Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wiring for rear airbag set up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57FORDF100, Apr 4, 2010.

1. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

hey guys so im doing my first airbag set up on my 57 f100 im doing rear first due to lack of fund so im doing a 4 valve set up up down side to side i have to switches does any one know how to wire up the switches or know of a place that has a wiring diagram for the set up im doing

2. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

You can find wiring diagrams on numerous air bag web sites.

3. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

airbagit.com has instructions you can print out

4. ryno

ryno

if your doing any number of valves, they are pretty easy .

you need a monintary toggle switch.
    power in the center post, your dump valves on one side and your fill ones on the other.

you'll need 1 switch per end.
    if you hav eany other question pm me.

5. here ya go, I know its 8 valve but you should be able to figure it out

[​IMG]

6. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

If you have a 3 position momentary switch (actually any kind of a switch with off in the middle and on at the ends will work) then run power from an ignition 12V source to the center post on the switch. Then run wires from the other 2 posts to the valves on the side you want that switch to control. The valves have 3 terminals on the solenoid. Attach both of these wires to one of the ones thats opposite of each other. Then run a wire from the opposite wire terminal on the solenoid to a ground and your done. Also as a side not some valves solenoids are wired differently and may need the ground from the center terminal.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only thing that I would add to Arrowood's fine diagram is a tank drain. Compressing air coalesces the moisture contained in it, and you shouldn't leave it in the system.

8. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

ok so if i was wiring 2 switches 1 3 prong switch to go up n down n 1 6 prong switch to go side to side rear only for both switches how would i wire them up the center post is power i got that but how does everything else get wired

9. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

If I were you and wanting to do the side to side I would wire it like I posted before for just the back up and down, then just wire the 6 prong to each valve seperately. for the 3 prong switch you are using the bottom terminal (upwards direction on the switch) to raise the rear by connecting it to both of the fill valves and the same thing to the other prong to lower it. When you go side to side on just 2 bags you wire each valve up to a seperate prong so now each valve is controled individually instead of 2 valves at the same time. You might have to just hook up a wire to a prong to figure out what prong does what.

10. ryno

ryno

if your doing just the rear, you cant really hit sides.
    if you want to wire you a "trim switch" meaning you can adjust the level of your rear bags you will need to wire a 3 prong for 1 side only. it will not work if you use a 6 prong and wire them to different terimals on the same switch.a s soon as you hit that 6 prong it doesnt know to only active one post.

red wire will be your 12+ center post
    orange your left rear up top post
    blue your left rear down bottom post
    yellow your right rear up top post
    black your right rear down bottom post

if you want to use a 6 prong or 3 prong, wire you centers 12+
    your ups or lifts on the top posts
    your downs or dumps on the bottom post
    valves will have there each seprate ground.