Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jeff Neppl's 50 Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46fatford, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Damn!!! Thats a poster right there :D Baddass Merc Jeff!!!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

2. Thanks ! Im doing some small things to it right now,this pic was before I put my goodyears on it,so you can see the front tires look to small but oh well,thanks again. I really dig your merc and the story how you got it !!! How is your merc these days?

3. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

its awaiting resto at the moment Jeff, meanwhile I replaced the gastank and gave it a tune-up and have been driving it around a little ive taken it to Bobs broiler in Downey a couple times :D

4. I need to see that car in person!!!!!!:D

5. Hey whats up John? Your merc looks GREAT!!! As far as your question.... I dont know if I would call it metallic but it has a very suttle kind of something to it.Keith mixed it up so I dont know the exact details.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  6. [/QUOTE]

FUCK! That's just one amazing car! Maybe someday mine will look half as nice as your Merc,Jeff...
    How much longer til it's on the road again?

7. billys54

billys54

I love that car

8. Thanks for the compliment Bob but I think you are just pulling my leg:D. Dude I forgot what its like to go sledding,its been so long.We are running into some problems so I dont know how long it will be.What do you mean your car looking half as good someday:rolleyes:???? You are too funny.[/QUOTE]

You've got me confused with someone else! I don't kid about Mercs! I would die to have that car,and so would 20,000 other guys! I'm just waiting to go cruising with both our Mercs when you're rolling again!
    Half as good,cause you car's got the "look"! And i'm jealous of that interior!!!

9. 51 mercules

51 mercules

You've got me confused with someone else! I don't kid about Mercs! I would die to have that car,and so would 20,000 other guys! I'm just waiting to go cruising with both our Mercs when you're rolling again!
    Half as good,cause you car's got the "look"! And i'm jealous of that interior!!![/QUOTE]If I ever get out of the hole I'm in and get my Merc going. I would love to cruise my Merc with Bad Bob and Jeff.

10. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Who would not want to follow them two Mercs down the road!!!! That would be a dream...... Cool Cool Cars....

11. 51 mercules

51 mercules

So true.

12. Great...I could see that now...
    "Hey that's a nice Merc!
    Jeff:Thanks. It's the last Mercury Dick Dean chopped.
    WOW!"
    "I like yours too!
    Greg:Thanks,it's a surviver done way back in the 50's.
    Unbelievable!"
    "Tell me about yours!
    Bob:It burns oil..."
    hahaha!!!

13. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

That is a perfect chop!

14. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Correction.Theres Bob's Merc,the one they modeled the diecast car after.

15. rtfink

rtfink

From another Dick Dean fan, your car is beautiful.

Tony

16. crossroads

crossroads

More people need to quit reading magazines like Ol Stool Rodzzzzzz and Rebel Rodzzzzzzzzzz , learn from the original magazines and builders, learn the history of custom cars , then build quality traditional cars like this !

17. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Jeff,that is one kick ass sled.There is nothing I "don't " like about it.

18. Fermiumhalo

Fermiumhalo
    from Japan

Who made the rear tails in the bumper guards? I attempted to make some for my '49, just curious if those were bought or custom made?

19. Wow, what a tastefully done Merc. Very clean and not over done.

20. Thanks man,I just tried to keep it simple,just trying to get it back on the road now:D.It has been a long time since I went sleddin.

21. [​IMG]
    Well finally back on the road under new power. It was the first real Maiden Voyage and I had to go to the destination where all early custom owners went to back in the early days....Balboa.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  22. Awesome news Jeff!! Glad to see it back on the road.

23. Thanks dude,it sure does run like a total different car:D.

24. That's okay.......I didn't want to go anyways,Jeff!......

25. I was off and I got my girl to ditch work for half the day and then we were off.Seal beach first then down pch to this slice of heaven.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  26. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Loving this picture!!!! keep them pics comming...

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm getting close for my maiden voyage and by looking at your picture, its not going to
    be as kool. It is hard to find palm trees in Okieland. Congrats on getting it back on the road.

28. I'm jealous!!!!!!! Love the pic's....Take one next to the Gazebo,by the Pier!
    You gotta be quick though,haha!

29. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Beautiful but I want to see pics of the Caddy

30. Jeez, that car is PERFECT!

Although I can appreciate something on almost any car I see, I always think to myself "It's nice, but I would have...". Jeff, I can honestly say yours is the only car I've seen where I would change NOTHING.

I will never tire of images of your car. Makes my 5 year search for the right Merc seem worthwhile (know of any?).

-Dave