Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA Knoxville 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodBen1987, Apr 20, 2010.

1. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Don't mean to open up a can of worms or hear everybody complain about new cut off year, street rods, etc. just wondering whos goin and when? Me and dad and some other guys are leaving Thurs morning. Lookin forward to a good time and we'll see ya there

2. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Ben I wish I could go but I have to work. Have fun see ya in Louisville.

3. thequietwon

thequietwon

I'm coming down on Friday...going to sell some of my old ford steel wheels & some banjos. Late model cutoff or not, this is still a great show, in a real nice location...
    Sam

4. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Dang well ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And yea see ya at the Nats!

I agree Chilhowee is a sweet place. I'm kinda anxious to see how the turnout is and how many pre-49 guys ain't gonna be there. It seems like 90% that I've talked to said they're done; guess we'll see...

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've posted this before but after being a vendor a OKC the sky didn't fall with the 30 year rule and the mix was about what you see at a GoodGuys show. The guys staying home will be the losers in this deal.

6. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

X2. What krylon32 said. OKC had a great mix of cars. Our crew was the last ones out on fri. and sat. we were super busy and have to go back up to stripe more cars in a few weeks. :cool:

7. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Yeah i definitely want to go see for myself before I just up and say I'm not going anymore. And yea GG shows are pretty cool but i loved the NSRA shows because they were pre-49. If i want to see the 50s and 60s cars i'll go to goodguys...But yea who else is gonna be there???

8. scooterp0019

scooterp0019
    from tennessee

i will be there

9. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Far be it me to be one that kicks a dead horse. I have said it many times before that it isn't that I dislike post '49 vehicles. I own more post '49 than pre.

" The guys staying home will be the losers in this deal" is exactly the response that I can't accept. My point of view is that I go to 6-7 GG's events a year and love everyone of them. One or two times a year I choose to enjoy the pre '49 events. Those events I am well aware of the cutoff and for that very reason I choose a NSRA weekend as opposed to other options.

Now I am not going to paint myself in a corner and say I'll never go to another NSRA event but I can tell you this, If a current NSRA event and GG's event were in the same town on the same weekend you can be assured I would never grace the gates of the NSRA event. I have for years tolorated the NSRA and its general lack of respect for us the customer. So maybe just maybe you can understand its the chance to view streetrods on a given weekend that some, no a lot, of people desire.

10. I'll be there,,HRP

<-------------- DRIVING THE TRUCK AGAIN

11. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm kind of with T-time in sentiment, but I've got a long history with this show dating back to the early 80's. there's two of us coming over from Mount Airy on Thursday, and the rest of the family and a fair number of the club (some in "protest vehicles" coming from Asheville then too.

In my cover lettert to NSRA with my registration (I sent it 3 days after the official deadline and I'm #1766 for what its worth) as said I'd give them the benefit of the doubt here, but if I don't like what I see this will be my last NSRA show. I could have swallowed a 72 or even a rolling 40 or 50 much easier than the rolling 30. I guess we'll see.

12. Topper

Topper

I have gone to NSRA events since the 70's. I was a vendor, not swap meet, for many years. I still go to the Nationals because my wife and I enjoy it. I use to attend about 5 events a year. I will now attend two, Knoxville and Louisville, and have not been a vendor for 8 years. Was treated like shit as a vendor and have voted with my money. GG is not much different. I do have a pre 48 and a 65. I go to the smaller shows like Frog Follies who really appreciate the people. Screw NSRA.

13. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

Going up on Sat for the day ( got a few small parts to find for the 29 Hi-boy PU ).
    Not driving the 69, to me a street rod is 1948 and earlier. I am like Ben, if I wanna see or display my Post 48 stuff I will go to GG's

14. Have you ever attend the Knoxvlle show?

Why are you beating a dead horse?

HotRodBen1987 is mearly asking who's going ?,,, not if you like the way NSRA does it's business not if you like it! HRP

15. I never missed the NATS South until I moved to Texas - it and the Nationals were my favorite big events! I did get to attend the 2009 NATS South and it's still good! However, Chilhowee Park can get crowded and I can't imagine what it will be like with NSRA opening the event to later model cars!

Buckshot40

16. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

No need to argue, thanks to you who answered the question and I understand a thread like this is bound to have opinions on NSRA, the new cutoff year, etc. I have been going to Knoxville and Louisville for a good while now (not as long as many of you) and I have a great time at both. I'm not giving my NSRA membership up yet and I plan on attending the NSRA shows until i stop having a good time. Those who are going, see you there!

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there with my 40 as I go every year

18. Agree with you Hot Rod Ben I'm going to contiue to go until its not fun no more.The wife enjoys the NATS every year.But we will not be at Knoxville she has to work an I would'nt roll out without her an my dog.Have a great time!!

19. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Anybody having one of those meet and greet things? Oh and I'll be up there in my blue model a sedan as always and ill have my 67 c10 for sale, dad has a white 34 chevy 4 door sedan, one of our buddies will have a black 37 chevy sedan, and i think a gold chrysler 300 will be with us too

20. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

look for my delivery and say hi. we'll be on the other side of the road (through the tunnel where the set up specialty roads) set up where the pavement meets the grass where our club's landed every year since noah parked the ark.

21. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I have been to knoxville for the last 15 years or more, Well it looks like this year is the year to go to bowling green and watch the 10.5 outlaw drag races. Time for a change. Pre 1980 not for me. Too many other events to go too.

22. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

23. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

There should be 6 cars going with us this year.One of them a 57 chev truck the others pre48.I have been going to Knoxville since it moved there from NC.I love the area and look forward to going back every year.If it is a bust this year we might try GG Nashville next year.Will have to wait and see.I do know a lot of people not going because of protesting NSRA.

24. I'll be going down friday.

25. Customs&Color

Customs&Color

I'll be heading up Friday morning and staying through Saturday, as long as it doesn't rain like it has for the last few years.

26. vert1940

vert1940

i will be in the group with lstwsh,40 merc convert.we go because of the drive,the people and the fairgrounds...oh yeah,the food too!.
    did not know who it was in the blue sedan,now i know,hot rod ben...he drives the piss out of that thing.HRP...see you there

27. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

I'm going to try and go this year if it doesn't rain. What's there doesn't bother me. It beats being at work or sulking in the house because my feelings are hurt. You've heard the statement before opinions are like A@#holes everyone 's got one. I just laugh it off and enjoy myself. If I make it there and you are there look me up and come over and shoot the breeze. Black model A coupe from Washington County Tenn. Oh and one more parting shot....my car will be TRAILERED there....hahaha (the blashemy).....I bet I'll still have as good a time...

28. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Yeah, I'll be there. If something doesn't rip, ravel, or come unglued.

29. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Yeah I agree and I've been to GG Nashville the past couple years and it's a good show, I just never could get into it as much as the NSRA shows i've attended. Last year was my first to GG bowling green tho and i def had a good time, aside from almost freezing. Next year I'll dress warmer :D

hope to see ya there. and yea i do cruise around a lot :)

totally agreed im goin til it stops bein fun. and why not drive? ;)

30. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Rip me a new asshole I don't care. I always feel like I've lost something if I stay home from an event over something like the 30 year rule. I'm 65 and was sitting in the lobby at the headquaters hotel during Thursday registration and I felt like a kid. It ain't hard to see why the new year limit came into being. It's about survival and unfortunately that seems to offend some of you. Would it be better to see an organization/business like the NSRA just fade away as their members die off or go to the home? I don't think that would benefit our hobby very much. From a vendors standpoint one of my chassis sales at OKC was to a man who had a late model at the show and was starting a model A on a deuce frame project. That's one of the things that will happen in my business as a result of the change. We live in America and at the present time we can still make a choice of what we do and where we go. I'll live with my choices and you live with yours!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010