Register now to get rid of these ads!

RUSTY vs. PAINTED.. which looks better?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Teep, Mar 30, 2010.

1. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

Looks great with a coat of paint on it.Patina is just one of those fancy words coined by someone too damn cheap or lazy to paint there car.:D

2. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

[Again BLA BLA BLA. Thats your opinion, and the're like ---holes, everybody has one. Now if your stupid enough to let your rusty or patinaed vehicle sit out in the rain every day, you might have a point about rust . Otherwise your poor car ain't going to turn ro a pile of rust in front of your eyes. Get real. Rust is always there somewhere. You better keep it in a vacuum sealed container. Paint is great, but it's way over rated. QUOTE=lugnutz9032;5085459]Looks great with a coat of paint on it.Patina is just one of those fancy words coined by someone too damn cheap or lazy to paint there car.:D[/QUOTE]

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

well from someone that can't/won't fill out a profile, didn't do an intro, and doesn't seem to know that this is a TRADITIONAL hot rod and custom site I'll just ignore your ignorance about rust. :rolleyes:

4. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Paint..... It looks better with paint...My 2 cents...

5. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

Brandon, you totally described my car...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I liked both versions. The patina was contemporary, the paint looks timeless.

7. Teep! Haven't seen your rig since the paint, but it looks good both ways to me! By the way,,, Hows your friend "Cheeseburger" doin? See you next time......The Arizona Old Crow........Crow.

8. Well Said!!!!!!

9. Duuuuude! those garden tools in the background would make snazzy nerf bars and shifter knobs!

10. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

DAMN Ripper, it sure must get hotter than hell in your neighborhood...those portawalls are melting!!!!

11. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

[/QUOTE]

Hey stu55, is that short for stupid55? Do us all a favor and head back to wherever it was you came from. Your asshole opinion speeks much for your character, and it is one that doesn't fit in here. This is Ryans house, you have absolutely no respect for him and his rules for being here...so go away. If you think paint is over rated, I suppose you probably think seals and gaskets are a waste of time/money as well? Rust and oil leaks, thats what makes your ride so neet...:rolleyes:

12. lazyv8

lazyv8

josh.. is your upright rockabilly badass bass pinstriped too?? cuz thats a must..wanna be in our club? kreepy ratzz c.c. not with ur roadster tho..u gotta have a kreepy kat rebel ride!!

13. This is getting soooooo good. I think I will a soda and some popcorn and just watch.
    Uhhh What was this originally all about anyway?

14. fitzee

fitzee

Lets see?? Witch car Looks better? the rusty one or the nice shiny one?? LOL

Attached Files:

15. Don't like the shiny one looks toooo much like a wantabeee Prowler

16. Would you take your girl for a night out in a rusty car? Thats what I though. Looks great with the black on it!

17. Well I am not a fan of rust but the first one is a lot nicer. The second one is to much of a street rod for me.

18. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

it was pinstriped. i just got it back from a makeover.

[​IMG]

yes i want to be in your club. i may be able to find a kreepy kat kewl kustom in las vegas this weekend. hmmm, road trip maybe.

19. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

YES!!! those are the same shape of the new mufflers im going to put on my roadster! 6... 1 on each pipe. RATTASTIC!!!!

20. Cool. you should replace that played out old 32 grill with a KUSTOM KOFFIN GRILL that would be badass. I'll even offer to take that old "stock" grill off your hands for a crisp hundo....:rolleyes:;)

21. YOUR ROADSTER IS AWESOME! INSPIRATION FOR MY '32.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

22. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

a hundred???? dont insult me! 50 is a fair price.....

23. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

thanks man. looked at your pictures and looks like youre off to a great start! ill trade u bodies!!!

24. lazyv8

lazyv8

you have to make sure to play the upright bass with your tounge!!

25. lazyv8

lazyv8

this is a picture of teep! hes hot.
    [​IMG]

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i just read this whole fuckin thing!!! now, im going rope shopping!

27. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Shiny one duhhhhhh oh wait its not april fools day anymore .

28. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Paint is the new patina(rust) haha

29. [/QUOTE]
    Every once in a while you see a car and say, "I wouldn't change a thing," That is your car now. Before, it was, "I wouldn't change a thing, except paint it," Super nice ride. Spot on!

30. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

Every once in a while you see a car and say, "I wouldn't change a thing," That is your car now. Before, it was, "I wouldn't change a thing, except paint it," Super nice ride. Spot on![/QUOTE]

thanks man i appreciate the compliment.