Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 'Ugly Cars' & Audi!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nolly, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

The Audi looks to be miles beyond in terms of engineering and refinement... but what's the fun in that? :p

2. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Thats a great commercial! The rods on their were very nice and the R8 is an amazing car. I can understand what they were doing in the commerical however I think it would have been a better commercial if they would habve choose some vettes and some other new cars to be put in there. Dont get me wrong I would snatch that R8 up in a heartbeat!

3. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

VAG products in general are very nicely assembled, fun to drive, decent looking, unreliable crap. Audis are tremendously complicated and break very often. I'd shop one based on how comfortable the chairs in the dealer service department are, and whether you get coffee and donuts gratis.

-KK

4. i think all the cars apart from the `stockcars` had vinyl graphics applied...it seems to be a fashion over here at the moment...we have an ad for online bingo showing girls washing a `55 streetrod and even an ad for a tobacco substitute showing female flagged 50`s drag racing

for fucks sake dont show the ad guys rat rods:eek:

5. Why would Audi have mentioned it, to the "suits" all the hotrods were just disposable props! I'd bet every single one of the those hotrods will still be around long after the R8 has been disposed of and the consumers have moved on to the next flavor.

6. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Beautiful, just a wrench here, a paint job there. mmm....

7. My last daily driver was an AJS platform sedan , aluminum V8, 260ci - 285hp, tiptronic trashmission, etc... it lasted 16 months was a great euro trash sedan right up until I got a $3000 "estimate" for repairs.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I certainly agree with you. If they wanted to "compare", and that seems like their point, wouldn't you want to compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges. A new Vette, BMW, Porsche, etc, would have made awhole lot more sense.

9. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Isn't that the case with any new car? Now matter what badge they wear?

Like a 70 year old rod is reliable :D..... LOL

10. big creep

big creep

this commercial made me think of the sesame street song, "one of these things doesnt belong here" i think thats how the song goes. well anyways it was a pretty cool clip!

11. the-rodster

the-rodster

Ha, the guys in the old hot rods were having more fun out there.

They're asses weren't puckered about wrecking a $220K car :)

Rich

12. Such a cool commercial & all you come out of it thinking is about some guy's ass.

Why am I not surprised?!?!?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JH

13. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

i liked the hot rods and the Audi...guess Im just a car fan. Damn there is alot of bitching about a new car hahaha.... my pecker is too big to let things like that bother me.

14. the-rodster

the-rodster

[QUOTE="Whitey Ford" 62 Uni;5151329]i liked the hot rods and the Audi...guess Im just a car fan. Damn there is alot of bitching about a new car hahaha.... my pecker is too big to let things like that bother me.[/QUOTE]

Would it make you feel better if we talked about Whitey's pecker?

Rich

15. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.........now thats funny

16. 62rebel

62rebel

the chairs in our service dept are very comfy and the coffee is free. if you're there often enough {wink wink nudge nudge} our service dept will do your repairs at our expense {at least thats what we tell you}.
    we have been asked not to tune in Fox news because it upsets the bluebloods to hear such negativity all day.

17. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Sorry to burst the bubble but all the stock cars and the rods were driven by professional stunt drivers and the set apparently took ages to choreograph and set up. The owners got to watch from the sidelines.

The Anglia in slo-mo is indeed a HAMB member, for more info on that car read the latest Old Skool Rodz issue which co-incidentally has a feature on it. (I know, I wrote it!)

L.P.

18. RDR

RDR

no different than 90% of the ads today...MAKES NO SENSE

19. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

I like it....&....I want one....

20. I'll leave that to you & Whitey.... :p

JH

21. customcory

customcory

Our car manufacters couldn't make a commercial that good if they tried.:D

22. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I'd be the first to ram that Audi. I bought a brand new Audi GT in 1985. It was an ok car for 3 years and then it literally fell apart. You name it, I replaced it. By the time I sold it 4 years after buying it new, the passenger window was held up by a 2" X 4" chunk of wood inside the door. I've stuck to domestics (other than a brief time with a Lexus SC400) since then and they have never let me down.

23. Weasel

Weasel

Well I think it is cool that finally there is a commercial that shows hot rods, jalopies etc. at least hats off to the advertising agency for breaking new ground. As for Audis - had 'em but never had one long enough to get expensive repair bills except when the digital dash blew up in my original 1985 Quattro and the brakes failed completely....

24. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Kinda cool! :cool:

To bad the U.S. car makers can't make a interesting commercial like that, but that's probibly why the big three is trying to climb out of the toilet! :eek:

The Audi looks like a fun ride! :D

25. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Perfect commercial...
    Anyone like me too who would pick the rods over the audi, loved that part of it...
    And anyone who would buy that audi because they saw it on tv is satisfied that the advertisers recognize that he really is better than the uncultured dregs and therefore properly deserving of his blue blood cash...

LOL!...
    Hey y'all remember the photoshop flap where car and driver doctored a BMW into a pic racing a Nova Gasser last year?
    image_cd_galleryBullshit.jpg

I caught the end of the flap and made this fake news story up back then but it didn't get out much
    savageBMWrace.jpg bmwDumpsterRace.jpg

26. Hotrod7

Hotrod7

God i'd give anything to see one of those jalopies just totally k.o. the side of that Audi. And the best part is we could fix the jalopy.

27. SOLO

SOLO

Wow, I like this. Audi has made some great commercials lately. I haven't seen this yet, and I work at a Audi dealer. I work there to support my car hobby. The R8 with a V10 sounds awesome. It would be nice to have a R8 or even a new Audi to drive everyday, but new cars aren't cheap. I guess I will drive my 15 year old Audi daily and my hotrods when my Audi is in the shop! Cool ad.

28. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

that dam outie was blockin my vision of the cool cars! the hotrods were handling just as good as the outie. they werent clammin into each other and they were doin the burnouts!

29. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

30. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

God Damn that's cool. I'd take the Audi too, if one was offered as a gift!:D