Register now to get rid of these ads!

Year and make of this pickup???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geemann51, Apr 17, 2010.

1. geemann51

geemann51

My buddy Eltoro has a chance to inherit his abuelo's pick up and he sent me the picture in hopes of figuring out the make and year. Perhaps its the head cold, but I cant seem to nail it down. Anyone else want to take a stab? Much appreciated....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. Hudson, I believe.

Nope not squatty enough. Maybe a chopped down sedan. That door looks funny.

3. metal man

metal man

36 Fargo?No ,the roof is different.Some type of MOPAR though me thinks.Not too sure yet.

4. F&J

F&J

I first saw the windshield shape and thought mopar...but the rear fenders don't look like mopar. Did you notice that the beltline details on the door do not follow onto the hood?

5. F&J

F&J

Maybe you got it. Does the rear fender look like a seam to where it was widened?

6. geemann51

geemann51

I do and I'm starting to think this might be a custom job, I mean look at the name of his business; he'd certainly be capable, but I cant match that cowel detail either....

7. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

International maybe?

8. metal man

metal man

Yeah, the top ends very abruptly. I was thinking built from a sedan too . I've not seen anything like it . Also the door is longer than truck doors from the time,like a 2dr sedan.

9. It has artillery wheels, I know the list is long but what all came with artillery wheels?

10. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Looks like a Mopar '35-'36 Possibly a two door sedan with the bed added.

11. BobPer

BobPer

Hi, Looks like a composite/custom. The main body is a cut down 35 Plymouth passenger car. Front fenders, running boards, hub caps and artillery wheels from the same 35, therefore would also expect the chassis and running gear to be 35. Not 36 because of the rounded bottom corners of the windshield (36 was pointed), the smooth edge around the wheel openings (36 has a raised bead), 35 has 2 hood handle per side (front and back corners) whereas 36 has one in the middle, and no extra formed body line around the side window opening (36 has this extra feature). Hood has the round trim circles on the louvers removed. Rear fenders and bed are from something else. Fenders are similar shape but they are too wide (they stick out past the running boards). Bob[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Yep. 35 Plymouth Sedan. Looks very nice done up like a pickup.

13. metal man

metal man

I looked at a bunch of pics. It's a 36 Dodge 2dr sedan with a bed .The hood and door mismatch is the way they were made, kinda weird . I'd like to see a pic of the back of the "cab".

14. metal man

metal man

:rolleyes:Those guys were quicker than me^^^^^^

15. F&J

F&J

Someone said the hood sides are not the same..so maybe custom? If so, maybe it's got a real old time custom nose?

I can't tell if the hood has a center hinge...should a mid 30's have one, right? so is the hood custom?

16. I still say more like a 35 plymouth...check out the windsheild and hood sides. Here is what I found.
    Dodge
    [​IMG]

Plymouth
    [​IMG]

17. geemann51

geemann51

Well there you have it, I'd have to say 35 Plymouth, thank you all! White Brothers and Bobper, you know your stuff. It was fun playing name that car with y'all this afternoon....

18. I wanna see what that thing looks like nowadays. Please post pictures if he gets it.

19. geemann51

geemann51

You and me both, apparently it is still in Mexico, so this might just be the start of an adventure....

20. metal man

metal man

Yep, Plymouth. I was focusing on the doors mostly.

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

the plymouth hood does'nt have louvers inside the trim

22. Definitely NOT a Hudson or Terraplane. I'd tend to agree with the '35 Plymouth theory. A chopped-back sedan or coupe.