Register now to get rid of these ads!

35-36 Fords

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dooley, Apr 26, 2006.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am still struggling with my '35. I have gotten a bunch of shit done but there is pleanty more to do. This is pretty much the stat that it's in right now.

[​IMG]

2. Built this one ten years ago still enjoy'in it...........
    [​IMG]

3. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I really really hate this thread!!!
    Only because it reminds me of the mistake i made in getting rid of my 36!!:-(

4. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

I need to get me a 36 coupe, you just can't go bad on a chopped and dropped coupe. Great rides and pictures.

5. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Here's Skip Haney's web site. Heck of a nice guy to deal with. I had already rebuilt my pumps, but found out about his 3 lb. pressure relief valve to put on the original overflow tube on my rebuilt radiator. It raises the boiling point of the coolant. He also rebuilds coils to last forever.

http://www.fordcollector.com/water_pumps.htm

Here's Little Dearborns site. Also great to deal with. They carry most parts on hand and ship quick.

http://www.littledearborn.com/

I haven't had my '35 on the road yet, but have let it sit and idle for over 15 minutes and it doesn't overheat. Rebuilt original radiator, new original style kits in the original pumps, Skips relief valve, and Red's headers all seem to do it. You have to get the exhaust out and the original exhaust manifolds won't do it.

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

thanks for that INFO! now to make a call!

7. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

Here's mine. a long way from most of you, its in Denmark. 'where's that?' i hear you say, don't worry i did not know either when i moved here four years ago from Seattle. But I have found a way to carry on my hobby, it just costs a lot more.

But the best thing about living here is when i am driving down the street everybody's jaw drops as they have never seen anything like this before. They have no idea what it even is, i might as well be flying in a UFO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

^^^^^^Now that's a good looking coupe!^^^^^^

9. Yowza!!!!!!!!!

10. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I second that !

11. mpot

mpot

How many folks have 35-36 Fords built, in the works, or...
    I've been drag racing this for the last 15 years. Latest motor is a 500 ci. 740 hp BBC on pump gas. When I finish the '32 roadster I'm building I'm going to make a driver out of it.

12. Sorry for the crappy picture but it's on the stretcher for frame surgery.
    I guess you get the idea though.
    It'll be done the day I sell it!

13. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

This is my 36

Attached Files:

14. Kill car! Lets hear some details on it.

-Shiny

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

You already know whose car it "was". ;)

16. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

Hi Shiny it has a 472 Caddy Motor and a 6spd dual overdrive coupled to a 9" curry rear. the car was started by a friend Mike Abassy and sold to some A-holes in Nor Cal where I bought and rescued it from the Dreaded Street Rodders who tried to basically steal the car from me after I purchased it and when i got it these idiots had damaged the front sheet metal and just had no clue of what they were doing and it took us about 3 months to sort the car and make it reliable and a good driver. Suspension was less than awful and car wasnt set up and shocks were installed wrong and just the Geometry was all off. 3rd gear had been knock out of the car because I just dont think they knew how to drive a stick. The fab work was very lame, we have since corrected all fo the quirks and crap on the car and I drive it some where around 10,000 miles a year and have had no trouble with the car and its engine is super strong and relentlessly dependable and all of the shifting and set up is now perfect and only thing we have left to do is to C notch the frame in the rear to make it ride even better and we have corrected the exhaust. Car is fun and I am sure you know has been photographed alot and shows up in Magazines all the time.
    Its a fun car and I just like driving it and it has a soul of its own.

17. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

So you who's car did you think it was? And before you lay out any assumtions, know that I have been doing cars for 30 years as a business and they are all over the world and Hot Rods are my passion and have been building them a long time without selling out.
    Maybe you can help me by answering this question? whats with all of the adverse crap on the H A M B isnt this suppose to be fun. whats with all of the jealousy and nit picking on other peoples cars...everybody should be glad this shits on the road...so myself I really dont care what kind of car it is as long as someone who owns it likes it and enjoys it. So I hope your not one of those Hater assholes that trys to find fault with everyone and their cars...later Django..gmans

18. Chris 50

Chris 50

You make really long sentences.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Relax dude. You are new and you don't know me either. But if you have a '36, you'll soon figure out I know a thing or two about them too.

This is not Shrader's old coupe? And I posted what I did because Shiny should have recognized the car as the one Shrader's (aka Mike Abassy) had.

[​IMG]

telekenfun likes this.
  20. Thought I kinda recognized it, but wasn't sure. Gettin a lil slow in my ol'age! haha
    Django, i gotta put some updates on my Phaeton soon. I got lots done lately. Just about all the fabbing is finished. Thanks for all your help on the phone and the hints you provided.

[​IMG]
    Got the axle dropped in my jig and here I'm doing the steering arms just like Sam Foose showed me by reading R&C in the 70s!!

-Shiny

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Anytime Shiny! Can't wait to see it terrorizing the streets. I just got a right rear fender for our 3 window, so maybe I should sell my '35 coupe rear fenders now. I've been holding on to them "just in case", ya know? Maybe I should trade them for some '36 Sedan Delivery fenders! :D

22. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

I like your car a lot, but you need to chill out, bro! Django is ALL ABOUT '36 Fords.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

No worries, gmans356 sent me a pm and he and I are good. But thanks! :D

24. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

I believe that 36 3 window with the Cad motor and stick shift was for sale on Craig's List about a year or so back. Car was located in Walnut Creek/Concord/East Bay Area CA area if I remember right. I think the asking price was $25,000 in the ad. Or maybe not.

25. varodder

varodder

26. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

here's one from Australia

[​IMG]

27. varodder

varodder

Nice 3 window:D.

28. nyggis

nyggis