Register now to get rid of these ads!

Andy Brizio's photo vault, you asked for it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Born a HotRodGal, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Great pictures. I love the shop scenes. Things seemed to a little simpler then.

2. Mucha Muchacha

Mucha Muchacha

Such a cool North Beach shot....Brings back memories of driving home down Bay street after work at Bimbo's...it was only the early 90's but still! Thanks for sharing them Terri!
    :D:D

Attached Files:

3. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Terri, Thanks for posting the picts!
    Priceless!

4. mikes51

mikes51

Yea, cool shot. Up over Bay street, my high school a couple of blocks down on the left side.

There is actually someone riding in the little bed of that T-bucket!

Picture #1 of post #1. Does anyone know who painted those wild flames on the Volksrod?

5. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

Was with mom & dad and brother in I'd say 1966 (?) on vacation in CA from MN and dad stopped by Brizio's shop so I could see this exact car. Had won the Oakland Roadster show, and I wanted to see it in person. Andy was out for the day, but someone called him at home, and we were given directions to his home. We all were invited in the backyard for a lemonade, and Roy (about 14 years old?) drove the T from the garage, through a backyard gate, back to where we were sitting with his family. WHAT a nice guy...

6. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Terri........can I get your autograph? This is the closest I've ever been to hot rod fame!!

As an aside, isn't it nice seeing beautiful women without tatoos????????

Tjompen likes this.
  7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What an incredible collection of photos. Thank you for sharing!!!

Drag racing pics are awesome!!!!

8. eddie1

eddie1

Terri, Thanks for posting these pictures. The vintage photos are a favorite of mine, especially when killing time at work. Like I am doing now!

9. Thank You for sharing.

10. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

The pond photo musta been detroit how is pops ,these are GRRRRRRRReat!!!!!! thanks

11. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

super cool thanks Terri

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos, thanks for sharing and taking a lot of us down memory lane for a while.

13. Ok...I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. One of the best threads EVER on the Hamb.

14. riceman

riceman

Is this the same Ron Williams that raced a Blue Pinto F/C, Shakey ?

15. riceman

riceman

Thanks for some Great S.F. Bay Area hot rod history. This photo has Tony Del Rio at the left and your Dad shaking hands with Mike "The World's Fastest Hippie" Mitchell with the long hair. That is when the Oakland Roadster Show was THE SHOW !

Attached Files:

16. X2. Thank you for taking the time and sharing these with us. As my grandfather used to say, "Muuuust beeee niiiiice!" These threads are what make the HAMB.

17. Very cool pics! Thank you! I met Andy at Goodguys in Medina Ohio in the mid 90's. He drove across the country in his Purple flamed Deuces roadster. He signed a cloth poster and couldn't have been a nicer guy! I also got to see the shop when I was in San Fran a few years ago. Very classy people. The Brizio's are an extremely important part of hot rod history!!

18. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

It was probably around 1969-1970

19. TMoney

TMoney

Amazing pics. Thanks for taking the time to share.

20. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

You are correct it was at Detroit and probably the last photo of the three cars together, as the T was already sold to it current owner.

21. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Terri looking at these photos makes me really appreciate what Street Rods started as.I was just getting into Street Rodding in 1971 at age 16.Although i never had a running car until a few years later i could watch what your Dad was doing thru the magazines.I remember going to Rod Runs with my older brother in groups because you knew someone would have trouble and the whole group was ready to help with anything.You have lived a blessed life and i hope you can keep these memories lasting FOREVER.Tell your Dad he is one of the greatest and made Rodders have the dream of Having Fun With Old Cars.Thank you again for the pics and taking the time to shall them with us.

22. kustomkat

kustomkat

Very kool pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to share them...

23. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Thank You I am glad you all are enjoying the photos, You are correct I have lived a blessed life and have enjoyed every cross country trip in a rumble seat rain or shine.

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Terri,
    Just Priceless. Slim

Attached Files:

25. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Now I understand why many of Roy's cars have the "look" they have. Right on!

Attached Files:

26. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

That name Hollenbeck rings a bell too. Excuse me for assuming, but is your husband related to the body/ paintmen who painted Bud Bryan's 29 Av8 back in the day? If so, you have another legend in the family.

27. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

x2...Love the old shop/store shots. I like studying the backround stuff -walls, benches, machines, toolboxes, etc. ...makes you wish you were there.

28. Such great pics! I was spending some quality time with them and WOW! -- a passenger in the pickup box! I thought Chester was only joking in his book when he referred to building a T-Bucket rumble seat. That is a very cool pic and must have been a bit of a scary ride.
    [​IMG]

29. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Thanks for sharing your treasures with us. Makes me want to go dig out some of my old copies of Rod and Custom.

30. 65 impala

65 impala