Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your favorite Car magazine...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I changed my mind.

Kustoms Illustrated

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

TRJ...

However I just gotta offer in the mail for three years of HOT ROD for $20....Yep THREE YEARS....Thats 56 cents an issue....Now I dont really like Hot Rod specially latley but DAMN thats a good deal....wish I could get a R&C sub for that....

I'm still tryin to talk myself out of it just cause I really dont need it.....but then the evil voice in the back of my head tells me...."It'sa good deal holmes"

And you know how it is with good deals...

sigh, I need a step down program or somethin.

3. Actually, Cars Illustrated has them all beat.

Too bad I let someone check my copies out years ago... and haven't seen them since.

John Kiewicz... if you're out there, send me my magazines! :D

Sam

4. Rodders's Journal is by far the best. The worst is Backgammon Digest.

5. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

NZHRM & TRJ for the best.
    Issue one of "1 percent" should be here in a couple of days, should be good also.
    Fast 4's and Rotaries for the worst.

6. chriseakin

chriseakin

Anybody ever seen Chrome and Flames? European magazine - hot rods, customs and restored American Iron, but I got it because they had stuff (cars and bikes) you never saw in north american magazines. The english was second rate but the pictures were decent and the girls were cute. Not sure what happened to it, but it stopped showing up on the newstand.

7. Rikster

Rikster

Chrome and Flames is still available over here in the Netherlands.. and I think in Germany and France and Belgium as well.

But I never even open it up in the book store anymore... BAD!!!! magazine.

However in the early 80's it was all I could get where I lived. SO it really helped me get on track with what a liked... and not. Later... I found the real magazines like Rod & Custom etc...

8. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Rod and Custom and the Rodders Journal are my favorites

9. springer

springer

My favorite is Traditional Rod and Kustom. Great pics and articles. Worst would be Motor Trend. Yawn.

10. teddyp

teddyp

being a kustom guy frist kustoms illustrated is my frist chioce luke does a hell of a job wish it came out each month .rodder,s journal is a good rag too

11. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Glad ya liked it! We did CI between 1985 and '88...at which point it morphed into Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. That's when I jumped ship and went across the river to Harris to start Street and Strip Supercar and Mopar Action
    If I could find the right publisher, I'd love to do another low-buck, blood and guts book like Cars Illustrated again.

Tony

12. Labold

Labold

This past month of Cat Fancy has to be one of the best.

13. choke

choke

I really like the old Super Stock magazines when the A/FX cars starting turning into Funny Cars!!!

Attached Files:

14. ken1939

ken1939

Currently, I have to say its Legendary Ford Magazine. Its one of the few that is cover to cover. Saddly, due to costs, they had to go to online only version of the magazine. I wasnt a huge Ford guy, but the backround information and stories are so good, I really learned alot about some of the early Fords. They do stories on mainly 50s to mid 70s. They have a sister magazine Legendary GM as well.

15. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

(1) TRJ......hands down, the BEST out there.....
    (2) HOP UP......sorry Mort, #1 in my heart but #2 on my list
    (3) Hot Rod DeLuxe.......wish I could subscribe
    (4) Kustoms Illustrated.....great job Luke!
    (5) Rod & Custom
    (6) Traditional Rod & Kustom
    (7) Sheep Rodder

CB

16. krome

krome

We work hard on ours

Sunday Slacker

but rod and custom and Rodders Journal

17. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Love the job Luke does with KI but for a mag that has more all around info .....give me anything Freiburger is associated with. The guy ROCKS......even though he IS a Mopar maniac!

18. Rod & Custom, I've been getting it since the 1960 issues (except for that period when Peterson suspended publication).
    (Also like Hot Rod, TRJ, Street Rodder, Circle Track)

19. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Favorite - Hot Rod Magazine 1948 - 1961ish

Least Favorite - Hot Rod Magazine 1961ish - Current Issue

20. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Traditional Rod and Kustom also----those guys are pioneers of the "new" retro movement.

21. Traditional Rod & Kulture !!! not Kustom .

22. Spike!

Spike!

Great Mongo..now he hates us..hahahahaha

TRK is my fave too...least favorite is Nunz With Gunz. I only bought it out of habit.

Spike

23. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Out of habit, Spike??? Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!!!
    ...and HATE is such a STRONG word....I try to keep that stuff in check.
    I actually have an issue of TR& KULTURE in arms reach of the computer but rather than pick it up, I looked at a previous post where someone had mis-named it. He/she like I, probably had no idea Mongo and the title police were lurking on the HAMB waiting to pounce!
    Seriously, I can't even remember why I did not renew my script to ya'lls fine mag---I was on board in the beginning when they arrived at the house in a regular old 9x12 with the address handwritten! Send me a pm with the link to sign up and I will get back on board.
    Eddy in Dallas

24. 51delivery

51delivery

I buy and sell vintage magazines and I think Car Life in the sixties is my favorite. I likes the color photos. I get a lot of calls for Autobuff from the 1980's

25. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Street Rodder. I like the cars featured in it, and I really get a lot of info from the tech articles. The "lifestyle" type mags are fun to look at, but there is very little useable information there.

26. hemi

hemi

Funny, the newest issue that popped in my mailbox today is badass and full of Hamb-friendly stuff... a kustom, even.

27. DrJ

DrJ

I've been reading R & C since Nov '61 thru all it's ups and downs, models and GoKarts and all.
    I think it's on an "up" right now with good articles and photography and insightful editorials from R F.

I bought TRJ for a long time but quit when it appeared to me they were intentionally bending history in an article. I don't need that.

I also sub to HOTROD and just sent some money in for a cheap sub to SR, I hope.
    After hearing about some fake sub offers I'm just not sure!

28. freebird101

freebird101

Hot Rod Deluxe, R&C, Hot Rod and Street Rodder

29. hemi

hemi

For that kind of stuff, yes they do...er, did. For current bathroom fodder, Car Craft is rockin right now...