Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thanks to all who attended the Shifters Viva Las Vegas #13 ~ LOTS OF PICTURES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

i agree the cars were definaly better this year! completeness of the car doesnt mater to me as long as its goin in the right direction. still fun to look at when not completed! but on the vlv site says no fenderless cars with IFS and i saw two in there, i wondered how they snuck in! LOL all was great!

2. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

kiwikev, thats some stand up shit! your a good guy...

3. Mercchev

Mercchev

GREAT Show as always...Thanks Axle and the Shifters for another one. See you in Gunnison!

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

I could be packed again in a few minutes if we want to do it again this weekend. Great time....Check out my thread for some of my Viva pics of the award winners with their awards. Can't wait until next year.

5. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Axle,

Thanks again! The show was awesome! I noticed alot of good stuff there! I wish I could have stayed longer, but I was getting my butt kicked by spider venom pretty badly by sunday so we went home early. I'm glad you liked the Falcon...it had quite a few fans, and that made me a proud builder! Only one guy thought putting a nailhead in it was dumb, and he had the car next to me with the american eagle crushing the ford and chevy logos on it hahaha. priceless.

If ya want us back next year, I'll bring it completely finished and cackling away!

-Scotty

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

Class act all the way. That is how it all should be..........

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Hey Axle, thanx for putting on a great show!!! I had a good time even though my chevy broke down on the way and had to flat bed her back to my house!! I was really fucking depressed but still had a good time....oh well, next year!!:( cant believe i gotta wait another year!!:mad:

Thanx again My friend!!

[​IMG]

8. Ian- tow truck or not the chevy looks amazing man, really nice perportions to it.

Justin

9. KiwiKev is the real deal!!!! Such a great guy. Not surprised one bit!

10. HEY!...that looks just like mine!!!! The tow truck,that is,hahaha!!!!

11. Thanks for everything Axle!!! Jim and I had a fantastic time. It was well worth the drive. Just might have to plan on going back next year...

12. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Thanks again Axle for helping me out i really appreciate you going out of your way for me! It just gets better every year, i cant wait till next year!

13. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

Amazing! Im so sad we waited last min to try and get tickets.Great pics.Thanks for sharing :)

14. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to The Shifters, the performers, models, photographers, and even The Orleans staff. My brother and I flew in from Florida and stayed from Wed. to Mon. We had an awesome - and at times surreal experience. There were so many bands, cars, models, vendors, etc. that it was a total sensory overload. I met a lot of cool people and made some great contacts. I will definitely be back next year and am trying to round up a few more people to help represent Florida a little better haha. If you haven't been to this show - you need to go. Thanks again for hosting an awesome event - now I have to wait another year. :mad:

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

WOW !!!!!!! This is the first i'm hearing about Kiwi Kev's find. Way to go man. That was very nice and generous of you .

16. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Heard nothing but good things about the show....nice job Axle....
    Kiwi Kev....your a standup dude!

17. axle: good stuff...great pic, good stories...

we got'a get there....

18. titus

titus

Whats the story on the olds powered T survivor?

looks like its got some damn neat parts on her.

JEFF

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

My good pal "Dancin Johnny" from the Emperors found it 2 months ago sitting under a tarp in the Mojave desert.The candy tangerine T Roadster was missing the engine and trans. The body,frame,Quick change rear,grille,radiator, headers,magnesium wheels, rib racers, slicks,etc were there. He found a running 324 Olds,Hydro trans, and a three deuce carb set up, and working on it every night got him finished in time for the show! His member Chuck has the green 28/29 RPU with the 8 carbed Olds. Good stuff.

20. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BIG THANKS to the Shifters and axle!! First time for your show and it was great. NICE PEOPLE and CARS. The vendors were fantastic, too. I'll be back for another.

overspray

[​IMG]

21. solid

solid

Me and my friends missed out for sure. Should be no talk about the quality of cars(or pinups). All of this years viva pics are great. Looked like a killer time was had by all. Does anyone know who owns this mean little orange roadster pick up with the slicks, and perfect patina. Has to be a good story behind it.

Attached Files:

22. chopz56

chopz56

Really nice pics,i eventually will drive out there one of these days to attend the show.I geuss you could say that it's one the list of things to do!

23. Gasser57

Gasser57

We had a fantastic time as always. The show just keeps getting better! Thanks Shifters, for putting in so much time and hard work to create such a great show!

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Axle and the SHIFTERS kicked ass for the show and whole set up. We pulled in Thursday afternoon and got registered, arm banded, and lead to parking spots all within about 5 minutes. After that we got to kick back and relax, just enjoy the show. It was cool meeting people from other clubs and checking out the rides before Saturday, too. We enjoyed walking around Friday afternoon and night and just bull shitting.

Thanks again and I am pretty sure VLV 14 will be on our "to do" list.

25. 55oldsrocket

55oldsrocket
    from Santa Ana

Thanks to the shifters for offering exhaust manifold gaskets for my buddies 37 chevy. just shows what kind of people you are. Even though my car didnt end up making it , i had a great time!

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi Solid, please read post # 50. Thanks

27. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Thanks to Shifters and all the others that helped put on VLV 13. We had a great time and the quality of cars was great.

29. Grizzly&LittleChilly

Grizzly&LittleChilly

Axle,
    First time to VLV as a Lonely Knight - great event, well coordinated and controlled, super entertainment, definitely want to return next year - the trip out and back via Rt 66 w/ little brother Jethro was almost as good, as the journey is the destination (top down, seat back, rollin in my Cadillac).
    Shifters should consider taking a road trip out to Colorado to hang with the Lonely Knights, but recommend wait until a summer event due to occasional snow storms even then (snowed 3 inches here today 7 Apr).
    Takidez.
    R,
    Jeff's Brother
    '59 Caddy drop top

30. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Axle,
    Thanks for the great weekend. The car show and the event was truly first class.
    I am already looking forward to next year.
    Mike