Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs EXTRA! EXTRA! "Sexy Sadie" Gets a Haircut! Shoebox Hardtop Chop! UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinstriper40, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

I will not have my car ready ether to summer 2010
    I hope it can be ready to 2011

/Stefan

2. AntiBling

AntiBling

I think we need to get a 51 Chevy running and driving down the road in about another month here.

3. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

Well? I'm dying here in Iowa! Progress?

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have the pass. side C pillar piece made... just got back from the Topper's show... Sorry six you'll just have to wait a bit longer!

5. AntiBling

AntiBling

Well they've been going today, just not much to show, they are working on the panels, here's a picture of Brian beating the sail panels into submission.

[​IMG]

6. Your pictures suck! You guys don't have electric lights up there?!?!?!?!?!

7. JAWS

JAWS

Fun isn't it?!

8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a pic of the C pillar. I'm happy with it!

Attached Files:

9. Soviet

Soviet

Very nice!
    I bet the other side will look even better....
    Brian did a fantastic job on that panel.

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Great work!!! The sail panel is really nice!!! One day i'll have some nice tools like that!!:)

11. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boris- Brian sure as hell DID! It's Excitement City around here!

Ian- Your work has been an inspiration to me for sure man! It makes me and my "associates" step up to the plate and deliver! Thanks for the compliments- you're a cool cat.

12. AntiBling

AntiBling

RacerJ replies to that comment:

[​IMG]

One sail panel done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Hey Joel. It's looking even better today. Nice work on the panel by Brian. And I like the pics Anibling....plus Pete's reply. Pete's really going at that thing. Must be why he gets to ride shotgun in the '40. :)

14. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got a feeling Pete will be driving the '40 this summer...

15. Great work today....... the C pillar looks great!

16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Ian- Your work has been an inspiration to me for sure man! It makes me and my "associates" step up to the plate and deliver! Thanks for the compliments- you're a cool cat.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanx man, WE ALL inspire each other and that's what's rad about this forum!!:) Keep it up guys.... LOOKS AWESOME!!

17. camargma

camargma

excellent work!! i cant wait to hear all about it this week, i am bummed out i missed out on the fun!

looks like theres a blue 51 chebby in the background that needs some chopping.. you should of done that one too!! ;)

18. racerjohnson

racerjohnson
    from Fargo, ND

The fun group part of the chop is done so it was down to a few people today. Finished tonight by working on converting the bottom B pillar stumps to a hardtop configuration. Brian formed that awesome C Pillar panel (is that machine really called a yodler?), but not quietly:). Joel was laying out the filler panel pieces.

Everything this weekend went pretty smoothly, I'm stoked about how its progressing. P40 has been laying out the pictoral vision to fellow Suedes for months so discussion was more "how to get it done" than "what should it look like."

Everybody did an awesome job and it was super fun all around. Would like to maintain much of the build momentum until its primered. The bare metal in springtime is scaring me a little.

19. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Nice work

How much moved you the rear window forward

My car have i moved 270mm [11"]
    Andreas car have the rear window moved 300mm [12"]

/Stefan

20. TomH

TomH

I was in a local club for 30 years and I don't remember ever doing anything as cool and as much fun as I had helping on this chop. ( you notice I said WAS ) Thanks guys for ASKING me to be a member. Wish I didn't live so far away.

21. sololobo

sololobo

"Sexy Sadie" will really be strutting her stuff with the low lid. Man I loved the car b-4, but she is super hot ala her streamlined lid. Great work dudes, bros helpin bros, what its all about. Rock on brave souls, ~Sololobo~

22. LordoftheDance

LordoftheDance
    from Fargo, ND

All I can say is WOW! I had a blast on Saturday, learned alot, and always enjoyed working with my club buddies! Pinstriper was so prepared for this chop...and it showed. Definately a great club to be part of!

23. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Awesome work man. That thing is really coming together!!!

24. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The '51 won't get chopped for a while... but when it does happen I'll be there to help!

We moved the rear window 7" forward. The A pillars were chopped 3.5" and the C pillars were chopped about 6 or 7"

Thanks Sololobo- I can't wait to get some "finished" pics up... it's been a blast so far and I can't wait to get her in primer.

Thanks Lowpunk! give us another week... she'll be sexier than ever!

Thanks RacerJ, LotD, and TomH... Like I've said before, there's a reason I joined the Suedes, and weekends like this pay off when your club comes together to help a guy out! As RacerJ put it, "we spoke about how to get it done rather than what we wanted to get done." I guess 4 months of brainwashing pays off for Pinstriper...

25. guyontheHAMB

guyontheHAMB
    from chicago

I know what you mean about living so far away, Tom. One good reason I wanted to make it up there for this was to take in some of your metalworking skills. It looks awesome all around guys. Thanks for all the updates...

26. TomH

TomH

Hope this summer you and Bolo can make it back for the run!!

27. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Caption Action! It started to sink in today... I have a chopped shoebox. And it's my birthday! The big 2-3

28. VonWegener

VonWegener

I remember the big 2-3:) Happy Birthday Kiddo! Nice chop, nice thread!

29. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Happy 23rd!

I'd say you had a damn nice birthday... look at all the brothers that should up to the party! You have the makings of one of the nicest Shoeboxes I've seen, you did your homework and it shows! Clever move getting all those cats to come down and share in the 2 day festivities, you must be a stand up guy given all that talent that showed up to take part. That speaks volumes, that is one of the best gifts you could have received, proof that your club and friendship mean a lot to the group. Plus, you got an awesome chop to a very nice Shoe! I've had numerous cars, each one was "the one" until the next one caught my eye. You may keep you car forever or not, but you'll never forget this birthday, especially the gathering of friends that made it memorable!

I'm glad it was a big success! Enjoy all of 23, 24 will be here before you know it. So what do you have planned for 24 that will outdo 23? You better get planning now!!!

Peace,

-DON-