Register now to get rid of these ads!

got the lafayette home....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, Mar 13, 2010.

1. rgaller

rgaller

If he didn't care what people think, he wouldn't have started a post about it;)

2. ngafreeride

ngafreeride
    BANNED
    from Georgia

that thing is suhweet! i'm glad you're not chopping it up.

3. daddylama

daddylama

hunh.... i had three of those wheels sitting around my shop for years, never knew what the hell they were for and never found a fourth so i could run 'em on something.

that car has some great lines as is. if'n it were mine, i'd do a restoration. damn, i said it. "restoration." think i just aged 10 years.

4. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

great find! shes deffently happy to be able to see the road again

5. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

she is going to be different for sure!:D

6. Philbilly

Philbilly

Very cool. Great score!

7. 59ab

59ab

Great to see something different!

8. I love it...I hate the door top but I think it can be dealt with by slamming the car, using the wheels [chromed or painted a medium tan with maroon pinstripes] and painting that car a deep, mega, shiny black with dark tinted windows....so the door top will blend in.
    Just my opinion.

9. ......or, round the door top, chop it and move the fenders/front wheels ahead 10-12 inches. That's prolly what I'd do.

10. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

How about leaving the doors the same, and maybe making her a taildragger? Just one idea of many....but the doors aren't changing...she's a rare bird!:D

11. noboD

noboD

Truckncoupe, take a look at the Norweigan Blacksmith's '36 Ford coupe for ideas. It's perfect.

12. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

will do! thanks!:cool:

13. 36NashtyCoupe

36NashtyCoupe

I Like it! Seen one at E-ville a few years ago. I have the five window 400 version.

14. Weasel

Weasel

I looked at one a few years ago and thought the exact same thing - used a sedan door straight off the assembly line instead of reprofiling the top - cheap restyling and it shows. However, yes they are rare cars and an oldtimer once told me the front fenders are from the same dies as the 1935/36 Hupp D and G models. I got me a Hupp coupe instead.

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'd have to go this route.....

[​IMG]

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Too bad the factory didn't put in some quarter windows. That way the doors would look OK just like they are. How about finding some quarter windows off say a mid/ late 30's Chevy coupe and grafting them on. Just an idea but keeping it stock (and unique) is probably a better plan.

Frank

17. tommy v

tommy v

thats a 37 above,heres my 37 uncut 5 window ,i like the b piller on them , nice if chopped , if i chop mine i think it will stay a 5 window [​IMG]

18. If you are thinking about altering the back corner of the doors, you might consider keeping it in the family and using the back part of the rear door and/or quarter window from the 4 door 36 nash.

Attached Files:

19. tommy v

tommy v

theres a 37 4 door on ebay right now

20. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

NOT ALTERING THE BODY BECAUSE OF THE DOORS!!!! SORRY!
    That's what makes it unique and I like it! :D

21. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Great Find! Please don't " Street Rod " this one. The world doesn't need any more 350/350 Bowtie powered, fourlink, bagged & butchered POS's

I'd drop the tail abit, and punt for a deep maroon or bleu for the colour.
    My money says there couldn't be but a dozen of these on the planet, left. The door frame/line is what it is, it's not a Bowtie or Blue Oval.

'' Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

22. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I hear you! Thanks for the comments! :D

23. sololobo

sololobo

What a unique coupe, I have never seen this model before, it is typical high style Nash with some of the quirky stuff. I think that door treatment is so bad its good! Regarding the super rare machine being modified, I couldn't do it, the car is in great condition overall and looks really complete, the bumper are smokin! And those wheels are awesome, O.K., thats enough I love the car!! Thanx for sharing the rare piece with us, very nice additional pix are really great as well, that Darth Vader Coupe is way bad. My pal Rossi the powdercoater has a 34 tudoor sedan that has a great look with a lot of body molding lines and deco style, he is talkin nailhead for the hot rod, it was a body only deal, so why not go hotrod for sure. ~Sololobo~

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010