Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Oh hell, there goes the neighborhood! Guess I can't get away with saying I was sick! LOL

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm speechless! Just spent the entire evening reading this entire post and I am in awe of what you've done, and the car you've built! Words can't do it justice!

3. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Hey AcmeRep are you the one that sold all that acme junk to the coyote. Man he could never get the roadrunner using acme stuff.:rolleyes:

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thanks, it's just a hot rod. I am truly having a blast driving it. I'm in Ocala FL for Don Garlits hot rod show tomorrow. It was a great drive over here and can't wait til tomorrow! I'll post some pictures for you guys........

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

See ya bright and early!

6. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

What are we going to do now? The legion of fans you have picked up are going into withdrawal symptoms now that your amazing HOT ROD is done.

So I guess it's time to let you know that your taking the time to post your progress with photos has earned you the gratitude of many members here on The HAMB.

The fact that you cared enough to keep us fans up to date on your build shows the spirit that keeps The HAMB growing.

And what a fantastic build it was showing what a fantastic job one man in a small garage can do (with some help from your friends). Your meticulous attention to detail has inspired members here that maybe they can do it too.

I know I speak for myself and I'm sure a majority of members here when I say thanks for the time and effort you put into your thread on this amazing build.

If the HAMB was a print type deal you would have been a candidate for the first HOT ROD on the cover but I'm sure when the word gets out the print guys will be coming around to get you on their covers.

7. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thank you Claymore, I sure appreciate it. I to am going through withdrawals and miss updating this thread. I started this thread not to sure how I would be received. Going with a glass body was my only choice due to cost factors. I came to the Hamb to get help. I knew nothing about building a hot rod at all, so I poured over this site for many months. At first I thought building a real hot rod was about making it look like an old coupe with a weathered appearance. After time I felt this was wrong because I would be faking history. Listening to my good friend Del Clark (the one who got me hooked) tell me time and time again, "Build it like YOU want it, not like what you think others will like" and at the same time he would bust my ass for the occasional wrong choice in TRADITIONAL parts. So I decided to build as nice a car as I could with the parts I had. At times I would get so frustrated and want to stop! But I could not let everyone down, especially my new Hamb friends. You guys will never know just how instrumental you were in this build and how your words of encouragement helped me through the long haul. For that I thank you, and you can count on another build. This journey has taught me the true meaning of Hot Rodding. You can build a hot rod out of anything and have fun with it, but only an old car has history, that funky smell and a soul. Someday I will get my hands on the real deal, but for now I'm going to have fun and smoke some tires!
    David Gallentine

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Dave,......

I have watched your posts as you have built this car,..... I could see a huge Lloyd Bakan influence on it and I think you nailed a look that honors the Bakan car but has a personality all your own,...... As far as I'm concerned your Hot Rod IS the "REAL DEAL".

Now go out and kill as many bugs as you can with it,... after all, thats why you built it,.... and thats what Real Hot Rods do.

Great job Dave :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PoPo

PoPo

i just got back from two weeks (army school) with no computer access to find this thread still on page 55.. HT. Man I was hoping to come back and find like 30 uploaded new pics of your car.

Hope your having fun!!!

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

11. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I took the Demon carb off and put on a Holley. What a huge difference! I tried two new Demons in a row and they both were junk. Live and learn. She runs so much better now. I should have listened to Del! I never realized how slow mustangs are, lol. Still can't get the grin off my face!!

12. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

saw the car today at Daytona and saw you wandering round the swap meet....I was too shy to stop ya...

It's awesome.....even better in person

13. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Damnit man! I would have love to meet you Salty! Next time stop me and say hi, please. You where there every step of the way and I appreciate it brother!
    David

14. PoPo

PoPo

Awesome!!!

Dave have you ever thought about a hood top, not the sides but just the top?

15. Ricks57

Ricks57
    from San Diego

Wow, I just spent the whole morning reading this thread. Just Amazing!!! After seeing your hard work and unwavering determination I feel guilty about the five year project in my garage. I'm feeling motivated. Wonderful post with a happy ending, nice to see your hard work rewarded. Tonight I'm going out in the garage and get something done.
    Rick

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was just thinking about the same thing. That car would look killer with a hood top!

17. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

yeah....I was pissed at myself after....friggen man crushes make me all shy and shit....sheesh :D

Seriously, I couldnt figger out a good way to introduce myself..."Hi I'm Salty....er I mean...uhhh are you ahhh Hot Turkey?....uhhhh nevermind"

18. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Ya, I have a hood. I don't like em! I didn't paint it, just put it in the corner of the shop. Kinda like a topless beach, sure some girls still where tops but why? I might put it on someday, just not now.
    I got home late from work again today. I had not driven her in THREE day! Kinda makes me sick, so I took her out in the dark. I'm beginning to wonder when the cool factor will die down some. Every time I drive this coupe I think I'm going to end up in jail. Seriously, it way too much fun!
    For those of you going to the Round up, I will see you there!!

19. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

That's funny shit right there! After I finished this build, I have literally spoken to hundreds of people about the car. Some people say "Hot Turkey!" others ask about the car and I say, are you on the Hamb? They kinda look at me strange and say what? My favorite part about taking the coupe out and parking it is listening to what people say about it. I walk up and listen as if I'm just another on looker. The things people say are a trip! To tell you the truth, more people know me as Hot Turkey than David, now that's funny....

20. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I'm repairing the damage done at the upholstery shop, the drivers door had the bottom corner chipped off. Both door jams had chips and scratches so I repainted it all today. I am going to the Round up on Wednesday so I figured I would stress my self out again. That's when I do my best work, with one day left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AHHHH, the smell of clear coat.....

21. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

dude that's crazy!!! going to repaint the car practically the day before you leave.good luck on your trip and if you like BBQ stop at the salt lick BBQ in Austin or coopers BBQ in Llano TX. good stuff for sure

22. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Smoke, you going?

23. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I assume you haven't had issues with the paint matching? I couldn't see any difference on the doors compared to the body the first time you painted it. I've never had success matching a metallic color but I guess bc/cc is more forgiving.

24. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I can paint, but my buddy is a master and can blend it in good. He can also melt in the clear with no lines. I'm learning a ton! Now to get it all back together.

25. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

26. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Lookin good have fun at the roundup!!!

27. PoPo

PoPo

your a glutton for punishment!! looks great

and I like topless girls too!!!

28. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

headed to charlotte friday for the auto fair then down to athens on saturday.i love austin wish i was going. have fun

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You are crazy, no doubt.

30. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Got her all back together, she just needs a bath in the morning and we are off! Hell ya, I'm goin to Texas!