Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thanks to all who attended the Shifters Viva Las Vegas #13 ~ LOTS OF PICTURES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Dan,

I was so happy that you and Sherry came to Viva, glad you had a great time. Your '59 Ragtop looked sweet in our line-up of rides. Now put Gunnison on your calender, here's a link:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447793

Kudos to the Shifters for the quality of the show. They made a few changes this year, all for the better from where I'm standing. Keep heading that direction guys !

Johnnie.

2. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Here's to starting a motion to make VLV 14 a 2 day show!

3. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

Axle,

I had a great time... hanging out at viva!

I felt you guys (shifters) really rolled out the red carpet for us. It seemed that you really wanted us there.

The funniest part of the weekend though was when Squeak asked me if I had "seen any FREAKS?" then picked some out for me to look at!

By the way a few of us were piled in the model a on friday night and a bunch of shifters guys snapped some pics, anyway to get a copy or a post?

thanks

Jobcorp=

Woody

4. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Chuck Berry was good. We all have to remember that he was born in 1926 - that makes him 84 years old. I'm sure there's people that age that can't even walk let alone get up on stage , sing, and play guitar. Bobby Trimble on drums, Carl Sonny Leyland on Piano - CB's personal bassist was preferred at the last minute . It was a good show.

5. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

It was great to see the Throttlers out again! Seeing 5 of you guys piled in that model A was classic! I got a pic but it came out a little blury. lets see if it comes out.

Attached Files:

6. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

Thanks for everything, we had the best time ever.

7. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Elvis must be Proud !!!

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag.

JERRY LEE LEWIS is performing the car show next year !

Make hotel reservations for 2011 now !

9. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Great pics thanks

10. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

thats a pretty cool picture....man we sure had fun

11. zep058

zep058

That's one serious cat!:cool:

I will start saving today

12. Thats stand up ! Kudos to both Kiwikev and club.

13. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

I may have cryed about 30 bucks, but i forgot how much fun this show is.
    Thank for not kicking my ass when i showed up.:) and thanks for your effort.

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

More great pics !

15. solid

solid

thanks axle, i don't know how i missed that. Thank god i'm only dumb most of the time. That thing is perfect, i cant quit staring at it...what a great find.

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks again alex, and all the guys from the shifters, you guys are wonderfull hosts. Had a blast getting sauced with your club on thursday night, anyway I am putting up for sale another car, I want to make shure I have the coin to go next year. Though I am always the nice guy, and believe in giving people a chance, I could'ent agree with you and your club more, if a guy respects his car and the work he puts in it, he tends to respect other people, their cars , and him self. thus you avoid the guys that just cause drama and fights. I live in Tijuana, a city that now has one of the worst murder rates in the world, and your show is my vacation I take once a year, I am really proad of you guys, you have the largest and best show in the scene, the quality of the cars was way up,and so where the people,and thats hard to achieve with a show that size. The best to you and all your club, Miguel.

17. Picaninny

Picaninny

Hell yeah the KILLER i'm there for sure. :cool:

18. Axle, you guys did a great job as usual ! We had a very good time ,it was an awsome show see ya next year!!

19. I think I'm just about over the trip.....

Good seeing you & Celeste Alex, thanks for putting on the show, you guys did a great job.

Chuck Berry has now been "crossed off the list" as it were...

See ya soon.

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Dave, can you imagine hearing the killer performing "High School Confidential" ?

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

It was great to see you Miguel but hope more Lifters will think about coming out next year.

22. I did...15 years ago, with Little Richard at home!

23. Kerry67

Kerry67

The Killer Jerry Lee next year ????!!! Very Cool.

Year after that......I VOTE FOR SETZER !!!! They guy LOVES Cars and is the King of Rockabilly in my book. Probably a bit pricey though......

24. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

No guys not Jerry Lee Lewis....Jerry Lewis is performing....LADY!!!!!!

Seriuosly though Kevan gave me the early news and I cant wait!!!!

25. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

Hey Axle,
    I speak for the four of us that drove up.... Man we had a blast. See you again next year.

Attached Files:

26. Why didn't you stop by and say HI? I didn't realize that was your Chevy...

27. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Nice selection of cars there, just got too crowded for me, but I do plan on being back next year.

28. Here's a thought for you...If it wasn't crowded,it wouldn't be a successful show!!!!!

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Duh, just saying it would be nice if there was more space available so that you could see the cars through the crowds of people, no show is perfect and I'm sure that if that many people showed up then next year there might be more room. I said I was coming back.

30. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Axel great show,and chuck was awesome.It was funny watching him change up the songs and the house band trying to keep up with him.The killer at viva is amazing.Its still at the orleans right? april 23rd 24th ? i will book now then.