Register now to get rid of these ads!

*MrModelT's roadster on loan to the Cal Auto Museum!*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrModelT, Apr 5, 2010.

1. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You think they would give you a loaner. Geeezzz. Awesome car, congrats!

2. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Congrats! Can't wait to see it all in person

3. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

I love this car, it was my desktop image at work for months

4. MrModelT

MrModelT

...Surprised nobody noticed that it "marked it's territory" in this photo, as any true Hot Rod would :D.....or as a friend corrected me [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"it's not marking it's territory so much as it's marking it's place in history"[/FONT]

Attached Files:

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I didn't say anything because I thought you did that.:eek:

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

It was exciting, but not THAT exciting! :eek:

...I do know a little thing called "self control" :rolleyes:

7. buckable

buckable

That's awesome, Clayton. Dang, I was just there last month - I would've blown a gasket if I'd seen it there.
    So don't get too big for your britches and be holding your nose in the air at Voodoo, okay? Yeah, we know you wouldn't.

8. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Ive wanted to see your car since I saw it posted here on the HAMB and now its here in Sacramento. I cant wait to get some pics and see it in the flesh, car is perfect.

9. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'll NEVER be to cool for the VooDoo crew! :D

10. GARY?

GARY?

Cool beans! Man, I love that car.

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

congrats on a great experience

12. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

MrModelT, is there a site or thread where we can see more pictures of the car, the engine, etc? AJ

13. MrModelT

MrModelT

Most certainly!

Here is the link to my build thread, all 17 pages of it.....LOTS of pictures!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308741

If you want any other info that is not in that thread, PM me....will be happy to answer any questions.

14. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Great stuff thanks. There was lots of out-of-the-box thinking, not enough of which is done much these days by some --good going.

15. historynw

historynw

Nice going, the car looks badass to the bone.:)

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That's awesome.. Great car --- Congrats, man!!

Malcolm

17. MrModelT

MrModelT

Ryan's article was fantastic! As several fellow HAMBers put it, he nailed it to a "T" with write up :D

I have a copy hanging at work and in my garage!

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

I love thinking "outside the box" on every car I build, to make every one of them unique, different and something new.

That was my entire focus: Build a traditional T "gowjob" that is a lil' different as far as T's go....something that makes you do a double-take and think "what in the world....?"

...and most importantly, something to just drive and have fun with :D

19. doctorZ

doctorZ

yup, that's what i do. make dreams come true!!! i must say, it's some serious HAMBer trust from people like Clayton and Bobby Green to let us borrow their cars for a few months, but it's going to be a great show. i hope to see all of you Nor Cal kids there.

20. MrModelT

MrModelT

You certainly do! :D That entire weekend was THE coolest thing!...blew me away! I'm just honored that you guys wanted my ol' T for your exhibit..and that it will sitting next to the "Old Crow" and the Bishop/Tardell A-V8 for 3 months on display.....it's not like was gonna say "no" to that one!!!

It will be an awesome exhibit! I hope everyone that can, goes to see it...especially after all the hard work you and the rest of the So.Cal team put into it.

21. Payaso

Payaso

Hey Brotha...once again!! Congratulations!! Chris and I were talking at Voodoo Sunday about your T's adventure...So damn cool!! Proud of ya' man!! I was telling everyone that I am glad I'm able to shove my Big Ass inside that thing...now I can tell everyone I've ridden in a "Show Car" like no other, when the mag articles and pictures start to surface!! Kick Ass!!

Anyhow, See ya at Voodoo May, Donut and Coffee on me!!? Take it Greasy!!

MONDO

22. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks man! It was a AWESOME weekend! :D...like being in a dream, and hoping I don't wake up from it! :eek:

It's strange to me to think that I now OWN a "show and Mag car"....never thought I would be able to tack THAT title on the T.

Your always welcome to a ride, anytime! ...She is still the same ol' T it was before.

..you watch, I'll have 150 copies of each one :D

..and I think I might have to take you up on the donut and coffee :D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  23. bonesy

bonesy

COOL!!

That T has the best profile, just mean. Way to go.

24. Very rad little car. I was the strange looking fellow with the mustache that weekend. It was nice meeting you Clayton. Glad we were able to get you over to Vern's despite not being able to bring the T, and the run in with the law (THANKS ROB). Hey rob, any sort of opening night party planned?

25. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

26. Tim Rocheford

Tim Rocheford

Congrats Clayton. You deserve all the attention that litte car of yours it getting. It is truely an awesome car and I can't wait to see it on the news stand.

27. Kramer

Kramer

Okay, the exhibit opens in a couple days. I expect to see some pictures of it posted here from some of you Sacramento HAMBers before the week-end is over. Just remembered, I might be thru there next week-end. I'll have to try and stop in and see it in person.

28. Congratulations Clayton and very deserving! But, I have a question. Will you have it back in time for Billetproof NW? Would love to see it in person.

29. MrModelT

MrModelT

Will! It was a pleasure to meet you as well! Visiting Vern's shop was an absolute blast!....and are you telling me you didn't enjoy our little run in with the CHP? :D I hope to make it down again before the exhibit ends to see it in it's glory. We'll have to take the T down to Vern's when I come down to pick it up.

I hoping for some good pics too!.....I'm excited to see how the whole thing turned out!

Since the Exhibit runs through July 5th, it will over shadow Billetproof NW by about 2 weeks so it won't able to attend this year. I do plan on having it at Billetproof next year :D

You are of course always welcome to join us for the monthly VooDoo Donut meet here in Portland or come by our shop out in Beaverton on a Saturday.....the more the merrier!

...and I'll also give you a ride in the T :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  30. NM3

NM3

Absolutely perfect stance on your T!!