Register now to get rid of these ads!

What gets built in a small garage ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 17dracing, Apr 11, 2010.

1. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Well here is my garage shot , I have a small two car garage , 4 wheelers and mini bikes on one side, shop tools on the other , and have just enough room for my Sedan and a 60's era front engine dragster in the middle , But my little garage sure has had some cool stuff built in it . So lets see some pix. of the little garages and lets see what you got ??

Attached Files:

2. davis574ord

davis574ord

My garage is smaller than yours and i have built award winning cars out of it, it doesnt matter the size of the shop, its what you do with the space that counts!

3. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

I don't have the photo.. But I remeber seeig. A picture of Lil John Buttera in his home garage once. It wasn't that big of a place. It was one oglf the most inspiring pics I have ever seen. Had him sitting at a drafting table you could see all his tools. Drill presses etc.

4. stlrider

stlrider

Buickmikes 53 built two different times in a one car garage with so much junk in it you have to clear a path just to get near the car.

Attached Files:

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I have a two car garage. But my wife and kids stack enough shit in it that I can barely walk around both sides of my truck when its inside. I do some pretty amazing things considering the space and stone age tools (rocks and sticks, lol) I've got. You make the most with what you have.

6. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I have a 12x20 garage right now. By the end of summer I hope to have a new 16x22 built on the other side of the yard. A double garage would be paradise!
    [​IMG]

7. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

From this
    [​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]
    for less than a grand in a garage converted to a room that was kinda used as a garage. that space there in front of the bed was my work spot and i had some tools in another small spot in there. talk about caveman stuff. but you gotta keep busy even when all your good shit is in storage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. daddylama

daddylama

used to have a 2800 square foot barn that was converted into a shop...

now ive got a wee 232 square foot carriage house.

either way its the same: still lose tools i set down 30 seconds ago.

only difference now is i can only squeeze one car in... and the smaller the car, the better. gotta roll the motorcycles into the drive or yard, too. totally usable, though.

Attached Files:

9. First a HA/GR... now a FED.

I can die anytime now, and my life will be complete.

Sam

10. firingorder1

firingorder1

This my "Bermuda Triangle" that swallows tools and parts with ease. But I built my sidecar there (the floor was the jig for the sidecar). The sidecar and the Norton are both El Mirage record holders. It has three bikes and the sidecar plus all the junk I can't bring myself to throw away.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

11. Chopperman

Chopperman

I spend more time pulling everything & out putting it all away than I do fabbin:(

[​IMG]

12. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Not built......but it has been re-built in here, luckily i can take both the front and rear out without needing to much space around. Hood sides and top off and you can work on it.

[​IMG]

13. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

Mine. Works for now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

I do 99% of my work out of an old single car garrage in a dirt alley with enough shit packed in it to fill a large landfill. I actually painted both my 68 and my 56 in that alley. You gotta work with what you got right!

15. billy zz

billy zz

16. John in Oz

John in Oz

You are fortunate to have a shed, when I was a young fell we didn't have the luxury of a shed and built them outside, the good thing was we only had the rain to contend with and not so much snow.

It depends on the wanna if you build one or not, wanna is I wanna get this thing on the road or track.

Now days I have 6 car accomodation and still not enough room.

17. "You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.":p:D

18. Here's a few I built in my little garage...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  19. 1934coupe

1934coupe

36 Willys P/U got rebuilt in a 10x20 attached garage, boxed the chassis and new motot mounts, had the P/U bed in the den for the time. Got it done pretty quick, was a lot younger then circa 1970.

20. Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

21. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

DUDE, I thought my 2 1/2 car garage was tight. I will no longer complain.

22. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

A garage, what is that? I don't even have a carport. My poor 68 caddy sits out in the open in the driveway.

23. Cool shots...belly tanker...193MPH....far-out...

24. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Everybody likes a little ass, but nobody likes a Smart-ass!:D

25. Monty Pythons Flying Circus:D Its a great sketch
    Lars

26. choke

choke

Built lots of drag stuff over the years out of 750 sg. ft. Enough for two cars and tools. You just have to work efficiently.

Attached Files:

27. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

Mine is not as small as some, but certainly not as big as I would like! It's a 12x17 single car garage, and there are two bicyles, two vintage karts, two motorcycles, a mini bike and a dragster in there, along with a workbench, drill press, MIG and TIG welders, a bench grinder and a vice. Certainly have to move something in order to work on something else...

[​IMG]

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Not done yet, but this is being built in my small one car garage...

[​IMG]

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Proof that it's all in how bad you want it. I have to kick myself in the teeth sometimes when I complain about space. I can fit 3 cars in my garage and I still feel like I need more. I need to appreciate what I have for sure and start making better use of it because my shit does not look as good as you fellers with one car garages!

30. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

ive got lots of hours there! just sold my 27 and got the volkvenwagon in there. which lasted two nights till i brought another tudor home!

Attached Files: