasures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Dean dropped by today to give me some more treasure to hold for ransom , these are parts I am holding until Steve Hill , the current owner gets the car finished. I already have NHRA timing slips & record certificates, Original HRM photos, window decals & now I have the Last license plate from when it was last run in the 60's along with the last registration & 3 trophies .

Dean is a true Gent & even though he can't buy back his car as Steve wants to finish the car , he is willing to pass on the above treasures.

Attached Files:

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

3. bobscogin

bobscogin

Dean's little RPU is my favorite hot rod ever. Saw it first in Hot Rod when that issue hit the magazine rack at the local drugstore, and it's remained the reason that I'm building a '29 RPU right now at the age of 61. Thanks Dean, for the memories and the inspiration!!

Bob

Dean Lowe likes this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

..... And that folks, is what's it's all about!

5. Ebert

Ebert

Dean is a TRUE CLASS guy...he has gone out of his way to help me with a few things and HE is a damn hot rodding TREASURE! While he may not get his old stallion back., it is FOREVER linked to him, his vision, his passion and provenance! Taking nothing from Steve and his goals of bringng the old girl back to her original glory, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Thanks, Dean!

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

so, how do you pronounce dean's last name?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

8. Dean Lowe = Class Act!

9. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Seems like a real gentleman, a real inspiration for the rest of us.

10. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Haven't seen him post in quite a while, but man - what an awesome gift. Seems like a great guy. And that little RPU was killer. What version is the current owner restoring it to?

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I thought dean posted once that his name didn't rhyme with low...that's why I asked....can't remember what his answer was...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. blackout

blackout

It's pronounced like howe. (how) Don't give away any more of your stuff Dean.

13. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Don't worry blackout it's going nowhere till the car is done , I have it all on display in my showroom for us all to enjoy.

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

It is?
    News to me...I've had it wrong....

15. blackout

blackout

It is a good feeling to know Dean's history is available for others to appreciate. Be a good steward please. The man is a legend and a gentleman. My hope is Dean is reunited with his mighty RPU one fine day, no finer act for the current owner, that would be the ultimate restoration.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  16. That's right Jay, it rymes with HOWE. You learned well grasshopper!
    And don't worry, that stuff is just the "overflow".

17. lowelife

lowelife

Man, I always yell at people for pronouncing my name that way. But what the hell do I know anyway.

18. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

As for passing on all those treasures , it seems that Deans' hotrod perspective is spot on !!

19. Muttley

Muttley

You are a better man than I am, I wouldnt give that stuff up.

20. It's just stuff Muttley. I have something much more valuable, something the current owner will never have. I have all the memories of learing to drive in that Model A, building it with my Dad, racing and showing it, cruising down Highway 39 to Balboa, and taking my wife to be on our first date in it. Those are priceless, and can never be given away.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Im with Muttley, give that stuff up? Man thats the basis for so many memories.

Doc.

22. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

CLASS ACT...

doesnt get better than that

23. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Never truer words written

Spot on Dean.

The stuff is in my display case so all can see the trophies are up too, we have a dedication corner with a couple of trophies from Bill Phy & the Sanford Bros. belly tank from the 1st & 2nd Bonneville too. Great Stuff.

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I love the look of that PU. Really want that look for my close cab I am building.

25. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Wow, beyond cool Dean! Your rpu has brought lots of joy around through it's years. My dad has loved that car since he first saw pics of it long ago. It is really great what you are doing

Dan

26. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Have you got contact details for Steve Hill? I'd like to go down sometime and see the truck and take some pics.

L.P.

27. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Dean is totally cool.
    Those trophies are Killer. Slim

28. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Dean Lowe you are cool sure wish i knew you. man you were living the life way before my time. Nice cars you built.

29. I met Dean Loweeeee at the 2009 GNRS and I'm a richer person for the time spent with him.

30. I can't understand why someone would want to own a vehicle forever identified with the previous owner who would like to have it back ?