Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is a willys gasser really worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruizznn, Mar 23, 2010.

1. swilly572

swilly572

Even though I am completely happy with the way our (mine & dads) 55 Chevy gasser came out, we still long to build a 40-41 Willys gasser. It is probably since he had me watch Hot Rod ( the real one) back in 1979!

2. ricks40willys

ricks40willys
    from Arizona

Or buy one for about 35K and take the extra 25K to finish it. Check the posts; I still have one for sale.

3. The one thing I might add to this talk is for someone actually looking at a Willys. Or Anglia for that matter. SIT IN ONE FIRST! If you own one or have driven one you will agree with me how small they are. 40/1's have a HUGE blind spot. etc...........Not knocking them at all but just a heads up. A good pal is getting his close to running as we speak.

4. ricks40willys

ricks40willys
    from Arizona

Granted, they weren't built for the super-sized but I use a 38 Willys pickup as a daily driver and you get used to the the visability. The coupes are 5" longer through the door and should accomodate all but the ginormous...

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

right on! And they certainly are built for today's "larger" man! I am 6'5" tall and go about 240. We moved the engine back 10". So that makes matters worse. We ended up trimming about four inches out of the package tray, having the uprights for the cage come through what remained, and put the seats back as far as we could. I fit, except my helmet rests against the top bar. The blind spot is all I can see, as my eyes are almost behind the door post. If not for mirrors, it would be even more dangerous.

Good suggestion by Tman

6. skullhat

skullhat

i would agree, and add that the willys pu is even worse. i had a hard time fittin in my pu so i went with the coupe
    gettin in and out is tough with a cage, and mirrors are manditory....

skull

7. I got to be the test dummy in my pal randys 40 coupe. I was the short one 5'8" and randy is 5'11 while our pal Morgan is over 6. All three of us fit and can drive with the 6 point cage. If I built it for me I would sit farther forward, my head is at or slightly behind the back of the door. But a wide range of folks can fit.

There is a rough steel body here that I have been quoted 15K-35K (price changes)for, just the shell with roof damage. He owns ranchland south of me.

8. FuelFC

FuelFC

All depends on what you want to spend, condition, and how accurate you want it to be when finished. Just figure north of $30K and dream $$$$$ forward from there.

9. BADGAS

BADGAS
    from AUSTRALIA

It is 2 years later. What are they worth now??

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

are there any for sale?

if you find one, and you want one, and you can afford one...BUY IT!